Back in the Day

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by mindy lover, Aug 8, 2014.

1. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

Okay, so, as someone who is a 90’s child, I always here from older people from the 70’s or farther back that times have changed in the sense that “the world has become more dangerous.” Do you guys think this is true or do you think the tabloids just bring to light things that have always been going on and might not have been addressed as much as they were in the past?

Do you disagree? If so, why?

2. 61 No. B

oh god more "90s kid" talk
    look assuming your age is right, youre 19 like me. meaning you would have been at most 5 or 6 before the decade was over, ie youre not a 90s kid. youre a 00 kid. the bulk of your childhood took place after and the majority of your memories as well.

on the topic at hand, things have changed but that doesnt mean there werent problems back then. well (hopefully) never know what it was like to go to sleep wondering if the soviets would nuke us over night. well never freak the **** out because of a satellite(okay maybe but not like then) and well probably never have to fear being sent overseas to die because of a draft. so yeah. thats just a thing people do. the "back in my day" talk to a time and place when somehow everything was perfect. all you have to do is open a history book and know tats not true.

disclaimer: im like 75% asleep and im cold shaking so this post might not even make sense.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  3. jafar custom title

the tabloids definitely reveal the truth that is hidden deep but people just dismiss it because they're all brainwashed by the mass media. like, 9/11 was totally a government operation, jfk was assassinated by the kgb, and political offices are actually held by lizards disguised as humans. it's all there, written in black and white.

4. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Every generation had its problems. And never take the tabloids seriously.

Though we all know Elvis is still alive and Dennis Rodman is an alien.

5. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

Thank god for people like you. :)

6. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

You don't know the half of it- if it weren't for Laurence then the universe would collapse on itself. She is the protector.

7. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

It hasn't already? :(

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

The universe is in my hands and you should all keep on my good side. I have no qualms about letting it all go to ruin just so I can get it rebuilt.

But the paperwork involved takes years.

9. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

Funny,

10. Patman Bof

Define dangerous. Dunno about the world as a whole, but my country mortality rate and life expectancy haven' t exactly worsened lately.
    People would just rather deal with the devil they know, and it' s easier to know the past than to know the future.

11. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

More crime therefore more bad people. In a sense they mean ppl r worse.