Baby Held Hostage

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Terra254, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    I didn't see this on here, which surprised me. (However if it is and I missed, feel free to take this down.)
    It's a tad late, but since I wasn't active when it happened I didn't post about it. I still would love to hear your input.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/hostage_relives_moment_deranged_4ETM2rwF46tsr5qbUHZPPI

Do you think the police officer could have handled the situation better, or do you think he did the right thing?
    I personally believe that he did the right thing, because the child's life was valuable and crazy people never stop being crazy. However, do you guys think this can be seen as parallel to the dog shooting in California? I think the situation and odds were too different to change my mind on either incident, but if it changes your opinion, feel free to talk about it...

2. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

In times like this, I think they have no choice but to shoot to save the life of the hostage. As for comparing it to the dog shooting, this man clearly was dangerous, but the dog wasn't.

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

The man did the right thing. He did it just to protect the innocent child's life. But when compared to the dog incident, the suspect is an actual threat to society. The dog isn't.

4. Key of Awakening Merlin's Housekeeper

I believe the officer did the right thing. I mean, a baby's life was at stake here, and this guy was crazy enough to actually kill her. That being said, it had to be done to save the child's life.

5. Fellangel Bichael May

Comparing this to the dog situation is two clearly different situations. The dog wasn't really of a threat. It was just trying to protect this owner. This on the other hand is a clear sign of harm and even death. Any normal person would probably do the same in those kinds of situations. Thank god no one was harmed in that situation (except the person who was shot)

6. jafar custom title

yeah, read about this yesterday actually. there is no comparison between this and the dog incident. just no comparison.

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I think given the challenging and immediate circumstances it was the right thing to do. I think it would have been better to stun the mental patient and then send him back to a more secure institute but if that wasn't handy then shooting would have been the best thing. I dislike death, even someone that does these sorts of things, no one deserves to die (we all do though at some point but I mean murderwise) and if it can be avoided then that would have been better. Of course, the child needed to be saved and I am so glad they weren't harmed. I'm not saying what the mental patient did was okay because he has mental health problems, I just think if death can be avoided then it should be.