Film Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Aug 16, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

You get to see it on April twenty-thirth? How???? aughhhhh way to make people jealous

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

From what I heard, studious usually do that quite often with popular movies to avoid losing much money due to piracy in those countries. I remember back in 2010 how my uncle in Lebanon told me he watched Iron Man 2 before it was released in North America.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

AMC theatres are also doing a marathon of all Marvel movies leading up to the premier of Age of Ultron. Totally sounds like something I would do if the damn thing didn't take over a day.

4. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Avengers movies generally debut a week early in here, truth be told in the last movie they didn't put the shawarma scene so you guys got the "Definitive" edition. But other movies take ages to show up some of the oscars movies didn't start yet.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Adding to this, Elfman confirmed that his contribution to the movie is simply just remixing the Avengers theme from the first movie.

6. Doc Destiny Islands Resident

Soooooo I bought the very first viewing available to see this movie. I'm even calling off of work to make sure nothing gets in the way of me and my butt sitting in one of the best theaters money can buy.

I plan to watch this movie about four to five times. Lord knows I've done that for plenty of other movies already. :D

7. Patman Bof

I just checked, it' s April 22 here. xD
    Not sure about the rest of the world, but in France American studios don' t get to choose their release dates as they wish. To prevent your blockbusters from drowning our own French movies we can delay or accelerate a release.

Besides movies are always released on Wednesdays here, I think it' s more of a week-end thing in the US.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

TV spot with a bunch of new scenes:

9. Doc Destiny Islands Resident

Ok I want that... ALL of that like right now.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Two new TV spots have been released:

Is it May 1st yet?

11. 61 No. B

This is part of a larger problem and it's not limited to just this movie or studio, but I really don't like the massive amounts of information and actual movie we've seen before it's even out. I feel like I've already seen the movie having only watched a couple trailers and knowing what I know from the news, and I'm not even following this that hard. Just from existing and frequenting the places I do, I already know so much. This is a growing issue. I mean if people like to essentially spoil it for themselves before experiencing this highly, highly anticipated movie, then whatever, but I stopped watching after one trailer because part of what made this series so intriguing was that it was doing things that had never been done before and we had no idea what was coming next. Now we know what's coming for like the next 20 years and can already kinda infer what the content of those movies will be. I'm still excited. Of course I'll watch it. And I understand being so consumed with excitement that you seek out any information you can find, but that really only serves to build high expectations that wouldn't be there naturally.

12. Krowley Moderator

Vision's design revealed in the latest promotional poster;
    [​IMG]

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I guess Marvel is going for the more realistic faces for machines these days.

Also, I could have sworn they were doing something at my movie theater the other day when I went to go see Fast and Furious 7, because on the ticket screen they had something for the Avengers: Age of Ultron showing and it was only the 5th. So unless they were having early showings, it was probably something else, but there was certainly a giant line that was out of the theater for it

14. 61 No. B

visions a character i know zero about but i'm hoping the movie will make me want to seek him out bc capes are cool

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Considering Scarlet Witch marries him, I think it makes sense.

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

No you're wrong Scarlet Witch marries me (jk)

I think Vision looks pretty damn cool. Certainly fitting for the movie imo

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Your waifu doesn't love you, Hector! *holds up body pillow with the Scarlet Witch on it* Do you, babe? ....WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME?!?!

18. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

the press already saw, no new avenger than what was shown, Marvel is a troll :(! They're saying it will be difficult to top it.

19. Patman Bof

Saw it this afternoon. This Quicksilver has nothing over Days of Future Past, but aside from that Age of Ultron sure is full of money shots.
    The plot tries to focus on the most obscure characters (the newcomers and those who haven' t had their own movie yet), which is good I guess. But because of their growing number this movie suffers a bit from the X-Men syndrome, it doesn' t flow as well as the first one. Also, this one didn' t make me laugh once, but I' m sure the French translation is partially to be blamed for that. Might also be because they tried to have creepy undertones whenever Ultron was around, but I got bored of that rather fast. The guy is ranting.

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Let's be real here, nothing was going to top that Quicksilver.