Television Avatar: Legend of Korra

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Always Dance, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

But that was awesome!

2. Hayabusa Venomous

It didn't fit the tone set by the series. We had no build up to anything like what happened in Book 2's finale. Even the fight itself felt more awkward than anything.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

IMAGINE KORRA INTRODUCING ASAMI TO IROH AND THEN ALL HAVING A TEA PARTY TOGETHER

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Did anyone else get a lesbian implication from them? Not so much that they're lesbians themselves, but just in general.

5. Krowley Moderator

Okay. Here we go

Not enough time to structure, so here are just random things to
    - All benders using different tactics to take down the Colossus. The paint thing was a nice little trick from Meelo, and Yeah! YOU GET CRUSHED BY THAT BUILDING!

- Was expecting the death of Mr Sato just from all the reconciliation he had with Asami, but dammit if he didn't end off an a good note

- ALL HAIL FORMER PRINCE WU! DANCING KING AND SOOTHSAYER OF THE BADGERMOLES!

- Expected, but giddy to see that Varrick and Zhu Li finally did the thing. Constantly hinted and finally delivered. And yet not even the biggest OTP to happen...

- KORRA/ASAMI was so welcomed. I can see the internet already exploded, but damn if it's not a nice change of pace. At the end, I saw Mako all "I'll always be there for you Korra," and her eyes lit up and I thought; no. No NO NO!! NO!!! and relieved to see they didn't get those back together. Asami was more understanding and compassionate to what Korra went through anyways. I didn't get why people shipped them canonically until they held hands. That was just too damn precious...

- Kuvira's defeat was a bit iffy with me, but I did like how prepared and resilient she was. True to her character's determined nature. I knew she wouldn't die from all the struggling with past foes Korra went through, but I just wish there was a little bit more to her inevitable surrender. I know there's an acknowledged understanding with her now, but I dunno. Part of me just want Korra to let her go and find her own meaning of what to do instead of rotting away in prison. Korra could have lied and said she died, and Kuvira could have a more liberated and first hand venture into the rebuilding of a more evolved Earth Kingdom due to Wu's decision.

- That music! Oh it was all glorious, making me astonished and sad and hyped all over.

- Kind of a tad disappointed I didn't get to see the returning team Avatar. Zuko, Katara and Toph, returning for just a small thing. This would have bugged me more, but that thing Toph said about "Leaving the fighting to the kids," made me a little more reasonable to the choice.

The Avatar Franchise really grew up with it's audience. From Airbender to Korra, it has shown the growth and character that comes with the mantle of being the global balance setter. All in all It was an unexpected, but welcomed end to a great continuation of Avatars. Legend of Korra was legendary indeed :)

6. Hayabusa Venomous

...you're kidding right? Korra and Asami were as lesbian as they could be without just kissing. (though more accurately both of them wold be bisexual at that point after dating Mako)

7. Krowley Moderator

I like to think they are into women now because Mako was such a bad boyfriend that they converted, haha.

8. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

a friend and I had a funny discussion about how Mako got screwed over this whole season
    he got stuck with Wu and did nothing cool at all
    barely appeared in the first part of the finale
    second part he has one cool moment and then almost dies
    then he's all "Korra gimmie yo numbah and i'll call and i'll follow dat ass in da mall"
    and then both his exes decide to be in lesbians and he's probably gonna be real confused and insecure when he realizes that
    lel Mako sux

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

10. Hayabusa Venomous

If for Book 2 you're saying that the giant monster battle was better....nah, can't ever agree with that. As I said, it was really awkward to watch and had little if any interesting choreography. You don't need a gigantic battle to have a good fight, and I much preferred the more simple but well done dual between Korra and Kuvira to any of other final fights in the series. Second best fight would probably be Korra vs Tarrlok, followed by Korra vs Unalaq right before the stupid giant spirit wrestling.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

Nope, Books 3 and 4 were both 13 episodes, and Book 2 had 14. Only Book 1 had 12.

The most sequel wise we'll get from the series will probably be delivered via comics. There's currently a whole series of comics written by Gene Yang about the ATLA gang's adventures following the war, and considering their popularity thus far, Korra comics are definitely in the realm of possibility.

When they first introduced the idea of the Colossus I was afraid it was gonna be dumb but man it was so good to be proven wrong. The strategy was great; seeing everyone do their own part in taking it down, no Jinora Christ saving the day with a ball. And just the sheer collateral damage from the fight! The Unalaq Kaiju fight made the vines but nothing else really happened, which is bullshit all things considered, lol. But here everything was getting wrecked. Kuvira and Korra basically set off a ****in nuke in the center of the city. This is the kind of high stakes a giant battle should have and it was amazing.

Yeah I thought the same about the heart to heart too. The look on Kuvira's face before the cut back to before they walk back into Republic City makes me think they talked more offscreen possibly, but agreed that it's fine.

I also really liked that Wu stepped down and decided to let the states govern themselves! It's great for showing his maturity as a character but it also ties back in that Great State of Yi or w/e from the first episode this season, which I completely forgot about till he mentioned the states.

This is definitely my vote for Korra's strongest finale. I think I enjoy Book 3 a bit more as a whole product since Book 4 got a little sluggish to me around midway, but Book 4 was really solid, and with Korra Alone and The Last Stand, easily had the two single best episodes in the show.

cannot WAIT to hear what mike and bryan have to say in the commentary for the last episode in the book 4 bluray and art book

13. Mish smiley day!

The series as a whole, for me, was kind of lackluster and in no way matched ATLA. Not so much book 3 and 4, but memories of 1 and 2 really let the series down. However, the Korra finale was reminiscent of the ATLA finale imo. Everyone had a part to play - even Wu, who really redeemed himself towards the end.

Also I too thought that Mako and Korra's heart to heart was going to end with them getting back together so I was pleasantly surprised by the subversion.

14. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I didn't realize Kuvira was voiced by Zelda Williams. I noticed it in the final credits.