Request Avatar Improvements

Discussion in 'Art Shop' started by Amaury, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Llave typically takes care of these things for me, but he is currently very busy and is not up to the task, so I need someone else to take care of it for me! :)

Llave previously made me this avatar; however, as I noted in our conversation a long time ago, I am not sure why, but the eyes aren't showing up well:

Hyuga.png

I'm not sure if it's from a miscalculation Llave made or if the original image I provided him wasn't big enough, but this image should be big enough to work with.

If whoever takes this on could use the same graphics and cropping, that would be great; however, if it's not possible in regard to the graphics, use different graphics, but please use Llave's approach: something involving taking the color layers of the character and turning them into graphics (Llave can explain this if he wants).

Thanks!

2. Llave Superless Moderator

The kid like flashy and bold textures, so add 'em in and mess around with opacity and layer merging.

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It doesn't look as good as the original but here's what I came up with.

amaury-avatar.png

Not to great with lightning effects and not sure how or where the original background came from so I just played around with filters as per Llave's advice. I think it ended up looking kind of neat. Hope you like it!

~Nights

EDIT: Noticed the difference in cropping. Here's a revision.

amaury-avatar2.png

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Saved.

I like it. :D @Korrasami™, do you like it? :D Though I still wonder what went wrong on yours. Considering none of the other avatars that you made for me were like this, both Nights and are I leaning toward the original image I gave you back then was low in quality.

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Sometimes, cropping an image a certain way, can make it 10x better.
    For instance, my avatar. I could have had it zoomed in more, but I chose this cropping since I believed it felt better.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's all about perspective. The picture you have now gives a better image and scene than if you just zoomed in and only had, say, their heads poking in the corners with a sword in the middle

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

@Crash

Another update:

I decided I hated how that one turned out so I decided to try a different method. Here's an updated version with better lightning and color effect for the guy in the image.

amaury-avatar3.png

Now it looks like the lightning is actually there! I'm actually proud of this one.

~Nights

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Hyuga. Hyuga Ryght.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

In any case, this can be locked. Thanks, Nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.