Webcomic Ava's Demon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plums, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

[​IMG]

Found a link to it in What?'s signature a while back and finally red through it. It's basically the story of a lonely young girl who's been haunted by a demon since her youth. However, things quickly change for the girl, and her and the demon must put aside their differences and cooperate to achieve the dreams that they have for their lives.

The art is super gorgeous and the story is pretty good so far (it's really just started and takes only about an hour to catch up!). It updates every Thursday.

Thoughts and opinions on it (if you are reading/about to read)?

2. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Hi, yeah, can we just take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this comic's art, because seriously, this stuff is fantastic.

The story isn't that far along ( I'm actually reading the updates right now ), but things are going to get serious soon. A small cast of interesting characters has already been introduced, and with the character page having many silhouettes on it, I can tell there are going to be more colorful characters and demons and other things introduced soon.

I really like the concept of the shapes in the eyes, such as Ava and the circles, or Maggie an the triangles. The characters are all so beautifully designed; take Wrathia, for example: she's got the general idea of what you might picture a demon to look like, but there's something different about her, perhaps her story? that makes her different.

I, too, was introduced to Ava's Demon by Ash, and I'm really glad to read it. It's fantastic and I seriously recommend.

3. Doukuro Chaser

Yes the art is amazing. And the videos were rather fun to watch.

Not sure what else to add that hasn't already been said but I really look forward to meeting the rest of the demons. So far loving Wrathia and it's a bit odd for me to like the main characters the most but I really like Ava too. Maybe since she's so relatable.

Oh, an extra tidbit; the mask Wrathia's husband wore is her ex husband's skull o: so interested in seeing if we actually see something about that in the comic or what. Just to view their homeworld and see where their kid is would be nice. I hope the egg is unharmed.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I just started, I'm on the third page and I already love this (perhaps even more than I was starting to love Homestuck). I am excited to keep reading.

5. jafar custom title

Wow, this is amazing. I don't normally read webcomics, but the art in this is just so gorgeous, and although it took a little while for the story to really start and explain things, it's rather addicting. I'm not much a fan of the videos though. It's kind of jarring to watch after reading because I have my own feel and sense for the world and having them throws it off, but I appreciate what she is trying to do with them. Otherwise, this is pretty fantastic stuff.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Okay, I'm fully caught up, and OMG This webcomic, OMG this webcomic, OMG THIS WEBCOMIC.

The art is beautiful ; ; The characters all have their own tones, and representative colors that really help remove their genericness and allow you to instantly know who is talking. The story was a bit slow at first, but I really enjoyed reading and finding out what was going on.

Characterwise, I'd say my favorite is Maggie. Her attitude appeals to me c:

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

I really REALLY love this webcomic and it is one of the few that I can actually keep up with because I am so into the story (that and updates are never like, novels long)

The artwork is so unique and even though I could predict a lot of what has gone on so far, I still really enjoy watching things revealed. I'd recommend it for someone who is an appreciator of art, and remember not to base the story off of first impressions please. c:

8. Ghost King's Apprentice

I don't know I anyone else reads it, but Ava's Demon is off hiatus. And it updated Thursday. If anyone does read it, it starts off with Wrathia's reaction after Ava asks her if her warriors liked her.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

Avas Demon has been on hiatus for a really long time... since I think the end of June... or maybe it was mid-July? Anyway, I have been waiting in excitement for it because I really do love the artwork, and I want to know more of the story.

10. Ghost King's Apprentice

So I wanted to make a new thread but since I already made this one I thought it would be better just to post here.

I just recently caught back up and was wondering if anyone else had too since it just revealed something new about Maggie and another character was introduced (I actually dislike Maggie more now because of the way she treats him). Anyway I was hoping some else reads it so we can talk about the recent updates and the future ones too.

Edit: I removed hiatus from the title. I don't really know what that accomplished though.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sometimes I forget how unlikable fictional characters can be.

Then I read the latest Maggie/Tuls updates.

Ugh.

12. Ghost King's Apprentice

I want to know what Maggie wants him to use his powers for. It has something to do with guys she likes and thinks they're the one, but making him use it so many times seems excessive.

And since he half way made a pact with Maggie it must mean he somehow knew Wrathia, but that doesn't seem right since he doesn't know who Titan is.

13. Doukuro Chaser

He could be lying when he said he doesn't know who TITAN is. There was a pause which helps supports that theory.

As for Maggie, I still like her because she has spunk, but I really hate how she treated the place. Though maybe it's symbolic. They're inside their mind which also makes me think it's unsafe to be destroying things in there. Also, in the book Ava got it showed Tuls with thorns and stuff, meaning he has another form so he could change in the future. Maybe it goes to show the two become destructive in one way or another. I want to see how they change and if any of my theories are true.

Also I really want to know if Odin has a demon with him. It seems really likely. If not then those twins or his brother, brother being the more likely out of those three. I want to know the details there too.

Edit: I should have read the last update before posting. That changes a lot with the part about Tuls.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  14. Ghost King's Apprentice

Yeah, I think it's probably more likely that Odin's brother has a demon instead of the other three unless they only did half of the pact instead of completing it like Maggie. But then there's also the possibility that Odin could meet one later in the story and make a pact then.

There's also this one thing that's been bothering me. It probably doesn't mean anything, but when Ava saw Tuls' doors of lust on Maggie they looked sad. I was just thinking that his doors could probably mirror his emotions.

I have also claimed Tuls as my own.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  15. Ghost King's Apprentice

Chapter Ten is over!
    It actually ended with a video (Maggie's Garden) this time and we haven't gotten one in a while. At least not that I remember. But there aren't going to be any new chapters until April 21st because she's going on hiatus again. Taht means you all need to catch up so we can discuss (I'm mean if you want to).

Here's the video in case anyone wanted to watch it again (because Tuls is in it).