Audio Archive Update - Soundtracks, MIDIs, and Game Audio, oh my!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Hey guys! Been a while since we had one of these, hasn't it?

As some of you probably know, our audio archive has had to be redone since our move to Xenforo last year. Other tasks took precedent for me, so it's been slow work getting it done! I've still a ways to go, but I thought I'd draw your attention to some of the recently completed pages.

slide.jpg

We now have a complete collection of the Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix soundtracks. Each of them features a quick download option, where you can snag the entire page in one neat file.

Now we're not just hosting up the soundtracks--we've got some cool Kingdom Hearts sound effects for you to play with too!

Courtesy of our Media Recorder Miles, we're also proud to offer MIDI & instrument data from Kingdom Hearts.

Finally, thanks to our Coder iwantedtoexplode, we also have some game audio from Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix. On one page you can download all of the cutscene dialogue (organized by world), as well as battle cries from the game's party members and from Organization XIII.

Check it all out by going to Media > Audio Archive in our navigation bar, or simply clicking here. There's always more on the way so stay tuned!

If you create a cool video using these sounds, do show it off in our Video Portal!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Amaury
      Amaury
      So it's any and all battle cries? For example, Goofy's "Somebody come quick!" when on low HP would be in there?
    2. Misty
      Misty
      Yeah, it's in there. Just download the Allies zip file, extract it, and go to the Goofy folder. It's file 15.
    3. Amaury
      Amaury
      I'd be more than happy to go through each file and hear what it is and provide a list of names for the files for better organization.

For example, Goofy file 15 would be named Somebody come quick!
    4. Misty
      Misty
      I'll leave that to iwantedtoexplode's discretion, I don't know if these are organized in a certain way.
    5. Amaury
      Amaury
      All right.

Also, thought I'd let you know that Aladdin's battle cries are missing.
    6. 61
      This is interesting.
      Can't say I've always wanted to sit down and listen to battle cries of the characters, but knowing that they're there I may just do that one of these days.
    7. Misty
      Misty
      Yeah I can't imagine what someone might use them for, but people are pretty creative. I'm sure there's someone out there who needed to hear Donald squealing. And we're happy to offer them, lol.

Thinking about it, they could make pretty nifty text tones...
      although I did get numerous complaints when mine was Vanitas's laugh
    8. Explode
      Explode
      There are actually some unused audio clips from the Xemnas battles that never made it into the game (at least I haven't heard them). Possibly others too. I did it mainly so people can use them for things like trailers, AMV's, animations, etc. without having background music or sound effects drowning it out. Plus I think it's interesting to hear just voices : you hear things that you couldn't before.

The reason they're unnamed is because I did them alongside cutscene dialog, and it would have taken a long time to go through the 4,000+ files and rename them.

Sorry about Aladdin's missing dialog, but I couldn't find it in the disk's ISO. There are also several scenes from the game that are missing. They must be in weird directories or weird file formats. I searched for them but no luck.
    9. Amaury
      Amaury
      Yeah. It definitely doesn't sound like Goofy says, "Sorry, fellas." when being knocked out like GameFAQs said. Sounds more like, "Oh, man, fellers." maybe?
    10. Miles
      Miles
      I was able to switch out kh1s sephiroth quotes with his Unused one. You could probably do the same with kh2
    11. Explode
      Explode
      I'm still not 100% sure what he's saying there, haha. Sounds like "Oh, had it fellers" or "Oh added fillers". *shrug*

Some of Xigbar's lines I couldn't understand in battle, like "New backdrop" (when changing the arena) and "Look what I saved for ya" (starting his most powerful combo).

If you want to rename them, you're free to do that.
    12. kingdomheartsgeek
      kingdomheartsgeek
      i've noticed that the midi files doesnt sound right
    13. Miles
      Miles
      They are 100% right. I ripped it from the game. That's what the game reads.
    14. Explode
      Explode
      What exactly are the MIDI files? Where and why do they appear on the disk, since it doesn't seem to be in the game itself?
    15. Miles
      Miles
      Its the .BMG converted. games either have streamed (MP3 like) or Sequenced (midi like) music. Sequence is like a score and the instruments are like the orchestra itself. Each individual instrument. Bits of instruments sounds (violin, drum, etc ) are stored in the .WD which is paired with its corresponding sequence. With out the instruments you would hear nothing.
    16. kingdomheartsgeek
      kingdomheartsgeek
      the notes are misplaced in some of the midi files. like traverse town
    17. Hidden Smithery
      Hidden Smithery
      It would also seem that Vexen, Lexeaus, and Marluxia's cries are missing as well. And Xion's from Days if you want to be technical about it; but those are fairly low quality anyway.

I have them all (excluding Xion) backed up on my main computer if you'd like me to share them; it'd save some time digging through files.
    18. Miles
      Miles
      Travrse town sounds very scrambled but its really not. Its that sax part. Listen to that in the instruments. It sax melody melody split into part. The sequence is playing sax split parts. Do you understand?
    19. Krowley
      Krowley
      Big kudos to Miles and iwantedtoexplode for compiling such lovely audio.
      there was a little audio project I wanted to try, but didn't go through with because the BGM made it difficult. Might brig it up again (Although I planned to use Audio from other games, this is an excellent addition to the site)