Ask me about my AU, Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Fearless, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

One is Zelda, the other is Doctor Who. Says so right in the op.

Unless you were looking for something more specific?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Are they Doctor Who and Zelda AUs of something? Or are these just fanfics with original stories?

3. Fearless A good and beautiful child

They are AUs of those things.
    The Doctor Who one is more like a fanfic, as it's, at it's core, a Twelfth Doctor story with some really twisty twists. Also, not from the point of view of the Doctor.
    The Zelda one is more like, a new entry into the series. I've been thinking about it in my head as though it were a new Zelda game.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HERE I COME
    • Are cuccos involved in any substantial way
    • If not, will they be now that I've reminded you they exist
    • If not, why not
    • Is the Master Sword involved? If so, will it still be sealing off Gdorf's full power or will there be any interesting twists surrounding it?
    • What's the new Hyrule like? Happy and lively? Desolate and run-down?
    • What sort of background do Link and Zelda come from this time? Do they start off knowing or quickly learn of their destiny, or do they spend a lot of time living ordinary lives?
    • Impa? Sheik? No? :L
    • Who's Link's companion? (Pls don't say Zelda)

5. Fearless A good and beautiful child

• You've said it, now I have to put cuccos somewhere. Dunno where, but I can't not have cuccos now.
    • Master Sword isn't gonna come in 'till about halfway through. Link's gonna start out with a normal sword. I was gonna say said sword was a rusty piece of sh*t before remembering that it's actually a pretty nice sword, if a bit on the light side.
    • Master Sword and Ganondorf aren't really connected at all until the endgame, when Master Sword is obviously the main weapon for the final boss. Not connected in any way until then, sorry.
    • Hyrule is basically a war zone in this time period. Obviously there's patches that are untouched by war, and other places that are desolate, but there's very much an air of dread over the land. (When I originally thought of it, I was thinking of making it steampunk, but looking back I'd probably make it a bit more Traditional Hyrule, with a hint of clockpunk).
    • AND NOW COMES MY FAVORITE PART.
    CHARACTER BACKGROUNDS.
    AW YIS.

Let's start off with LINK.

Kay so basically this AU started off with me wondering about how Link is usually portrayed (particularly in fanfics) as being a mute. And then I wondered, what if Link was completely deaf? Can't hear a lick, uses exclusively sign language? I think that'd be kind of interesting, don't you?

And then I couldn't tell you the train of thought that led to the rest of this nonsense because it spiraled out of control extremely quickly.

Kay so Link is deaf from birth. I haven't decided what's up with his parents, whether they were killed or disappeared or just straight up abandoned the poor thing, but the end result is that Link ends up in the desert, maybe a month old. I don't know if you've ever heard a deaf baby crying, but it sounds... stilted. But loud, very loud, because they can't hear themselves. (It's heartbreaking).

The Gerudo, who I've decided need more screentime because they've only been in OOT, find this baby and they're like 'holy sh*t a baby let's keep it' because BABIES. And hey, we have this other male baby, they can be brothers (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

If you have guessed that the other baby is Ganondorf, you win.

So Link is raised as a Gerudo boy, with Ganondorf as his elder brother. Ganondork, being of actual Gerudo descent, is awarded all the prize and priveledge that comes with that, but Link is perfectly happy and well cared for.

Fast forward, Ganondorf has taken over a good chuck of Hyrule, through force, but he shields Link from it. Keeps him safe and away from the fighting in his bigass castle, gives him whatever he likes. Link is perfectly capable of taking care of himself, of course, and Ganondorf knows this, but he doesn't dare let anything happen to him.

Link knows what his brother is doing, though, and he knows what's happening is wrong, but how can he possibly betray his family, when Ganondorf has done so much for him?

So instead, he spends his days practicing his sword fighting and wondering what he can do to stop this.

And now, ZELDA.

She was raised as an ordinary village girl, maybe slightly on the poor side, but perfectly happy with her mother.

Fast forward, she's a forward scout for the Hyrule army, trying to fight back against Ganondorf. She's quick and good at sneaking, basically Sheik except without the gender bending, but something happens, and she gets caught and thrown in the dungeon.

She thinks she's due to rot here, until one day Ganondorf's brother sneaks down to the dungeon...

Link turns out to be a perfectly sweet boy, who wants to help her escape. At first, they communicate through writing in the dirt on the floor of the cell, but Link slowly starts to teach Zelda sign language.

Finally, something spurs Link to finally break Zelda out of the dungeon and help her out of the castle. He's pretty good with a sword, but very inexperienced, and, being unable to hear what's going on around him, it's easy to catch him off guard, but he can lift the heavy things, and he's taller and can jump higher than Zelda. Zelda's quick and can fit in small spaces, but not quite as physically strong as Link.

He was always intending to go back to his brother, but something spurred him to keep going, to stay with this girl and help take down his brother. It felt like the right thing to do.

As for Impa, idfk. Maybe she's Zelda's teacher or something idk.

• Finally, Link and Zelda are each other's companions. If this were a real game, you'd be able to switch playing between the two at will. The one you're not playing as would be like a party member, and follow you around, and you'd be able to give them simple orders.
    THAT WAS REALLY LONG I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

6. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

A-are those ... live rounds?