are you as cool as my fish?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Sumi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Sumi suicidé

[​IMG]
    no, my fish is way cooler than you.

(how is everything around here? / general check-up thread / it's been months lmao hey)​

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

As a owner of a betta fish myself, I want to say that the bowl you have him in is too small. I have mine in a 2.5 gallon tank and that is the minimum. They also require a heated environment as they are a tropical fish. And they require dark places to hide. And they need a filtered environment.

I don't want to be mean. I just want to educate. I know the pet stores say that bettas are a beginner fish but they really are not. My previous betta, I spent probably somewhere around $200 - $300 on with his tank and everything for it.

It's cool if you're keeping him it for a night as a display piece but they really need more space to swim around in.

Bettas require a lot of care. It's really fulfilling to watch them swimming about and when they make their little bubble nests[ it's when they'd be laying eggs but solo males do it for no reason ] then you know that they're happy. And my current fish, Macavity, makes nests all over the place. Happy little fishy. And when they swim up for food and wiggle their little fins.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

My brother or I (still not sure) killed our betta fish with over feeding.

4. Sumi suicidé

i keep him in a 5 gallon tank actually! no worries!! i took him out to change his water since it had been 2 months! his new heater just came in the mail today too aahhhh. he's a v happy lil fish and likes to poke at your finger if you put it above the water and also blows lots of bubble nests and omg he's soooo cute.

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

D: Their stomachs are about the size of their eyeball.

omg this makes me so happy. I just get so worried when I see Betta kept in too small containers.

And since I'm a proud fish parent.

I HAVE PICTURES. Well just one since I decorated Macavity's tank for Halloween. 8D

[​IMG]

6. Sumi suicidé

SO PRETTY!!!!! i love his color!!! and omg those decorations. soooo cute omg. i would show off lil shinji's new tank but i haven't gotten his new plants in the mail yet so it's really sad looking. ;_;

i get really sad about bettas being treated as "beginner" fish too! a lot of people just don't read up on how to take care of them at all and then they end up with sad fish that die quickly and it's just so sad. goldfish, too. goldfish are intense. idk why people don't bother reading on how to take care of them!!! it's so sad seeing stunted goldfish. my friend has one though that's a foot long and it's kind of scary pff.

and here's lil shinji in his 2 gal tank before i moved!!

[​IMG]

7. 61 No. B

i had a fish once

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

I had six goldfish that lived for a long time, but they died, and I think it was because my mom forgot to put in those disinfectant drops the last time we cleaned their tank before they died. :(

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

no fair i want to be in the super rad betta fish club too ;___;

10. Sumi suicidé

bettas are cool get a betta they make your life a hundred times better i promise

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Fish are certainly fascinating. I always wanted a beta but it wasn't worth the cost to maintain them.

This thread makes me miss my snake.

12. Sumi suicidé

kaze i swear. when ur lil fishy comes to nibble and play with your fingers. it is worth it. //nodnod
    snakes are so cool hot damn

13. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I once jumped into a river to catch a snake. It ended up being pregnant.

My dad let all of the babies go while I was away from home. I was so upset.

Maybe I'll get some fish when I have a stable income.

14. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Yes, I am.

15. Krowley Moderator

That fish...

[​IMG]

16. Spike H E R O

It's cool to see some people actually care about their fish. Fish owners I know always seemed to treat them like furniture, in my opinion.

17. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

My goldfish has been alive for 12 years is that cool enough?

18. KaiserDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

This thread makes me miss my bosc monitor, he was the best pet a person could wish for but he got to big and I had to give him away ; ; poor splat, oh how do I miss thee.

Those that don't know Bosc Monitors grow up to 5 feet long (though when i gave splat away he was about 45" long), I just couldn't fit a bigger tank in my house I had him for a number of years. He was such an awesome pet and everyone loved him, he used to get the cutest expresion on his face when you scratched between his eye ridges, he would stick his tongue out and smile.

19. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

THE FEELS

20. Sumi suicidé

so this is awkward but my fish died this morning.