Archive of Our Own Invitations

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Misty, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

For those who don't know...
    I use the site for fanfiction, primarily -- obviously the classic was always fanfiction.net, and it still probably has more content on it, but a lot of people have moved over to AO3 for its superior mission & user interface.

AO3 is considered in beta but I've been using it since it first opened, basically, and it's great. However, registration is a bit tricky -- either you ca register and wait in the invitation queue (which when I joined was several months, I have no idea what it's like now -- I imagine it's way better but it's still a wait), or get an invite from an existing member.

I have six invites sitting on my account and I can get more, so if anyone is interested please let me know and I'll send it your way! The queue could very well be quick nowadays but you can get in instantly with an invite and I have no one to give them to really. Even if you don't plan to use the account, just taking a look on the site would be cool.

(I HOPE THIS IS OKAY TO POST HERE BASED GOD @Plums )

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I have an account as well, I should see about handing out some invites. Is it request-based or does every account have a few to give out?

3. Misty gimme kiss

I remember having an invitation or two when I first got an account, but I joined up very shortly after they opened their doors so invites were in high demand. Right now you can request them and they deliver them pretty quickly.