AR DS help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by shmilo, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmilo Traverse Town Homebody

I got a Action Replay ds/dslite in America when i was there and when we got back it wouldnt work on my dsi i found the problem to that out soon so i let my m8 use it on his normal DS when he comes round but when we put the game in the action replay slot it says unknown game no matter what game i use it constantly says unknown game the DS he has is from england and the AR is from america i dont know if that is it if not please help :(

2. DeathKingApocalypse080808 Destiny Islands Resident

well you should never get to the choose game/menu screen so there is probally someting wrong with the action replay, or american ones dont work with the england operating system

3. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I'm guessing DS carts work in a similar manner to DVDs, in that the carts from one region may or may not work in a system from another region.

Since it sounds like you're trying to put an American AR into a European system, that's probably why it's not working. The coding and general setup between the two is different. That's why DVDs from America won't run in European players. Unless you can mod the DS so that it can support those carts (something I don't suggest doing at all unless you want to void the warranty), that AR's not going to work.

4. Nuff' Said Banned

Don't listen to these guys I know exactly what the problem is. Look in youre instruction booklet under the FIX or something like that. Your action replay has bugged itself like ALL AR are made to do. When you turn on the Ds click and hold either B+A or SELECT+Start and when it reaches to the text saying this is not sponsored by Nintendo click and hold A+B or SELECT+START and it will start a RESET which will erase all memory from the DS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.