[APRIL FOOLS] Kingdom Hearts 3: "Project <3"

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Square recently held a private conference at GDC with some news we think you guys are really going to flip over! We haven’t got all the details yet but this seems to finally be it—Kingdom Hearts 3!

kh3_phonepic.jpg kh3p3log.jpg

• Release sometime after KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX
    • Production has been going on in secret for a while now
    • Codename “Project <3”
    • Rumored locations:
      • Agrabah, a Kingdom Hearts classic at this point
      • Andy’s Room, from Disney & Pixar’s Toy Story. Buzz and Woody models were found in Kingdom Hearts II (though they were unused), so it’s unsurprising the next numbered Kingdom Hearts title will feature them!
      • More Pixar worlds are hinted to appear
    • The title will feature Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy as main party members (no word on whether the previous three character limit will be adjusted). Kairi is rumored to be a playable character but little is known about the role she’ll play.
    • New Final Fantasy characters from XII and XIII will make cameos
    As some of you guys are probably aware Square is going through some tough financial times—the announcement and development of Project <3 does seem very sudden, so I was skeptical at first, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were going to try to put out some titles they know will sell well in order to make up for losses.

The big question is, though: PS3? PS4? Multi-platform?

Whatever it is, this is the biggest news we've had in years!

Source: Eyes on FF, KHWorld

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Mar 31, 2013.

1. kevz2kool
      kevz2kool
      So true.
    2. Amaury
      Amaury
      You should rejoin staff.
    3. Misty
      Misty
      Fixed, sorry, the change got reversed in the upgrade. In the future, please post in the Feedback & Assistance forum.
    4. Trizzle13
      Trizzle13
      I swear anyone who fell for this is simply pathetic! Did you really think it was just a coincidence that SE posted this on THE FIRST OF APRIL? Jesus christ.. nd quit crying and being heart broken over something as small as an update for a future kh title that we all know is going to come eventually because it just shows that you have nothing better to look forward to in life.

Believe me, the only time I'll shed a tear of joy is when I hear an official release date confirmation from Tetsuya Nomura himself.
    5. RifleRiku
      RifleRiku
      Actually it was posted late March 31st.....
    6. DH531
      DH531
      It still would have been April 1st in Japan.
    7. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      Again I point out that I barely knew april fools day existed. This is also the first time I've been online during that day. I believe I pointed out already that I know i'm pathetic.

just sayin'

Plus; I wasn't really crying over it, I knew it might be fake. But I HOPED it wasn't it.
    8. Trizzle13
      Trizzle13
      I wasn't particularly speaking to you but ok
    9. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      Sorry, some of the words just seemed to echo one of my previous comments. It said some things like how it was upsetting for me, and I am pathetic I know and blah blah blah. Not that I was whining about my life, it was just some stuff I said. Hoping for an actual update this year though.
    10. Trizzle13
      Trizzle13
      Like you're demonstrating right now. Calm the hell down.
    11. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      .... I wasn't upset? just didn't want you getting the wrong idea of what i said... Fat loada good that did. (again not upset.)
      I just talk a little too much I think....
    12. Misty
      Misty
      Hey guys let's dial it back a little, no reason to get our panties in a bunch.

At each other, at least. I understand if you're still mad at me. 8)
    13. Hiro ✩
      Hiro ✩
      I dunno, this kinda added to the Podcast Rage at you.
    14. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      Ok, but I'm still not sure I understood what happened those last few posts.... I do talk too much though.
    15. Shiki
      Shiki
      People getting mad at each other?
      On MY KHV?
      Blasphemy.
    16. TitanTX
      TitanTX
      So this was an april fools joke, man this really bites. I still got my hopes up though.
    17. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      Knowing my luck, It'll probably come out on PS4
    18. libregkd
      libregkd
    19. Krowley
      Krowley
      Oh wow, busiest news thread in a while and it isn't legitimate, haha. On topic, I expect this to be played out like the toy story franchise.

Release the first.
      Release the second 4 years later.
      Release the third almost 10.5 years after the second.

With that knowledge;

Kingdom Hearts - 2002
      Kingdom Hearts 2 - 2006
      Kingdom Hearts 3 - Q4 2016
    20. Hiro ✩
      Hiro ✩
      ...This just confirms Toy Story in KH3