Square recently held a private conference at GDC with some news we think you guys are really going to flip over! We haven’t got all the details yet but this seems to finally be it—Kingdom Hearts 3!
As some of you guys are probably aware Square is going through some tough financial times—the announcement and development of Project <3 does seem very sudden, so I was skeptical at first, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were going to try to put out some titles they know will sell well in order to make up for losses.
- Release sometime after KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX
- Production has been going on in secret for a while now
- Codename “Project <3”
- Rumored locations:
- Agrabah, a Kingdom Hearts classic at this point
- Andy’s Room, from Disney & Pixar’s Toy Story. Buzz and Woody models were found in Kingdom Hearts II (though they were unused), so it’s unsurprising the next numbered Kingdom Hearts title will feature them!
- More Pixar worlds are hinted to appear
- The title will feature Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy as main party members (no word on whether the previous three character limit will be adjusted). Kairi is rumored to be a playable character but little is known about the role she’ll play.
- New Final Fantasy characters from XII and XIII will make cameos
The big question is, though: PS3? PS4? Multi-platform?
Whatever it is, this is the biggest news we've had in years!
Source: Eyes on FF, KHWorld