Anybody Into Magical Girls?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by FireRubies1, Jul 23, 2013.

1. FireRubies1 Merlin's Housekeeper

So magical girls are my favorite sub genre of anime (and well there's non anime MG shows)...
    Does anybody else like them? Examples are Sailor Moon, Mermaid Melody, Tokyo Mew Mew.
    I know one that's really talked about is Puella Magi Madoka Magica and well... it's nice, but not like a true MG show.
    Unfortunately there are few magical girl shows that are NOT Precure now, and the few there are seem to be aimed at older men.
    And also unfortunately there are very few that are available for legal streaming D:

2. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

W.I.T.C.H was like my favorite show when it was on TV in the US. That was like 6 years ago but still.

3. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I loved Sailormoon (guilty pleasure) when I was younger, and Card Captor Sakura. But that is that, for me a true great Magical Girl anime has to be like Puella Magi Madoka, it just set the bar higher for everyone else.

4. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

Madoka was really good, and so was Sailor Moon. Really disappointed that the reboot got post-poned, I was looking really forward to it.
    Rayearth is another really good one, though not all people would consider it a Magical Girl anime.
    Mermaid Melody was just... eh. Dropped it after a while, too many annoying characters.