Film Ant-Man

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Meilin Lee, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[​IMG]
    Now I know everyone and their mother is hyped for Avengers 2, but I do think this other superhero movie deserves some attention as well (especially since Ant-Man was one of the first Avengers when it fist became a thing decades ago). For any ants out there, here's a first look (humans will have to wait for the Agent Carter premiere on Tuesday to watch a full-sized version):

Ant-Man will be released on July 17th, and is supposed to be the final movie of the MCU's Phase 2 lineup.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I have no knowledge whatsoever of Ant-man, except for the one Fantastic Four episode that he appeared on TV years upon years ago, and I know he can shrink...obviously.

Hopefully this is interesting, but so far Marvel's films have done a good job

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I've heard news about this movie for a long time, and the hell that it went through. It all has sort of been tumbling on myself, losing its original writer/director, as well as most likely not focusing on the Ant-Man that people want to see (which includes a back story of dealing with domestic violence). Still, it's Marvel, and there seems to be a lot of promise behind it. However, Guardians of the Galaxy to me proved that Marvel can make big flubs, which brings me back to my earlier point.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

As someone whose Marvel experience to date has consisted of movies and a few cartoon episodes, I'm more or less going into this movie blind (except for the little bit of research I did because it was announced). But I'm hopeful that it's good; I've enjoyed all the other MCU movies. Well, excepting The Incredible Hulk and Guardians of the Galaxy, as I have yet to see those. But still.

Can't wait to see the full trailer during Agent Carter on Tuesday! I'm wondering how this is gonna hold up as the final movie of Phase 2.

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

After watching the teaser after Agent Carter it's still kind of hard to tell exactly how accurate the movie is going to be but so far it seems pretty good.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ta-daaaaa~

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

That was an interesting trailer. I was intrigued that Hank Pym mentioned "second chances" (which is a recurring theme in the second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.). Really curious to see more of Michael Douglas.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I was skeptical of this film to start with but after seeing the trailer I hot excited : D I love Judd but I am just upset that Age of Ultron came out before this. I would have rathered them stick to the original story of Pym having made Ultron but oh well, I will still watch both. I am also curious as to whether his other superheros will be used at some point or whether it'll just stick to Antman.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I mean, there's always a chance they're planning either an immediate retcon by having Ultron introduced in AoU and then mentioning Pym's hand in its creation in his own movie (or a later movie) or mentioning that "Someone named Pym" worked on Ultron before it went dormant.
    Considering that in comics, Pym was revealed to be Ultron's creator but was brainwashed to forget about it after Ultron's and Vision's introductions, the chances aren't that low.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I did it find it weird that Phase 2 is ending with Ant-Man as opposed to Age of Ultron... maybe the Ant-Man movie is more important than one might think.

I have a hunch that it's gonna be this. Considering Howard Stark is gonna be in this movie, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Ultron was something Hank and Howard worked on that would ultimately be completed by Tony in Age of Ultron.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

New still of the movie's villain, Yellowjacket:

[​IMG]

New trailer hitting tomorrow! Here's a preview:

[DOUBLEPOST=1428937156][/DOUBLEPOST]Trailer's here!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

New TV spot on the movie's Facebook page showed that Anthony Mackie will be in the movie in full Avenger gear!

13. Ghost King's Apprentice

I still think it would be cool if they went with Hank Pym's route for Ant-Man, but I guess it kinda wouldn't be possible considering that they already showed that Tony Stark built Ultron which is a big part of Pym's story.

Anyway, I'm hoping this movie will be as good as it looks so those people that say it looks stupid because "who wants to see a movie about a guy that can communicate with ants" will so how cool Ant-Man really is.

So, does anyone else think that the way MCU is set up right now that Ant-Man will be in Civil War?

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If I remember correctly, Paul Rudd is already confirmed for Civil War!

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

^u^ This movie was amazing! It was kind of slow at the beginning but it got better and ended really well. You guys have to watch it. Especially the ending credits scene, so much hype for civil war >_<

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I spoiled myself on tumblr so I know we see Bucky again, but what were Sam and Steve saying? The clip I found didn't go all the way.

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

I don't remember exactly what they said but it was something along the lines of they couldn't ask the other Avengers what to to now that they found Bucky (probs because of the civil war stuff and tension with Tony) and Falcon said he knew a guy. Which was Ant - Man.

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I am so glad that we didn't get the Ultimate version of Pym in this movie. There's a rather infamous panel wherein he slaps his wife. Not to mention he's using her blood in experiments. He's gotten better.

That being said I have heard positive things about this movie. About how it pokes fun at the other movies in the MCU. Most notably the Iron Man and The Avengers. The commercials make it look like a fun movie.

Also it's kind of funny that the bad guy in this movie is Yellowjacket. Because that was one of Hank Pym's various identities.

19. Ghost King's Apprentice

Yeah, when Yellow Jacket cam on I told my sister that they were the same person. And she also didn't believe me when I told her that Hank Pym created Ultron >u<

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Just came back from it. Probably tied with 'Guardians of the Galaxy' as the MCU movie that made me laugh the most (huge props to Michael Peña). Also, post-credits scenes...

-WASP!!!
    -CIVIL WAR!!!