Ansem and Xemnas Impressions...are they any good?

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Crypt, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

Judging by the dislikes on the video, maybe I butchered them? I don't know, I felt pretty good about Xemnas. Ansem could definitely use some work.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I don't know much about impressions , but I think both your Ansem and Xemnas impressions were really good

3. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

Well thank you. :3

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

You've got Ansem's deep register down pat, but the accent is a bit off, most notably lacking Christopher Lee's flourishes and trills. Likewise, your Xemnas is perfectly deep, and there are moments where you genuinely sound like your voice has been pulled straight from the game, but your natural accent bleeds through more often.

So I guess my biggest advice for you is to work on accents, both learning others and controlling your own. Great job, though! You're off to an excellent start! :3

5. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

I could definitely hear my accent seeping through. Thank you so much for the input. You're spot on, I think. :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  6. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

A fellow impressionist, eh?

I will be sincere, since I know how aggravating it can be to hear a voice in your head, miss it, and be told, "Wow! It's so perfect! Sounds exactly like them!" The miss is the case of Ansem the Wise, unfortunately. As Tale pointed out, you lacked the flourish and character of Christopher Lee's voice. In fact, it also lacked the timbre. His voice was not merely low, it was hollow and powerful.

Xemnas, on the other hand, was superb. Without parallel. It REALLY sounded like him. It had the tone and, most importantly, the character in tact.

Continue to work at it. You have a marvelous voice, and you do seem to know what you have in mind. I look forward to hearing more.

7. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

He truly does have a remarkable timbre and unfortunately yeah, I was pretty off. I honestly don't know how much I want to work on Ansem's voice specifically because this was more or less just an experiment, but you two have definitely given me really helpful advice for future impressions I may pursue. :)