Another DBZ Movie - written by Akira Toriyama

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Jin, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Jin うごかないで

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I still have to watch Battle of Gods. I don't even know where they'd go with this new film.

3. Jin うごかないで

That's what it says in the article so yeah I'm not too sure myself where he'll go with it I'm thinking maybe it'll connect to battle of the gods as a sequel to it or something but I'm not too sure.

4. Patman Bof

Lol, that guy ?

[​IMG]

The fact that Toriyama launched the project himself is a good sign, looking forward to it.

5. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Battle of the Gods was at least entertaining, so I'm giving high expectations for the next movie. But that bit about the editor rarely giving praise for his work is quite interesting, haha.

6. Patman Bof

The French edition of Dr Slump had a few ramblings from Toriyama in-between chapters, much like Oda does in One Piece. In one of those ramblings he explained that Kazuhiko Torishima, his editor back then, asked him to come up with a recurring villain for the series but rejected every character he submitted on the grounds that they weren' t antipathetic enough. "Oh you want antipathetic ? I' ll give you antipathetic !". He caricatured Torishima into Dr Mashirito (the pic I posted above), and sent his work right before it' d have to go to print (meaning too late for his editor to reject anything). xD