Anonymous Prepares for Second Strike Against the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Advent, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

xDDDDD I heard somewhere in some country that there's a 1.xx% population that actually believes in the force.

Not relevant but whatever.

2. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Just keeping you up-to-date with your Sci-Fi cult news, Scientology claims that Jesus Christ was a homosexual pedophile, with a temper to rival that of the Incredible Hulk.

A new video to Scientology from Anonymous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yozvaMGkDjo

It really shows the group's real goal here- not to change beliefs, but to take down the higher-ups of Scientology who take such advantage of its believers. Hmmmm, this reminds me of Death Note (Anonymous being the mysterious Kira with some idealist goal).

3. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I'm on the fence with this one. I hate Scientology because it makes no sense and it (supposedly) brainwashes its members. On the other hand they are a bonefied religion and therefor should be treated with the same respect as any other.

4. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

No they shouldn't. They take advantage of people who are in a bad time in their life with serious problems. They scam them out of their money with bull **** treatments, and threaten to ruin their lives if they say a word of it or talk trash about them. Scientology is a cult.

Anonymous added scans of Scientology's Training Manual. I've provided a link in the original post of this thread.

5. Gwen Farewell.

Lol, Anon is at it again.

Personally I don't care what happens, as long as it provides some good entertainment.

6. Repliku Chaser

I laughed at the video and yeah, I do not like Scientology for what it does to people's minds and all. Seeing how Tom Cruise even has turned so weird and John Travolta is also with it...it gets some good names but they do such nutty things now and then.

However, I see the same sorts of nut jobs that believe in God and I find that to be just as fake and ludicrous. Many religions are corrupt with people stealing money from others to get things for themselves and I feel the world would be a better place without imaginary deities or aliens or whatever. The Bible is just as hokey to me in every way and can be disproved just as much as Scientology can. However, at the same time, even though I feel that religion is a hindrance to mankind's development, I also believe in the right to believe in what you want to so long as it is not harming others. If people want to be foolish and give away money, change their whole mindsets and what not, well, it's their personal choice. So even as I laughed and a part of me was totally saying 'hooray, someone get rid of it', the other side had to say that it isn't right to do. I'm pretty well torn thus on what I feel at the moment. It was an interesting video and the links to download the Scientology stuff do work still. Good post.

7. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Thanks man, I'll update the post should something come up.

UPDATE: Anonymous has released two new videos. Links are available in the first post.

8. Darkandroid Gets it Together

This is starting to get out of hand, for once people are actually fighting back and hard at Anon.

And sorry but I will have to remove the SECRETDOX link, since that is technically leaked and some what illegal, since it was hacked and leaked information.

We can talk about it, but I don't want the site associated with leaking info like that.

9. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Ok, fair enough.

Yea, people are really starting to rally with and against Anon, and this is one of the few times (if not the only time) they've actually done something in the real world.

10. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I don't know why some are against anon. In the end, we can really say for sure that Scientology is a huge fraud. lol It has nothing to do with helping others and kindness and everything to do with money stealing.

amirite or amirite

11. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Yes I agree with Anon, but i'm not liking their methods they are doing. It's illegal and will just end badly both them. Considering that Scientology have a big legal advantage.

12. Repliku Chaser

As annoying as Scientology is, who's to say all religions don't carry with them fraud? Anon attacking Scientology is one thing but whose to say it stops there? In the end, if people don't want Scientology around, don't join or support it and it will go the way of the dinosaur. These sorts of attacks on religions usually make 'martyrs' out of people and projects and make the religions stronger.

13. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Anonymous has released a 22 Rules Video which is basically a code of conduct for the protest. They plan to keep it peaceful, and keep everyone's identities hidden.

14. *Sora* Gummi Ship Junkie

I'd just like to state that I was at my local CoS protest, and it was completely epic. Few hundred people there. :)

15. Inasuma "pumpkin"

What was going on out there anyway? o.o

16. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I really wanted to go protest, but I live on Long Island NY, and the closest Church of Scientology near me is in the City (an hour or so drive, and I can't drive).

It was a peaceful protest with banners and all. But the turn out of protesters was pretty large. An overall success I'd say.

There's an article on the aftermath of the protest in the original post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.