Site News Announcing KH-Vids 7.0!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]

As you might have noticed, the site is looking pretty different! It is my proud duty to unveil KH-Vids's newest redesign, KH-Vids 7.0! Before I start to highlight the new eye candy you've got ahead of you, let me explain a little: it is the tradition of KH-Vids to release our new styles on KH-Vids's anniversary in December. However, in August of 2012 we underwent the taxing but worthwhile move to Xenforo, a new forum software, thus introducing KH-Vids 6.0. In order to get the site up and running as quickly as possible, I downloaded a pre-made style, modified it for KH-Vids, and dubbed it KH-Vids 6.0. It worked well and looked nice!

But I am of the school of thought that KH-Vids should have something entirely custom, built specifically for us, by us. Once everything had settled down after the Xenforo move, I began work on KH-Vids 7.0. I tried my best to have it done by the end of December but was unable to--however, I've busted my butt the past few weeks and the skin is now available, albeit a few weeks late!

I do sincerely hope you guys like KHV's new look. The KH-Vids 6.0 styles will be disabled as I will no longer be supporting them, and 7.0 is really quite similar in color scheme and layout. I know a lot of users want a light style for KH-Vids and I do hope to provide it one day! Instead of explaining the snappy new appearance of KH-Vids, I'll leave you all to see it for yourselves.

KH-Vids 7.0 has been tested rather extensively by myself and the staff team. I have tried all the major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer), and while it functions fine on any of those, if you are using anything below Internet Explorer 8, I highly recommend that you upgrade to a newer version, or to a more modern browser. You'll be able to experience the full pizzazz behind KH-Vids 7.0!

Should you find any display issues, browser-specific or not, please reply to this thread with the following:
    • Screenshot of the problem
    • Link to a page where you see the problem
    • What operating system you use
    • What browser you use (include the version!)
    ... and I will address it as soon as possible.

Known Bugs/Issues

• Bug #001: Particularly on mobile devices, links and the search bar are conflicting. (Screen) Unconfirmed
    • Bug #002: Links on the likes bar are hard to see. Fixed!
    • Bug #003: Some gray text is difficult to read. (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #004: Tab link hover needs to be lighter (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #005: Quote link arrow needs to be lighter (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #006: Start New Conversation button cuts off (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #007: Some buttons have jaggies (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #008: Spoiler text is italicized Fixed!
    • Bug #009: Post and signature separator needs to be clearer Fixed!
    • Bug #010: Dropdown arrow could use brightening (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #011: Some buttons have black links (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #012: Spoiler bar is threatening
    • Bug #013: I completely forgot to style attachments (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #014: Poll results are hard to see (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #015: More posts to display bar needs styling (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #016: Deletion notices need styling Fixed!
    • Bug #017: Post new thread button cuts off (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #018: Attachment upload bar needs styling (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #019: Tab link hover on profiles (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #020: Sign Up Now! button needs to be styled (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #021: Default avatar has cropping issues (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #022: Overlap in profile signature displays, only when tabs are used (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #023: Login bar needs to be styled Fixed!
    • Bug #024: Default avatar is hard to see on discussion listing Fixed!
    • Bug #025: Prefix selection bar is uggo Fixed!
    Once again, I do really hope you guys like the redesign. Happy posting!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Amaury
      Amaury
      There are still some unresolved bugs (at least what I think are bugs) in here, and I'm just curious if you're waiting for XenForo 1.2 or something, Cass?

Again, just curious. Not being impatient or anything.
    2. Misty
      Misty
      I am, yes. I'm working on the 1.2 update so these bugs won't be addressed on here.
    3. Amaury
      Amaury
      They'll be addressed on 1.2. Got it.

Thanks for the reply!
    4. Amaury
      Amaury
      Hi, Cassie.

I know you're waiting until you upgrade to fix the unfixed things, but I figured I'd just get it in here now.

The poll results overlay in polls you haven't voted in when you click View Results is too transparent.

Poll Results.png