Site News Announcing KH-Vids 7.0!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]

As you might have noticed, the site is looking pretty different! It is my proud duty to unveil KH-Vids's newest redesign, KH-Vids 7.0! Before I start to highlight the new eye candy you've got ahead of you, let me explain a little: it is the tradition of KH-Vids to release our new styles on KH-Vids's anniversary in December. However, in August of 2012 we underwent the taxing but worthwhile move to Xenforo, a new forum software, thus introducing KH-Vids 6.0. In order to get the site up and running as quickly as possible, I downloaded a pre-made style, modified it for KH-Vids, and dubbed it KH-Vids 6.0. It worked well and looked nice!

But I am of the school of thought that KH-Vids should have something entirely custom, built specifically for us, by us. Once everything had settled down after the Xenforo move, I began work on KH-Vids 7.0. I tried my best to have it done by the end of December but was unable to--however, I've busted my butt the past few weeks and the skin is now available, albeit a few weeks late!

I do sincerely hope you guys like KHV's new look. The KH-Vids 6.0 styles will be disabled as I will no longer be supporting them, and 7.0 is really quite similar in color scheme and layout. I know a lot of users want a light style for KH-Vids and I do hope to provide it one day! Instead of explaining the snappy new appearance of KH-Vids, I'll leave you all to see it for yourselves.

KH-Vids 7.0 has been tested rather extensively by myself and the staff team. I have tried all the major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer), and while it functions fine on any of those, if you are using anything below Internet Explorer 8, I highly recommend that you upgrade to a newer version, or to a more modern browser. You'll be able to experience the full pizzazz behind KH-Vids 7.0!

Should you find any display issues, browser-specific or not, please reply to this thread with the following:
    • Screenshot of the problem
    • Link to a page where you see the problem
    • What operating system you use
    • What browser you use (include the version!)
    ... and I will address it as soon as possible.

Known Bugs/Issues

• Bug #001: Particularly on mobile devices, links and the search bar are conflicting. (Screen) Unconfirmed
    • Bug #002: Links on the likes bar are hard to see. Fixed!
    • Bug #003: Some gray text is difficult to read. (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #004: Tab link hover needs to be lighter (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #005: Quote link arrow needs to be lighter (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #006: Start New Conversation button cuts off (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #007: Some buttons have jaggies (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #008: Spoiler text is italicized Fixed!
    • Bug #009: Post and signature separator needs to be clearer Fixed!
    • Bug #010: Dropdown arrow could use brightening (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #011: Some buttons have black links (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #012: Spoiler bar is threatening
    • Bug #013: I completely forgot to style attachments (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #014: Poll results are hard to see (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #015: More posts to display bar needs styling (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #016: Deletion notices need styling Fixed!
    • Bug #017: Post new thread button cuts off (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #018: Attachment upload bar needs styling (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #019: Tab link hover on profiles (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #020: Sign Up Now! button needs to be styled (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #021: Default avatar has cropping issues (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #022: Overlap in profile signature displays, only when tabs are used (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #023: Login bar needs to be styled Fixed!
    • Bug #024: Default avatar is hard to see on discussion listing Fixed!
    • Bug #025: Prefix selection bar is uggo Fixed!
    Once again, I do really hope you guys like the redesign. Happy posting!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      I just waana say that I have been enjoying the new style so far, and thank you for taking the time to make it. :)
    2. Plums
      Plums
      Posting to say that that screenshot isn't available anymore, lol. I dunno if it was referring to this or not, but the search bar is still outside the toolbar header thing in both the fixed width and the regular style options. :v
    3. Amaury
      Amaury
      I mentioned that in my first bugs report post. c:
    4. Misty
      Misty
      That's how Xenforo was designed, lol. I can change it if it's causing some kind of crisis but that's just the way the software is designed.
    5. Amaury
      Amaury
      Hm. Out of curiosity, if that's how it's designed, why wasn't it like that on 6.0?
    6. Misty
      Misty
      6.0 was using a pre-made style someone created. They probably changed it themselves. 7.0 is built off of the base Xenforo code.
    7. Plums
      Plums
      OH I thought it wasn't supposed to be like that, haha.
    8. Amaury
      Amaury
      I see.

Well, it's not really a "crisis," but I think it would look better if it were placed in one of the areas highlighted below. It just looks really odd in its current position, haha!

Search Bar.png
    9. libregkd
    10. Amaury
      Amaury
      Just thought I'd quote myself in case you oversaw some of my recent reports, Cass. :)

11. Misty
      Misty
      No need to do this, it clutters up the thread.
    12. Amaury
      Amaury
      The buttons on the Materials popup smush against each other.

Materials.png
    13. Misty
      Misty
      Posting to say that Bugs #010, #015, #016, #017, #018, and #019 have all been fixed.

Looking for someone to confirm that #001 is still happening--I've been unable to replicate it.
    14. Amaury
      Amaury
      Great work.

Also, hover color on the Help page is hard to see.

Help Hover.png
    15. Misty
      Misty
      The help tab shouldn't be appearing at all for you.
    16. Amaury
      Amaury
      Huh. Odd.

I got there by going to Home -> Help.
    17. Misty
      Misty
      Yanked it, guess I missed that one. I'm making new help pages that aren't so borked.
    18. Amaury
      Amaury
      Users with no avatars and guests will appear with a choppy thing like this in certain areas like Likes You've Received and Current Visitors.

Choppy Things.png

It seems the Sign Up Now! button still has the default XenForo styling.

Sign Up Now!.png [DOUBLEPOST=1362502110][/DOUBLEPOST]Tabs in signatures overlap with the Signature text and need to be moved down.

Profile Signature Tabs.png
    19. Amaury
      Amaury
      When you fixed bug #10, it made the dropdown arrows hard to see when hovering over them.

Is there a way to set them apart? One icon when not being hovered over and one when being hovered over? If not, maybe use a different shade that would work for both?

Arrow Hover.png
    20. Misty
      Misty
      Bugs #020, #021, #022, and #023 have been fixed.