Anime has laws in America

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ♥AL90♥, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Hissora ahurhurhur.

Those laws are only for television. They have nothing to do with any thing on:
    • The Internet
    • Sold in stores
    • a channel you have to pay extra for on television(ex:demand channels and pay pre views)
    Stuff like that. TV always censors stuff, but it's the choice of 4kids on whether they want to block out something that's totally okay for tv on a childrens show.

2. Repliku Chaser

I don't really have a problem with many dubs. I do watch the subbed versions out by fans and some manga but really other than the censoring in dubs and the removal of some Japanese common things like 'chan, san' etc, I don't really mind 'most' dubbed versions. It's often watching the dubbed versions first that will get me to go into exploring the subbed versions and manga.

Sometimes the censoring gets to me, which is why I go find the subbed versions or just tend to watch Adult Swim or some other anime channel that 4kids has no real say on the content. It is normal though for programs to be censored or not permitted on TV for content so I don't really worry about it since I only watch tv now and then as it is and use my computer more. Some dubs are really done quite well so I'd rather see them done than not done as it can often be someone's doorway to finding a decent anime.

3. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

yes, some anime's can get overdubbed to a farther degree which changes the whole plot of the episodes.

4. tofuman Twilight Town Denizen

yes that true there are some anime that is over the top XD

5. Haseo Knight of Light

*cough4KidsOnePiececough* I'm just glad there are some companies, Viz, Funimation, ADV, etc., that dub anime without completely ruining it.

6. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

i think it helps the little kids (like me) but for teens they probably don't like it because it's so childish

7. Repliku Chaser

I think we all can agree that 4kids sucks and ruins nearly anything they touch. Not much we can do about it though unless some of these other companies start stepping up. At least though we do still have subbed versions we can check to see how bad 4kids rapes the show.

8. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

lol... boycott 4 kids... i watch from funimation and stuff...
    but you know whats funny?
    japanese "Air Gear" boobies are censored
    English they arent

oh and in Yu-gi-mon ... Yugi and blue eyes white charzard... i mean in yugioh tea and yugi had a date and 4 kids censored that...
    oh and wen people hand guns... it just showed the guy pointing...

9. ZamgItsFury Destiny Islands Resident

10. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

They don'y outlaw all that. You can still show violence and the drug stuff on some animes. Look at Naruto!

11. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

I myself would love to see a 4Kids Death Note dub, which probably wouldn't be called Death Note anymore... would like to see them censure that one.

12. Haseo Knight of Light

I told you we should of used the visible guns, but NO! You had to have the INvisble guns because they're magical! OOH!
    Yeah, way to kick a guy when he's down, Greg. Maybe if we had an invisble tank...
    Oh shut up! Just shut up!

13. Misty gimme kiss

Actually, I find the 4Kids dubs quite enjoyable. Watching subs for an extended amount of time irritates me, so I like to get a nice laugh from the voice acting and how much they cut and then just get the plot from the manga.

But onto what the topic is about, the main thing that surprised me about this was that they were cutting the homosexuality in shows. This is exactly why it has become such a taboo around here -- because these television companies won't allow it to air. It's a fact that we're influenced by what is in the media, so maybe if we made it acceptable to show these things on TV, then maybe there would be a lot less homophobia and we could just get over ourselves and accept gays.

I don't really see what the big deal overall is. If you really care that much, watch a sub or a fan dub, if it's available. I think libregkd touched upon this, and he's right; these television companies aren't doing this to annoy us. They're cutting out content that would be considered acceptable here because if they didn't, parents would complain. As for the things like switching the onigiri (sp?) to a donut in Pokemon, that's for a good reason too. Pokemon is targeted towards rather young children -- do you think things like onigiris are really child friendly? Can you see a child asking their mother for one because they saw it in Pokemon?

Although I have to admit, seeing Sanji with a lollipop does irk me a little bit. He owns anyway.

I feel like Repliku with this long post, lol.