Anime has laws in America

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ♥AL90♥, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

W00t! *High fives* And don't forget us girls~~<3 But really, if they don't like it, they should really just stop trying and stop airing Anime shows then.​

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i never noticed this, i never watch Japanese Subbed anime. i always watch the dubs if there is one avialable. i didn't notice anything (not even bad voice acting *gasp*). i dont' know what changes you guys mean but it doesn't seem significant, if the majority of people watch anime when it's on TV i don't think they would care either.

3. Haseo Knight of Light

Have you seen the 4Kids version of One Piece?

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

no, that show has never interested me.

5. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

It really depends on how well you know your Anime. Some people don't know much about Anime when they first start out, and think that the Dubbed versions are 'God'. Anyways, I find that if you read the Manga then watch the actual shows it's way off by a Million miles. But, then again, Movies and books always do that. It's just a matter of weather or not the change ruins the whole plot system. Like, in Naruto, for example, the Dubbed version pronounces the Akatsuki as 'Ahkahski'. What the hell man??? That's a huge pet peeve of mine; when they don't pronounce things right just because they are ignorant to what the real way is. I mean, they could study it and get the names and words right, but NOOOOO. Were just going to think no one who speaks English is going to know the difference.​

6. libregkd -

7. Haseo Knight of Light

The u in Akatsuki isn't pronounced, so you'd say Ah-Kaht-Skee.

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that's very true, people who dont' study the anime aren't going to notice a thing. i actually prefer english dub over japanese voice acting. i liked Full Metal Alchemist in English better than in Japanese :)

exactly, the majority of American viewers are like that, no one is goiing to notice or care

9. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

10. Haseo Knight of Light

Most people who don't know Japanese grammar wouldn't know that.;)

11. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

So you forgive me? <3​

12. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?

13. Haseo Knight of Light

Not a donut. Brock's emphasizing way too much about donuts for it to be a donut. What kind of donut is white and has a piece of seaweed on the bottom?

14. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    See when I was little I thought it was a powdered donut with chocolate at the bottom. I thought that was very strange.

15. Haseo Knight of Light

You might not be the only one who thought. That's probably why 4Kids called them donuts. I'd rather have the onigiri changed to a different food than have in called a donut.

16. P Banned

Ah. Dubbing.

Or rather, censoring.

I find most of the stuff okay, all things considering. Admittedly I know little about the undubbed version, but pokemon doesn't seem too badly mauled. (Although the appearance of 30 tauros with no explaination was unforgivable)

17. P Banned

That didn't really effect the story though, did it?

No, I stick by my statement that the tauros episode was the biggest slip up made by pokemon. (Barring the one.)

There is some patching done to Japanese lettering, for example when Charzard shoots a fireblast at Blane's Magmar, it goes off into the sky and changes from the shape of "Big" in Japanese to "medium" then "Small". This was patched so it remained the same throughout.

18. Daenerys Targaryen ok

my sister says they block this thing called Hentai or something here because of nudity and sexual content

19. Haseo Knight of Light

They're not a single channel on American TV that has Hentai... I hope.

20. Haseo Knight of Light

O.o Don't even go there Shiki, just don't go there.