Anime has laws in America

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ♥AL90♥, Jul 5, 2008.

1. krayzie Lionhart

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

yeah, but in some anime's they show "delicate" stuff , not suitable for children.

i mean, in america that is.

3. krayzie Lionhart

exacly so y sensor other shows?

4. libregkd -

5. Haseo Knight of Light

The content in Bleach and Naruto are appropriate for kids of in Japan, while the dubbers think its more appropriate for teens in America.

6. krayzie Lionhart

well that sucks
    they r makin us look like softies u know
    thats y some kids r such pushovers
    cuz they dont learn how to be tough with they safety shows

7. Haseo Knight of Light

And they cut out homosexuality because like half the population of America are homophobes.

8. Azure Flame Banned

Not completely. I've seen Gravitation in English.

9. Haseo Knight of Light

I'm talking about shows that are dubbed for kids like Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon, that have it cut out.

10. krayzie Lionhart

Sailor Moon?
    that had bad content?
    like what?

11. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

I must say, 4Kids is getting crazy with the changing the content thing. Did you know they were going to take on Naruto in Canada? But, In the end they didn't do it. You know why? Masashi Kishimoto wouldn't let them change Sasuke's name. What the hell man??!!? What's so inappropriate about Sasuke's name????!!!?!? Honestly, it's getting to be enough. And about the Homosexuality, I am strongly against them blocking that out. Love is love, and one such as them cannot tell them who they can and cannot love. Most people think that Homosexuality is wrong, well, really, love is love. As I have said before. One cannot tell the heart whom it is attracted to.

A lot of people just have to suck it up and get on with their ****ing lives. It's not the end of the world people, let them be who they are. Respect is a two way street. So, yeah, it can be a little, scratch that, a lot influential. But hell, don't take on the show if you want to change it. In Canada, it's not so bad. But there are some things. I havn't heard of any laws so far, but I'll keep my eyes open and ears perked for some information.

Really, I think video Game creators and Anime creators don't make their games while thinking 'Hey, I'm going to make this one guy get his head chopped off and hope that all the kids of the world will take the killers example'. Hell, if you don't want your kid seeing it, DON'T BUY THE DAMN GAME AND/ OR SHUT OF THE ****EN T.V. It's not as if were all out to make the world a horrible place people! Damn you and your government bullshit, that's what I say. Anyways, that turned into a bit of a rant but I hope I got my point out. Any opinions? ​

12. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

When you mean homosexuality - do mean like the whole deal or just the naughty stuff with all people?

To me it depends on the time of day the show is on, I mean if its a time where even young kids can watch it then sure, edit all the bad things out, children are very impressionable and seeing drugs and nudity, they probably think it's cool. If it's like when anime USED (damn them) to come on t.v , it came on at 10 pm, then they shouldn't edit everything out. Most people who are allowed to stay up that late are old enough to take it. It's not right if it's for older people.

13. Haseo Knight of Light

Well, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were in love with each. And the entire last season was more "explicit" meaning, it had blood and nudity, while the other ones had no blood and only minor nudity.
    The whole deal. Like in Cardcaptor Sakura, the removed it completely, or in Sailor Moon where they changed it to "being cousins".

14. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    The problem I have with it is that when there is something that 4KIDS couldn't explain to children they change the whole plot for that episode. The problem is that if it's a turning point in that episode they have to change the entire plot line. Then if it gets too hard to explain the plot line then they drop the dub and move on to the poor anime that has to be its next victum.

Their job is to dub the anime. Not change the content. They need to do their correctly job.

Also if a food is "unfamilair to western culture" they need to make us familiar with it! I remember in Pokemon they called an onigiri a donut. That confused me so much when I actually learned what it was.

15. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I agree with you. However 4Kids is a "kids" channel, and they wouldn't think of removing the censors. Depending on the anime, removing one of those things would ruin it.

4Kids should be banned from showing anime at all.

16. Haseo Knight of Light

Brock kept saying donut over and over and over again. At least Pokemon was a 4Kids dub worth watching.

17. What? 『 music is freedom 』

4Kids is run by little kids themselves. That is why they edit it so much.

18. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

Yeah, I agree with you. If they Dub it, it's okay, but I think I like the Subtitled versions better. Then it's actually real, and even though you mainly get it off the internet, it's almost perfectly unchanged. Personally I think if we all hate it so much, why don't we just watch the unchanged version of it on the internet? Or at least, get the Japanese version of it with Sub titles. Man, I hadn't thought of a that till now. It makes you wonder why they even put those shows on air if they're going to change it. If you don't like the content, get another show. Or at least show it when little ones are asleep. You hear what I'm saying? They shouldn't sit there and change it all the time. Besides, Yuri isn't that bad. Honestly.​

19. libregkd -

20. Haseo Knight of Light

What kind of self respecting guy doesn't like a little Yuri every once in a while.:D