Angel Beats!

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Mysty, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Mysty Unknown

I know, it is not one of the newest animes out there. Heck, it isn't even one of the most well known. I still love it though. It is my favorite anime of all time. Any anime that can make me cry 5 times while watching it is worthy to me. I think another reason for me why it was so great is that I bonded with the main character Otonashi. I saw a reflection of myself through him. Its hard to do that with most anime. What are your opinions on this anime? And to those who have not seen it, I highly recommend it.

2. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    I really enjoyed it, I watched it under the recommendation of RvR a while ago and it's really fun.

It manages to be light hearted yet serious at times and delivers it all really well.

Nothing too long so you can sit down and enjoy it all in one day, connect with the fun varied cast of characters and really just enjoy yourself.

3. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

loved this show! the show gets so much hate tho and i dont kno why :/ it was such a creative anime too.

4. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I loved Angel Beats too. Had some really great characters, and the Angel Beats special, Stairway To Heaven, is absolutely amazing. It is Kyoto Animation and they delivered the quality that I expect.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I loved the show, and you're not the only one who cried. I'll admit it, I had to pause several times to wipe my eyes. The ending was spectacular! I couldn't help but ball when I saw it. I had the Opening Song as a ringtone.

6. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I haven't heard of this show before, but when I saw that, I was like: that looks really nice. :O

7. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Who didn't cry? Everybody with at least half a heart cried because it was supposed to make you cry.

8. Mysty Unknown

Several times these eyes of mine have shed waterworks because of this anime. That is one of the reasons I admire it so much. Now for reasons and when I will put it spoiler:

The first moment I balled was at the time of Iwasawa's passing. I do not have any life stories at all to explain why however. I just fell in love with her personality and beliefs. It was one of those moments where you wish you could bring out the character and just love them no matter what they went through.
    The second time was between Hinata and Yui. That one hit a home-run (Aren't I punny). I know how Yue feels. Not being able to do things that everyone else can do because of a physical handicap. Although I am not as bad as her (Just unfixable poor vision), I fell to tears when Hinata said he would love her, no matter the handicap, no matter the difficulties, he would be there for her. That's what I want in a companion. Someone who loves me and will help me even though it may be difficult at times.
    The final moment which I know EVERYONE cried at was the love confession between Otonashi and Kanade. The bond those two shared was beautiful. And the reason she was there in the first place was to thank him herself for saving her life, was simply touching. It was one of those true love moments. The hitter was the fact that even though they loved each other, it was forbidden. The heart they shared was one in the same. Nothing could break the bond.

9. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    I love the opening of Angel Beats so much. And when I saw the last Ep I cried my eyes out not caring even if I was in college in the quiet room.(Its different from the lounge room.) Such an amazing anime one a very few anime to actual make me show any emotion towards anything even though anime is when I can become me. Angel Beats made me cry which I haven't done since I was 16 going on 17 I believe. No actual When They Cry made me cry even more so yea pretty much 17.

10. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I always thought it was kind of weird because, Kanade is the patient who Otonashi's heart was given too, but Kanade was in the afterlife before Otonashi. How could she be if Otonashi had to die first to give the heart?

11. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    During a heart transplant you die once they take out the heart so that could be it. Also the donor heart has to be accepted by your body so that could be it too. I also thought about that, but then it hit me.

12. Mysty Unknown

No one ever said how long someone would be in limbo. You could be floating there in the middle of nowhere for a month while one person does for a day.

13. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I also thought it was kind of weird as well, maybe the video just skipped the reason why but, when Otonashi is alive and is stuck in the underground railway system, he falls over and notices this big black area on his chest, what is it? I probably forgot why though...