Video AMV Help Thread

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Darkandroid, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Zasuke Destiny Islands Resident

I'm new to AMVs and I was wondering how to upload it to the net, because everytime I try to upload it here at the video portal it never gets uploaded, have the mods not got around to it yet(I first tried uploading it November 17th)? And on youtube it says its uploaded but its not. Its not too long or big/small. Is it the file type(*.MSWMM)? Please help!

2. Darkandroid Gets it Together

do you save the movie file as a WMV, you don't upload the MSWMM file, you chose to save as a video file and then you upload that wmv file to a site like this or youtube.

3. Zasuke Destiny Islands Resident

Where do I do that? The only option in the save as file types is MSWMM. >_< I feel like a noob.

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

It's alright, we all do noob things one time or another ^_^

Ok go to file, then click on save movie file, and then pick some quick settings and it will turn it into a wmv file, and this will allow you to play it in media player and upload it to youtube etc.

5. Zasuke Destiny Islands Resident

Yay! Its done! Thanks for the help! Check on youtube and here for my vid(my name for youtube is wasuki, for here its zasuke).

6. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

Okay, I made an AMV!!! Tell me what you think. By the way, It's my first, so if it's bad, you should understand why.

(By the way, it's called In The End

7. Roxas OG

I don't want to be mean, but I'm gonna have to be honest and say that even for a first AMV, it lacked many things. It was basically 3-4 clips played over an overused Linkin Park song. There seemed to be no theme, random timing, and, well, no interesting parts to it.

I'm a beginner too, but I can say that my first AMV topped that easily. An AMV should bring out emotions in the viewer, but your AMV more or less bored me (although I did watch the whole thing).

I'm sorry for this bad review, and it is your first AMV, but I still think you should have worked harder on it. You asked us how to donwload vids today. You also uploaded the AMV today. It tells me that you haven't really been working very hard on it. I'm sorry to spoil your day, but I just think that so much more could have been done to make that better.

Keep making AMVs using a larger variety of clips and you'll finally get them going right. Of course, you're taking all of this advice from someone who has only made one AMV. But I still feel like I've seen enough amazing *cough* Darkandroid* *cough* AMVs to give you pointers, and I feel the one AMV I made was good too.

An AMV doesn't have to be flashy and complicated ot be good. Try and interest the viewer and make them feel sadness, excitement, and happiness. Even with a basic AMV, if you can catch these things then viewers will be interested in watching your AMV.

I am sorry for this terrible review. Just try harder next time.

8. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

:( -_- thanks Roxas, you're a real friend.

I couldn't do very good because I haven't got a decent bit of sleep in weeks!!!!

My damn cousins have been staying in my room so my bro and I have been sleeping in the living room. Why does that suck? You have the awsome TV!!! Well, I'll tell you, my bro is twice the size of me(exaderation) so I have to sleep on a love seat that I'm twice the size of!!! I have woken up at 4:00 AM, and gone to bed at 12:00 AM!!!!

So, it's kinda hard to focus!!!!!:mad:

9. Roxas OG

You don't want to do it when you're anxious or nervous. Wait for a relaxing time to spend 30 to 60 minutes working on your AMV.

10. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

Huh? Oh, yeah, okay, I'll do that. Now's not a good time. XDDD I'm listening to Remedy and songs like that with my bro. Xdddddd

By the way, Darkandroid, Where do I find the song Sanctuary? I need it for my next AMV.

11. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

First of all, thanks BUNCHES for making this topic. ^_^

Secondly... I noticed that lots of AMVs have this little rainbow-y glow-y thingy goin' on, but I can't find it on Windows Movie Maker. If it's available to WIndows Movie Maker, how do I do it?

Also, what's that clip when Roxas is in his Organization cloak and kicking all of those heartless's butts and crap and it's raining and looking and all cool and crap? I don't have the KH2 videogame yet, and I'm trying to keep some things secret so I don't spoil it for myself. >.>

12. Misty gimme kiss

You can have a couple for the Roxas thing. Deep Dive, Roxas Day 5, I think, or Another Side, Another Story.

The Rainbow thing is under Video Effects. It's the one that looks pink.

13. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Oh, THANKS!!! ^_^

14. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Hiya, fellas.

I'm thinking of making a Devil May Cry AMV, but I don't know what song to use. Any suggestions?

15. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Ah song choice...mmm....Step up by Drowning Pool would be a good one.

16. JackS27 Twilight Town Denizen

Okay, I've been reading all these intructions on this thread regarding video cards.

Let's pretend for a minute that I'm relatively poor and cannot afford a video card and/or a DVDR player.

Do you know anyone I can commission to get some screenshots?

17. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Hey... ^_^'

Me again... >.>

Look, I was just wondering... I tried to download DeepDive 3 times, but it never works. I tried everything I could think of, but it... just... won't... PLAY!!! >.<

Any advice???

18. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

What is the error message created when you run it?

19. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Um.....

"C:\Documents and Settings\Ownere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IES\N02CR1KY\DeepDive[1].wmv

Invalid menu Handle."

I think I got it all right... >.>

But I have absolutely no idea what it means or how to fix it...:confused:

20. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Have you tried downloading it? If it goes in Temporary Internet Files, it seems more like you are trying to stream it. Unless that is not the case, in which I fear I cannot help you there. Microsoft creates some pretty unique (read: weird) error messages.