Video AMV Help Thread

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Darkandroid, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Lite The Future

I have a quick question, if someone puts an AMV on KH-vids, does it specificly have to be about KH? because I have a few non-KH vids that are pretty good

2. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

Well it's supposed to be about kindgom hearts, Final fantasy, or anything disney related.
    But every now and then theres the random Harry Potter video or soemthing. But I don't think your supposed to do that kinda stuff

3. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

I think this is supposed to be asked in the Forum Assistance thread. But anyway, Crisp uploaded those cutscenes you're talking about here: High Quality Kingdom Heart Videos

As for the cutscenes for the Kingdom Key only, try Blue Laguna. The quality might not be as good as here, but it gives you the general cutscenes instead of the Bond of Flame ones we have uploaded...:sideways:

I don't see why not. There's no rule saying that you can't...

4. Lite The Future

alright then, thanks! but just to be sure, i think ill just post links of my AMV's, just incase. Here's one right here, its my latest one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t27-KPbNmKI Please tell me what you think!

5. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

The AMV's okay...but I would greatly suggest you use a wider variety of clips
    I give it a 3.5/5

6. Lite The Future

Noted, thanks for rating it!

7. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I find this tutorial very helpful. Thanks. :)

8. animAe Moogle Assistant

Hi i'm new here and i was wondering if someone could help me

I'm making a amv in windows movie maker but i don't know how to take out the audio from the wmv files i download here. i've made amv's before but i never used videos that are already a wmv file to make a video (usually i take a flv file and then when converting the video to a wmv, i take out the audio)
    so can someone teach me how to take out the audio from the kh-vids videos??

9. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I am not quite sure what you mean.

10. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

If you mean mute it, Just right click the audio and then click mute.

11. animAe Moogle Assistant

oh ok ty!
    *feels very stupid for not trying that before*

12. dman.sora Destiny Islands Resident

Anyone who has the time, please go check out my vids in the user portal! just put in dman and they should come up. I don't have very many, but I would appreciate it if someone watched them and then gave me some pointers. Thanx! XD

13. LiZ642 Moogle Assistant

Frustrated with WMM

I've making AMVs using Windows Movie Maker (the XP version) for a year now and I'm getting sick of the program's limitations. Here's a few of the problems I'm facing:

1) Any video uploaded into WMM is put into 4:3 formatting, so wide-screen video (say, FFVII Advent Children) is squished. That's not a problem for things that are already in that format, like the KH games, but it's a serious limitation on what I can work with.

2) Anyone who has ever worked with WMM knows that the thing seizes more than it runs. As I've been making more complex movies and using videos from multiple sources, WMM has gotten even slower. It crashes approximatly once every five minutes. Also, I'm tried of having to wait for 20 seconds each time I alter a clip.

3) I'd love some new tools to work with. There's an effect I've seen in several videos now that I'd almost call green screening. You know, replacing the background with a different image, so you've got two videos running at the same time. There's also a sort of fake letterboxing I've seen people do in KH videos to cover up the annoying subtitles on the bottom of the scene. I've tried and tried and there is no way to do that on WMM.

One thing I will say in favor of WMM: I like working with a timeline. I have no idea if most movie making programs work the same way.

I don't have cash to burn on a new program, but $100 or so is okay. My computer is a two-year-old Gateway with Windows XP (NOT Vista), but it's in perfect working order. Can you recommend a program that would work for me?

14. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

I believe one of the most used programs is sony vegas, which has a version that I belive costs only $90.
    I use that and I find it alot better then WMM. Although it does take some time to get used to. But if you go to Sony's website you can find a 30 day free trial of it and try it out yourself

15. Sexy Sheva Banned

Okay, i need a video that i can't find o-O

if it's in the Cutscene Archieve, please give me a link to it xD

I Need to find the video where Roxas and Riku's in The World That Never was where the skyscraper is and Roxas is fighting off the heartless

It's not Another Side another story because Roxas isn't fighting off heartless there

Please and Thank you <3 rep will be given =)

16. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

http://bluelaguna.net/fmvinfo/kh1/1533.php

Here it is, I think.

You also a codec for that, it's not WMV.

:/

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/

Here, if you don't have one.

._.

17. Sexy Sheva Banned

what do I go to after i click the first link? I downloaded the DivX

18. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

._.

19. Sexy Sheva Banned

Thank you ^_^ <3

20. LiZ642 Moogle Assistant

Thank you!

Thanks for the tip! I looked up Sony Vegas and found it was exactly what I wanted.