Am I the only person who can't beat really old retro games like stuff on the NES?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I'm really frustrated about this. I mean it seems like I'm the only gamer of today who can't beat these games...

Those really old games out there like the ones for NES for example are so damn hard I don't see how ANYBODY is supposed to be able to beat them...I couldn't beat those games if my life depended on it...Or even get very far in them...They're ridiculous...I mean you die in only one hit and don't even have a life bar...And you have only like what 3 lives? And not even any freaking continues...

Games like those really old Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Metroid games etc. are so hard I don't see how anybody is supposed to be able to beat them...

And I also can't beat anything on the Arcade, Or the SNES etc.

And I'm the ONLY person I know of who can't beat any of these games...And I'm not even a kid...It makes me just wanna kill myself...

2. NutheadBros Hollow Bastion Committee

Look Jaden, it's probably because you're used to the fancy perks and addons that today's games add to soften the diffuculty. Take it from me for instance, I had never played the original Donkey Kong before on an arcade system [mind it this was on Donkey Kong 64 but the point stands] and I kept on dying and dying just to try and beat it. So I practiced and I practiced and kept on dying and dying until I got to the end.

So what I'm saying really is that if someone like you practiced on those old games then you could learn from it and beat it..well unless there's a part that's still a nightmare to beat [Damn SMB3 World 8 Fortress and your maze of doors]

3. libregkd -

4. The Fuk? Dead

Battletoads, yes. Super Star Wars, yes. Mario, Metriod and Zelda? Not really.

5. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Meh, these days I can't as much, but I used to be pretty damn good, first game I ever beat was megaman 2 when I was 3, now I can barely scrape past megaman 9.

6. libregkd -

7. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

The majority of modern games are actually really God damn easy. Auto-saves, checkpoints, infinite lives, easy to find ammo, replenishing health or convenient healing, etc. They're all making games these days way too easy, rather than how older games had *gasp* expectations of the player learning things themselves, instead of holding their hands the whole time.

Of course, not every game that's come out this generation is easy, but it's a lot harder for me personally to find a challenge now than it was a few console generations ago.

Also, killing yourself over a video game...just stop that. It's a form of entertainment.

9. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They were also made super hard to make the game seem longer, which I find cheap but whatever. Of course I am not saying that games these days are any longer.

10. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

No there are plenty of old games I can't beat, you have to remember that they went out to make hard games. They weren't baby feeding you back then, most games didn't have tutorials. So it really isn't that weird.

11. Patman Bof

http://www.1up.com/news/zelda-director-producer-eiji-aonuma-never-finished-legend-zelda

I guess he never even tried Zelda 2.
    I can think of much harder NES games though ...

12. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It's the difficulty of those old games that made me a better gamer towards the modern games. There wasn't a lot of systems that let you save back in the day NES, so you had to get as far as you could and hopefully beat the game without having to turn off the system or die too many times. It's part of the reason why i'm so persistent to beat any games that I get nowadays.

If you really having that much trouble i'm sure you could find some helpful tutorials. Or you could just take star road to the last battle ;) lol

13. jafar custom title

NES games were a lot harder though... So it's not just you. Like, I honestly suck at retro games. And I don't particularly care for them one way or another. I don't have that 8-bit fetish that some folks do, I guess.

14. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

I can't usually beat them. But I haven't played many. Im playing the original Legend of Zelda currently on my NES and Im constantly getting stuck and wandering around. However I did manage to beat and acquire great skill in Super Mario. It was a pretty great feeling saving the Princess.

15. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I'm not sure if Gameboy counts as 8-bit, but I never got past Brock in Pokemon Yellow for a couple years

Then I caught a Mankey.

But yeah, retro games be hard. It's just a thing.

16. libregkd -