Am I the only one who didn't like the Manga?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by PuffinBoy415, May 20, 2007.

?

So does the manga suck?

1. DAH!!!

27 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. I think it's good.

116 vote(s)
    81.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flame of axel Destiny Islands Resident

i luv the the kh manga books!! i just don't like how they're like... $9.00 each...

2. MisuzuKamio Destiny Islands Resident

Some of it is funny...

Many of the jokes they add in are amusing to read when there's nothing else to do, but it's really irritating in several aspects. The KH1 manga is really well done, I think. (Love the Cid Cannon) But the Kh:Com one irritates me a lot.
    Why?
    For one thing, why do they only have like 2 disney worlds? It's really pointless. I hate how they just randomly included Agrabah. If they really had to put in a random disney world, why couldn't it be a fun one. (nothing against agrabah but it was kinda dull...)
    For another thing, what was the deal with the stuff with Namine? It bothered me a lot. Personally, the part in the actual COM that I loved the most were the conversations between Sora and Namine, and Namine's submissive respect to Kairi. I appreciated her more that way. But they changed that so much in the manga, and made people more sympathetic towards Namine. It was almost like the manga was like. Kairi? Who cares about Kairi? I know that HAPPENED, but it was resolved in the end of the game...not in the manga.
    Anyway, I'm babbling and just rehashing what other people have said.
    I really do love the manga, but I just don't like how they change people so much. They make Marluxia an idiot, for one. Which really bothered me. It makes the manga so much kiddier than it needs to be. Sora also looks and acts like hes around 10 (not like its bad to be 10) but he just seems so much younger...I have yet to pick up my copy of kh2 manga, but I hope that they fix that issue, and at least make him a bit more true to his character.

3. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

I thought the jokes and quips were WAY better than the game. But They failed by overdoing the anime quriks like sweatdrops and funny faces. The fights were really gay. I was expecting fights on par with Naruto or Bleach, but they were dissapointing. They were too busy with the anime face faults. I was expecting some blood too. And you are right. Sora did act more kiddy than he did in any of the games. I was hoping they would divert some from the game storyline.

All in all, It was very dissapointing. Though the artwork was stunning.

4. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

It's okay I'd read it if I had to.

5. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Well I guess they narrowed down a lotta action scenes in particular battles and such, but it's a pretty clever depliction of the story so I thought it was pretty good. And they're not very off on the main storyline either so it isn't too bad. Might be some confusion now and then, but those patches can be easily covered.

6. Repliku Chaser

I thought the manga books were okay but compared to the KH games, they were weak. There were a lot of stupid puns in there and extreme anime moments that didn't need to happen and the fight scenes were pathetic. I wish the manga were more like the game instead of adding things like Vexen's pickles or skipping on fights with Riku or what people actually said sometimes in the game that made it more intense. The manga was obviously meant to be a cutesy version of it. I will say though that I did get some chuckles here and there so it wasn't absolutely hideous. For 9 bucks a book though...I would have read them at the store. Fortunately they were presents.

7. EmoSensei Moogle Assistant

Well....

Truthfully, I liked the manga. It had some un-needed changes now and then but, most of them were for the better. Plus the first ones are cheap^^

8. koolashley King's Apprentice

I liked it, it wasn't too bad, but I wish it was longer. I thought the humor was good, and it was a bit more realistic on how you got orbs in the Struggle Battle, the reason why Roxas didn't have enough money to go to the beach. I wish it was more mature, though...

9. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    I thought the manga was too simple to read. I liked it and everything but I do wish it was more in depth or exciting.

10. flame of axel Destiny Islands Resident

well, the manga has it's up points and it's down sides too. sure it's about kh, but it is a little kidish. personally, since it's about kh, that's enough to make me read it there and the eye bulging and weird faces that have no similarity to the character that they're supposed to be portraying is actually what makes it funny to me.

11. darkslayer Twilight Town Denizen

Well I have never read it. But it looks good to me..

12. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

I've only read the first one in the KHII series but I like it. Roxas's maoi tissue dispenser LOL, The tissues come outta the nose!

13. Repliku Chaser

That was my problem too. Some things were so exaggerated and made little to no sense or were just to kiddish for me. I could get into KH but the mangas made me feel like I was 5 reading them. The expressions and all with the characters were just wrong at times, and then there are the plot changes too. It should have stuck better to the actual game instead of taking liberties to do different things entirely with some characters. I won't say I didn't find some areas amusing though, but I guess it just made characters of KH seem very out of character.

14. Hobo_Donald Merlin's Housekeeper

It's was alright. What I like about the KH manga is the illustrations and cute/clever ideas that was put into the story. I thought that part was neat.

I also thought the english versions of the mangas were quite cheesy like when the characters try to curse but can't cuz it's rated for everyone so they had to have lines like "Darn, the heartless are coming", "Darn it", or "Darn you". So yeah... that's one part of the KH manga that really grind my gears.

15. Zexion06 Traverse Town Homebody

I do agree that the Manga totally leads the reader off of the main course, but the mini jokes are kind of funny...

16. Twilight--XIII Twilight Town Denizen

Somewhere lonely... WHERE ARE MY FRIENDS?!
    Well, you're not the only one who dislikes it, but I like it... The jokes were so out-of-place, that is why I found it funny. The drawings are good, so many details and all. So... yeah, I like it.

17. DiveIntoTheHeart Traverse Town Homebody

XD .. i had this really long reply i was gonna do... but decided not to... *sigh*

Overall... i like(d) the KH Mangas!!! My only problem was/is the funny-faces and the jokes during the more 'serious' scenes...And the KH1 mangas were too short...

18. Ravenyuki Traverse Town Homebody

Okay, let's start with the positives: The art was very good. Shiro Amano draws with great detail. I also love the comedy. One example being the look on Vexen's face in COM.
    Negatives: They didn't match up with the storylines very well. Plus, they're read too quickly. I can see why some critics would give it two stars out of five.

19. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

ive never read the CoM one...and no, your not the only one...the KH manga seems babyish and the fight scenes aren't very good (like cloud vs sora...within 3 panels sora was on the ground under cloud's sword)...other than that its kind of funny...and it does fill in a lot of parts that the game doesnt...unfortunately though some people think its canon and try to debate with it...which can be a little annoying to talk about..

20. Sexy Sheva Banned

in my opinion, i think that it was fairly good

i only had the first Volume that my cousin got me at a garage sale, and then after a year, i gave it to my friend for Christmas because he really likes KHI

it pretty much got boring after reading it forever that i even memorized the pages and words

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.