Alright Kh-vids, let's see just how ****** your taste is

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Jube, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Oblivion Keeper Banned

What about the mine skills? I had those stop bosses in their tracks.

2. C This silence is mine

Unless you like a decent plot, or if the Disney worlds really appealed to you since KH1 is the only game they matter.

Also, while I find the game itself to have ups and downs, Hollow Bastion in KH1 is still genuinely the best designed world in the series. It's damn good.

3. A Zebra Chaser

KH1 has cool concepts marred by being made a decade ago. It's a perfectly good curiosity, and still beats the DS games, but it's clunky, disjointed and awkward all around.

4. C This silence is mine

I played the HD remaster a couple of months ago, it still definitely holds up. The only reason it feels clunkier is because they didn't focus as much on the flashy parts of combat, like the later games did.

5. Jube Formerly Chuck's

It would be a lot cooler if you didn't spend half of it USING A ****ING STICK

However when it comes to KH and KH2 I will always prefer KH because atleast Kingdom Hearts didn't have PRESS TRIANGLE TO WIN and REFLEGA

6. C This silence is mine

The stick was rad. Why they didn't let you use it permanently is just silly.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I enjoy your posts because of your theme<3
    also, woo for Stephanie finally being introduced in the new 52!

8. 61 No. B

i lost my mind when i read that

it already been somewhat kinda spoiled for me before i read it but still. omg

9. A Zebra Chaser

Combat is stiff, besides the out of place new moves Final Mix added, cutscenes are primitive and very few are fully realized, with lip flaps for most VA work and text only for even more. The game is also full to bursting with really weird, REALLY awkward puzzles and platforming that the series was wise to reduce and streamline in later games. Magic is also utterly useless bar specific situations, Summons doubly so.
    It's by no means a bad game, but nearly every other game in the series outshines it by sheer virtue of having more experience behind it

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I read the actual issue. I knew she was going to be in the Eternal series, but I didn't think she'd be in that specific issue. I literally yelled when I saw her.

11. 61 No. B

see i watched a video where people discussed the comics that came out that week and they said that "someone" who had yet to appear but we knew was going to appear was indeed in that issue. knowing who they meant i promptly ran out and bought it despite having already gotten my stuff for that week. i wasn't going to since it wasn't part of zero year and i'm short on cash right now but eeehhh i couldn't resist. my reaction was... i cant really put it into words. even more or less knowing she was going to be in it i lost it. cant imaging what my reaction would have been not knowing.

12. Jube Formerly Chuck's

As opposed to Kingdom Hearts 2's combat which consisted of pressing the triangle button and letting Sora do some 2 minute flashy move?

13. A Zebra Chaser

I'd take Sora doing a flashy move over Sora canceling out of cure but still using the MP because I used it in midair

14. Oblivion Keeper Banned

Is that why you're doing commentary on KH1?

15. C This silence is mine

Pretty sure that doesn't happen, I would have probably noticed that through my hard mode run. And if it does, it's just incentive to git gud.

16. A Zebra Chaser

How have you not encountered this? Another variation is Sora will cancel out of an attack if he touches a roof while attacking. This is a huge pain in Monstro's stomach

17. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Y'know, I'll actually take some stiff combat over flashy stuff. Yes, the original game is pretty stiff, and has some really difficult puzzles. The HD Remix fixed a lot of things, but could still be called stiff. While KH2 had a lot more interest combat techniques, that also kind of turned me off. Kingdom Hearts 2, for the most part, wasn't all that difficult. The battles were very simplified and easy, and with the lack of platforming or puzzles, it could be very dull at times. I didn't really use my head to get from place to place.

I haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2 in years, but I can bet I can start a game right now on Proud mode and beat the game with maybe one or two deaths. I've recently played HD Remix, and I'm pretty sure that I would really would have to give it my all, and still die a lot. I want my money's worth out of a game. I enjoy both games very much, each has their pros and cons. But I'll take function, but difficult combat that causes me to use my head to quick combat that over simplifies battles.

18. A Zebra Chaser

Give the Final Mix of KH2 a try, Critical Mode level 1 is a decent challenge, provided you stay low level (Or use the ability to stay at level 1) it's a much more fun Critical Mode than BBS or DDD, too, since they give you extra abilities AP and a damage boost (but half HP and MP) the bonus Org battles from Final Mix are pretty fun too.
    And here's the thing... you die more in KH1 BECAUSE it's stiff. It's like people always talk about games from the 80s being harder and that being a good thing, but the games are just plain poorly designed. And KH2 isn't honestly that much better, but smoother combos at least mean you're more likely to land a hit as opposed to slash right in front of an enemy, leaving you wide open for a counter, for no reason other than the thrust attack didn't trigger

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

You don't know how many times this happened to me when I was fighting bosses in the Colosseum. I absolutely hated it.

To those who haven't encountered this, don't try it. It will ruin you. ALWAYS.

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Whoa, what
    Someone clearly hasn't been smoking enough nort
    FLOWMOTION WAS FUN FUCK THE HATERS

I'm gonna kick myself later for saying this but bless u friend