Ally Support

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Amaury, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Do you typically care for your allies' wounds (usually Donald and Goofy since they're always in the party)?

I am personally very big on keeping my allies healthy, more so on hit points than magic points, though I'll sometimes give them an Ether or other item that restores magic points every now and then.

Of course there are times where I can't, like if I'm waiting for my magic points to recharge, for example.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

To be honest, not really. All I care about is whether or not I can survive in battles lol.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I cared more in KH1 when they were a little more useful, but in KHII, I couldn't spare the MP like in KH1, so I just left them be. Plus I finished most fights without them anyways

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

In KH in particular? Nah, I'm pretty selfish. I really only heal my party members when I need them for something. Not necessarily because I'm hoarding my MP, but because as soon as I heal them they tend to get hit again, sometimes knocked out. The returns are all the more discouraging when I have to revive them repeatedly from K.O. status.

This is KH1, mind you. In KH2 and onward they either got incidentally healed when I healed myself with Cure, or they didn't get healed at all.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Stephen Colbert, @Androssi, @Ars Nova

I've literally risked Sora's life to heal them before. That's how much I care about them. :o To give you an idea, watch 50:28 - 50:47 here:

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

7. Antidote Façade

Psh no, I just worry about healing myself. Donald & Goofy/whoever else can feel free to tank the enemy damage and die in my place lol.

In KHI I would actually have to go out of my way to heal them since Curaga is a single target spell. In KHII, they would just get healed incidentally when I healed myself since they made Curaga AoE, so I guess it's win/win, and I suppose they are more beneficial in II what with Drive Forms.

8. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

Yeah, I mean it's not like it's the kind of RPG where your companions actually die if they run out of hit points. Except for certain battles, like against Barbossa, the only penalty to losing your ally is that they're out of commission for, what, a minute? Less? Doesn't seem like much point to keeping them healthy. If you had to spend an item or something to revive them after a battle, then I'd want to keep them safe, but.... as it is, no.

9. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

The only reason I'd keep them healthy is for the special attacks in KHII, and also they heal me.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's only Jack Sparrow, just FYI. :) Donald and Goofy can still get knocked out without penalty.

This is pretty much why I think it's important to keep allies healthy, especially Donald, Ariel, Simba, and Riku since they have healing abilities.

11. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

I'm aware of that, that's kind of the whole point of that particular gimmick of that battle, is that really worth correcting me? :p

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I don't bother. Most of the time I consider them to be so useless I won't even notice when they are KOed. I have on several occasions wondered where Donald was with a cure only to realize he was out of commission.

In KH2 I will make a point to stand near an ally for cure/cura just for efficiency sake. But at end game with curaga it is pretty hard not to heal them (I've tried. Many areas are too small. And those that have the space often still don't work if they run out of HP in the middle of the room)