Kingdom Hearts Allies' Abilities in Kingdom Hearts Needed Invincibility Frames

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

In Kingdom Hearts II, when an ally used a special ability, such as Auron using Divider, they could not be interrupted. The only exception I can think of is Auron's Healing Water, but that's it. However, in Kingdom Hearts, anything could interrupt allies' special abilities.

Let's take Ariel's Spiral Wave as an example. Most of the time there aren't any problems, but during the giant Ursula battle, she can very rarely pull off a full Spiral Wave.

Here's an example (skip to 1:38):

It wasn't as bad as it could have been there because the guy kept using Stop, but most players, like in my boss battles against her, don't use Stop (see my walkthroughs), and Ariel will keep getting interrupted, whether it's in the middle of the attack or just as she's starting it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. .Haru Merlin's Housekeeper

You cry because the game was harder with this ? oh wow

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

This has nothing to do with the game's difficulty.

4. .Haru Merlin's Housekeeper

Why do you cry about this then ? The only thing you use allies for is to make the game more easy / assist you in fight.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm not crying about anything.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

He's not crying about anything. Quit being rude because he inquired about something.

Anyway, I think that invincibility frames were added to add balance to the game. It's kinda unfair to make you waste magic only to get hit and have it not work. I got along just fine only using potions a lot of the time, but fact stands that getting hit while healing alienated a lot of people.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Exactly. In Kingdom Hearts, you'll sometimes notice one ally use a potion twice. They were interrupted on one, and it went through; however, whoever was still in the red, so they used another one.

I mean, if you watch from 3:15 to 3:25 here, you'll see Ariel tried to heal me, but got interrupted. Thankfully, I was fine and right after her and Donald got me:

If that had been Kingdom Hearts II, she wouldn't have been interrupted. In Kingdom Hearts II, Sora can also be interrupted when using Cure, but at least it's not too long until he gets Leaf Bracer.

I think the reason Auron is the only one who gets interrupted when supporting himself, Sora, or another ally (whether it's using an item or Healing Water) is because his animation in that regard is a little slower than the other allies with healing abilities (Donald with Donald Cure, Simba with Healing Herb, and Riku with Cure Potion). I noticed it a lot more on my "only allies attack" run where he tried to heal whoever with Healing Water, only it didn't work, but it still used his MP. :(

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014