After the End

Discussion in 'Archives' started by LoneWolf, Sep 11, 2009.

1. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Before I start, I want to thank the people that helped me think of names, ideas, and plots to this story. I will try to post each chapter as quickly as I can, but I can't gurantee quick results. I want to thank all my friends for bringing a smile to my face and being such an inspiration to me. Also note I will fix mistakes as soon as I can, this is only a work in progress and will expect to have people bash on it's mistakes :P. Also, it would be appreciated if you could comment after each chapter so it won't double merge anything... So, without further ado...

Chapter 1
    "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room," the tall and lanky male nurse told the boy trying to push past him to get into the emergency room.

"My friends are in there though," Darius was crying out while trying with all his might to push past the male nurse. Darius was a half-boy, half-man and was the one of the quiet types. He had the appearance of a rebel, long dark hair and a winter-like with his hair flipping out of the bottom, he wore it because his hair was almost always a mess. He was muscular, an athletic celebrity in his community. Despite this, he had a big heart. His eyes were deep and mysterious, that of a dark, black ocean.

"I'm sorry sir, please, sit down in the lobby...We'll let you know how they're doing," the nurse said in a tired tone, exhaustion from a hard day's work. Darius simply sighed and sat down in the waiting room. He twiddled his thumbs and found to his surprise that his hands were quite sweaty. He gazed into the palm of his hands, digesting the situation. His memories jumped all over the place, but one distinct memory, one that is quite fresh in his mind seemed to stick out the most.

There was a party merely two hours before Darius found himself in a hospital waiting room. Randy and Samantha, his two best friends, probably more in a sense. Randy had been his best friend since childhood, and Samantha, a girl he had huge crush on, but best friend nonetheless. Their lives were in a critical state, a memento that drunk drivers are moving, lethal land-bourne projectiles. Darius had witnessed the whole thing, a nightmare to behold. The metal crunching, the screech of of metal on metal, a haunting sound. Darius put his head in his hands trying to hope for the best.

After about three hours, his five mile train of thought came to an abrupt stop when the same male nurse called his name, "Hey, kid...You may see them, they've been asking for you." Darius got up, his hands were very shaky and his heart was drumming inside his chest. He walked with uneven footsteps into the room they were being kept in. He looked at Randy. His face was in terrible shape. His red hair was messy and his bright blue eyes looked into Darius'.

After a a raspy breath Randy said, "Hey..." His voice sounded sad and so much different than the cheery voice Darius once knew.

"Hey, you're going to be fine, trust me, you can't die on me," Darius said in a shaky voice. He didn't sound so sure himself. "You can't," Darius said once again.

"I won't, after all...I can't let the team down, can I," Randy barely gasped the question. Him and Darius were on the same basketball team, they were the ultimate team according to their standards. Before Darius could answer his question, Randy passed out. After a moment of looking at him, Darius put Randy's hand on his chest.
    He then walked over to Samantha, "Hey Sam," Darius said. Her bright face, beautiful, and complex turned toward his. Her eyes were always shiny and green, but now, they looked dull and sad. Her black hair was neat as always.

"Hi...," she finally managed to say quietly. It was clear her and Randy were in extreme pain. They talked slowly until the nurse ushered him out.

Just before Darius left, he heard them both say, "I love you," and they meant it. Darius figured that'd be the last thing they'd say before the worst possible outcomes came around. Darius walked toward the front door and saw that it was raining. He adjusted his black winter-hat and walked out the door, knowing he was going to lose everything that was important to him.

2. Juicy Chaser

The story is cute, you just need to take more care with presentation. Remember, always proof read your work before posting it anywhere- you've mispelled a few things and even missed out words from sentences. Read through it now and edit, if you wish.

Also, take into account that people like to read things in bitesized chunks. Split your work into paragraphs with lines inbetween and generally the story will look more appealing.

I notice the title here is "After the end- chapter 1". Remember, all your chapters must be posted in one thread- if you're confused, feel free to PM me <3

3. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 2

The blackness of the night enveloped everything; the air, the sidewalk, even Darius' thoughts, it was everywhere. There was one other thing he was not going to enjoy either, which was going home to a drunk, angry, and burly father. Not the first thing on his to-do list. Darius ignored the rain and walked home.

Once he stepped up onto his doorstep, he already smelled the sickening stench of two too many beers. With a long sigh he opened the door slowly.

Before Darius could look up, a fist came down on his cheek like a wrecking ball, "Where the hell were you?"

Darius touched his cheek lightly, then managed to say, "I had some stuff I had to do, it's none of your business."

His dad began to raise his voice now, "Your business is my business, kid. Your just like your mother, always staying out late and getting yourself into deep...," he began to cuss Darius out. After his dad was done yelling, he had passed out on the couch. Darius stood there looking at his feet silently hating the world. He finally came out of his trance and climbed up the stairs to his room. His room was small but it was a room nonetheless. He sat down on his bed and observed the socks and other articles of clothing laying around, he never was the neatest person. He then looked at his desk, which a small computer and a television which allowed him to keep himself entertained without going downstairs to irritate his merciless father. He laid back and put his head on his pillow. He soon fell asleep with a heavy heart and countless thoughts on his mind.

His dreams were that of the sound of grinding metal. The same incident happened in his dream countless times. the drunk driver, Randy not noticing the man swirve into his lane, it all kept happening over and over. Darius eyes snapped open and he looked around. He noticed that he was all sweaty and something didn't seem quite right. He peered through his window and noticed that the sky was not it's normal color. It was a pale grey color, like it was going to rain or snow, which was odd because the sun was visible through the, which looked like an overcast sky. Even stranger, the sun shone a crimson red. People he didn't even know lived in the neighborhood were strolling on by.

Before Darius knew it, he had his shoes on and running toward the hospital where Randy and Samantha were staying in. God, they better be alright, he thought to himself as he ran without stopping.

He skidded to a halt, panting at the door. He soon caught his breath and walked in. Darius eyes flicked around the room and tried to remember what room they were in. I think it was 208, he remembered and made his way toward that same room. Once he found it, he peeked in and found the room to be empty. He entered the room and looked everywhere for a sign that they were here. Nothing. Darius dropped his head and looked at the floor wondering where they could be.

"Can I help you," a nurse asked him. Darius snapped out of it and shook his head and walked out of the room slowly. He sat down on a bench and watched people he has never seen around town before walk in and out of the hospital doors. He also noticed that some wore strange outfits made of metal, he even saw a man carrying a large blade. How weird, Darius wasn't aware of any special occasion to dress like that. He stood up and decided to check out the other abnormalities around town, like the big man with the big sword.

4. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 3

Stupid Traffic..., Darius thought to himself as he waited for the mob of traffic on Walnut Street, which was the busiest road in Springfield, to let him cross the street. As he waited, he took note of the cars passing by. So far, nothing seemed different about them. Then finally when the pedestrian sign flashed him a oppurtunity to cross which he hastily accepted and walked across the designated walking strip. Crossing Walnut Street should be a sport rather than a simple task. Darius looked at the buildings, something didn't seem right to him, though he was sure anyone else would think that too if they saw a red sun and grey sky all of a sudden. Darius began to look through each window of each building to spot any other abnormalities.

He felt a tap on his right shoulder and looked behind him, "Hiya! You're Darius right? Well You're coming with me!" A girl of about his age with black hair seemed to know him somehow. She had very scary green eyes, though she was pretty, she didn't care it seemed like judging by the way she approached him. She was wearing clothes you would see any normal person wear, jeans and a t-shirt. Her hair was very long, typical woman.

Darius raised an eyebrow, "How do you know my name? You didn't tell me your name either." He looked at her, he also noticed she wore too much make-up, which also made her appearance even more different.

The girl replied, "Well, if you need to know, my name is Annabelle. Now, you're coming with me. Master Ten needs to see you."

Darius looked very confused, "Master Ten...?" It was too late when he asked her, for she was running toward the train station. Darius sighed and decided he would follow her, he might learn some things about this strange world he slipped into. He kept up with her easily, being the athletic celebrity and in great shape really paid off.

Once they reached the station, Darius looked up and noticed that the name of the train station was also different. The sign read "Walnut International Train Station" which was odd because he had always known it to be named "Central Station".

Annabelle looked at him, "We're going to take the train to Fort Centris, then you need to speak to Master Ten. He's been expecting you." She took out a small handbag and pulled out money to purchase their tickets. Darius what the heck this Fort Centris or whatever she called it was, and who Master Ten was. Since when were people named after numbers, Darius thought.

She came back and announced, "Follow me, we're on train number three." He nodded and followed her to platform number three. Sure enough, their train awaited them. Once boarded, they had to compete with the soldiers, also heading for Fort Centris as well, for a decent seat. The soldiers wore a viser helmet and loose leather suits and chaps with black clothing underneath their battle uniforms. Their rifles looked much like a standard assault rifle a soldier would use. Each rifle was different and Darius noticed that one soldier had a brilliant sword that seemed to give off a red aura. He also wondered why a soldier would carry a sword if the others had rifles. He took a window seat and leaned back as Annabelle took the seat next to him.

She was the first to talk, "Master Ten is our teacher. He's here to help us and stuff. He will tell you more once you meet him. Oh, and by the way, I knew your name because we have been waiting for you. There's three Dreamers, me, you, and there's one more on the way. A Dreamer is somebody who slips into a dimensional rift and winds up here on Alternate Earth. See, this dimension is occupied by three Dreamers, and the spirits of the dead. But, the passing on individual spirit lingers here and their soul travels into the afterlife. But, we're different, our spirits have been beckoned to Alternate Earth for a specific purpose which you will find out soon enough." That answered Darius' questions about the red sun and grey sky. So if he was on Alternate Earth, would the spirits of Sam and Randall come here too? Questions like these ran through his head as the train glided gracefully along the track as it sped towards Fort Centris.

Chapter 4

Master Ten stepped forward onto the train platform waiting for Darius and Annabelle disembark the train. He sttod stoically on the station platform, looking like a super hero observing a city from a tall skyscraper. His long, silver hair flapped in the breeze that swept across the country side and Fort Centris. His hard face and stone-like eyes told the world he had withstood every burden life had thrown at him. He wore a large cloak around his normal clothing, which wasn't so different from how a normal person would dress in today's time. Darius and Annabelle finally took careful steps out of the train and Ten approached them.

He held out his hand to Darius, "Hello Darius, I'm Master Ten. Did Annabelle tell you who I was?"

Darius nodded, "Yes she has, this is a bit weird for me because things have been happening so fast since I got here."

"Please, let's go inside for further discussion," Ten lead Annabelle and Darius into his private quarters located on the top sixteenth floor of Fort Centris. Ten opened the door to his room and beckoned them both in. His room was was elegant and crude at the same time, which allowed for duality between comfort and display. Ten took his cloak off, hung it up, and sat down in his favorite chair. "Darius, my informants tell me you arrived here in your sleep, you awoke to find that you were not in the normal world you usually wake up in. I know this because we have waited for the three Dreamers, though our third is not present at the moment, for several years. I will be your teacher while you are here on Alternate Earth." He stood up and went to his closet. He reached up and scrounged around loose junk that had collected there over the years. Ten finally removed a terrifying, golden sword with purple amethysts aligning the center of the blade. He twirled it and held it out so that Darius could grab the handle.

He looked up at Ten, "What is this for?" He hesitantly took the blade by the handle and held it up. The hilt was a brilliant silver and had spikes protruding upwards to further optimize defensive mechanics of the sword. Darius looked at the amethyst pommel stone, it seemed to hypnotize him from its unusual radiancy and clearness.

Ten responded, "That is a sword made of anti-matter. Anti-matter is a very unstable metal that is indestructible once refined. It can be made into many different colors. Those weapons are an extremely valuable asset to a good swordsman. We will make each Dreamer one so that you will have a trusty weapon at your side," Ten paused a moment, "moving on. Now, magic can be shaped by using the emotions your heart currently owns to call forth a variety of things." He cupped his left hand and a small flame lit up his hand, "Fire is forged from anger, ice from sadness, and so forth. You can summon anything your heart has felt to aid you in combat or household tasks. I'm telling you this now so I can prevent confusion later on in your training, we need to be fast and thorough, we haven't much time before Alternate Earth Crumbles into oblivion." Ten took his sword and stowed it away back into his closet. and sat back down.

Darius thought for a second, and then said, "...You mean Alternate Earth isn't going to last much longer?"

Ten nodded and then looked up at the ceiling, wishing that the statement of 'crumble into oblivion' weren't true, "Yes, this planet is doomed to die, if we cannot defeat the one named Kazumeta. Though I'm afraid that he is particularly interested in you Darius. He seems to have been watching over you for most of your life from the far reaches of his hiding place. He knows who you are and what kind of person you are and capable of being. We have been dealt a terrible hand here." Ten rolled up his sleeve and showed Annabelle and Darius his tatoo of the number 10 on his shoulder,"I am Kazumeta's number ten, meaning I was his tenth servant to support his evil ways. Luckily, I escaped his wrath and joined the Provident Army. Which are the soldiers you saw on your trip here. There is also a irritating extremist group getting in our way as well. They have many formal names, tohught we jut call them T.G.'s, target practice." He chuckled for a second and then continued, "It's getting late, I will show you around tomorrow so you can get settled." They all stood up and Annabelle rubbed the sleep off of her face for she had recieved the same lecture when she first arrived at Centris. Ten guided them to their room and he performed a quick tour of the room before giving them top quality pillows and blankets, he left the room and went back to his private quarters.

Darius took the bed closest to the window and began setting up his bed. Annabelle looked at him and said, "You sure are quiet. Is that how you normally are or...," she stopped and then flicked his ear. "Nevermind," she took the top bunk of the bunk bed that sat on the opposite side of the room that Darius occupied.

Darius spoke up, "Things happened to me recently, I'd talk to you about them, but it's kind of weird because we just met and all." He took off his hat and long, brown hair fell out, he placed it on the nightstand and laid there.

"Goodnight," Annabelle half-shouted just to wake sleeping people, she turned the light off and Darius smiled slightly. At least conversations won't be boring with her around, he said to himself in his mind and closed his eyes and sleep soon took him over

5. allymaly Moogle Assistant

Feedback

I meant to post this earlier, so I'm not sure if you fixed it but you misspelled fashion. Other than that it looks good.

6. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 5

Sector 3, a city that used to be named Niss, was now a ghost town and named to be an object rather than a city. No human, animal, or any other creature inhabited the area within five miles of the frozen metropolitan wasteland. Kazumeta stood at the top of the mountain overlooking the landscape below. He stood there with in his heavy, dark, and intimidating armor. The stinging frost shards flying in the wind made the horizon seem like a white and desolate void. Under his dark helmet was a face of pure evil. His eyes red, a face that spoke hatred, and dark hair that fell about halfway down his forehead which half covered a pink and bubbly scar. He made his way down the mountain, he was to regroup at the Niss reactor with the T.G. group assigned to investigate the city. The T.G. was the Twelfth Guard. T.G. was an evil group that had an unknown goal. Kazumeta made his way to the capital building.

Darius' dreams took him deep within his memories. Only this time, it was unlike the recent ones he had been having, onlythis time it wasn't about the accident several days ago.

Darius, a about a year earlier had his hair short as most boys do. His face was bright, like that of a young child. His eyes were alive he was optimistic. He waited outside of the school for his two friends to meet up with him. After several minutes, Randal and Samantha showed up. Randal was tall and had blonde hair with grey eyes. His face represented that of a gallant knight. It seemed to everyone that he could take anything that came his way. Samantha, also tall, had black hair that was dark as night. She was quiet sometimes, once she was be-friended, she'd put all of her trust in them. Unlike Darius and Randal, she made the boys look very pale, much like a ghost. She also had very dark green eyes. Something was different than what he remembered, Darius realized in his sleep. He heard mumbling, he couldn't hear them speak. He saw them smile and everything snapped back into reality.

Darius sat up very quickly and found that he was sweaty and tears were in his eyes. He wiped his eyes, surprised that they were wet. He looked over and saw Annabelle was still asleep. Just who was she anyways? She seemed to know him, which only made things more eerie. He heaved himself up and planted his feet on the floor quietly as to not wake Annabelle. Darius slipped on his white shirt he had been wearing for a couple days now. Now he really wished he could get a change of clothes and a proper bath. He heard something pattering on the window, he looked over and saw rain dripping down the glass window. The sky was no longer the grey color he had seen earlier, but a ghastly and almost glowing white.

While Darius was staring out the window, he heard Annabelle say, "You're up already?" Darius didn't answer and continued to stare out the window contemplatively. After not getting an answer, she stood up and then said, "How come you never talk? It's kind of scaring me, you could be thinking about a way to kill me or something. Seriously though, I can tel you have something on your mind."

Darius never looking away from the window, explained to her, "I hardly know you. Let's keep it that way. Once Ten is done with this training stuff he talks about, I'm out of here." He didn't say it rudely, but with enough sterness to get his point across. Annabelle understood and walked out of the room to get breakfast before the soldiers took the good food. Darius sighed and wondered when Annabelle would be back.

Ten was already up, dressed, and bathed before even Darius awoke. Ten briskly walked to the Central Hall where meetings were held weekly to discuss political and military issues. Leading officials also were making their way to the meeting. Huge doors greeted the arriving people attending the meeting, not just big doors, but very tall and wide doors. Ten took his seat on the right side of the table. Each person took a seat at the very long table. It wasn't long until everyone was seated. The oldest of them all stood up. Orvil held his hand up and ordered silence.

With his majestic voice he spoke, "Good morning to you all. I believe we have some very important news for you. Master Ten, will you have the honor?"

Ten nodded and stood up saying, "The Dreamers are now here. We will no longer have to be opressed by the Twelfth Guard. Hope is now renewed." Mumbles could be heard and some people sighed with relief. Orvil motioned his hands for Ten to sit back down. Orvil wore a kingly robe with gold buttons. His purple robe was the result of an expert tailor along with a large sum of money. His old face and white beard hung down, much like any other aged person would appear to look like. He then sat down and the meeting continued on.

Annabelle had two plates of pancakes in her hands, which she managed to retrieve from the kitchen while on her kitchen raid. She walked back up to the room Darius was in and opened the door carefully so the plates wouldn't fall. Darius looked up and saw her opening the door. She kicked the door closed behind her and handed him a plate.

Darius took it and sighed, "I guess you want to know who I am then?" Annabelle nodded and Darius began his story from the night he lost everything.

7. allymaly Moogle Assistant

So what made Darius decide to tell Annabelle about himself?

8. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 6

Ten mentionedthe third Dreamer would arrive on Alternate Earth, that Dreamer is Seabastian. He was a tall young man with semi-long blonde hair. His skinny body made him agile and quick on his toes. Though, height weighed out agility. Seabastian's face had a certain charm that many girls would kill for, a lady's man.

Though his looks wouldn't help him in the green and wet forest surrounding him at the present moment. As he walked, the mud squished and made amusing noises. Alert and hastily he looked for a sign of civilization of the new world he was swept. Like Darius, Seabastian was spirited away had been his sleep.

After about an hour of wandering, a large grey slab that looked like the outcrop of a building came into Sebastian's view. He ran for it, he was hungry, cold, and tired of green plants and vines. Hopefully he'd find a warm place to eat and rest. Hopefully.

"Sorry, I didn't know," Annabelle quietly said to Darius. Darius simply shrugged and forgot he told her anything. The rain beat heavilty by now. Annabelle noticed Darius did not feel like talking anymore and sighed and didn't try to push conversation on him. This was something for him to figure out on his own.

Orvil stood and the meeting commenced, "The third Dreamer is here now, I sense it. This is very good for us indeed. Once he arrives, Ten, training will begin immediately. Also, I am aware that Kazumeta's men are gathering in Sector 3, not good. I can't risk sending any men there because the storms and winter this time of year are too harsh for a normal soldier to travel through. Walking in would be suicide, so I have decided to wait until something happens. For all we know, the meeting in Sector 3 could be just a hoax." He sat down and heard the very large and obnoxious doors open. There stood Seabastian. Wet, shivering, and grinning innocently.

"Oh, hi! I'm Seabastian, nice to mee you all," he waved. Ten realized he'd be the class clown, they were usually harder to keep on track. Ten knew he was really in for it.

Ten walked up to him, "Hello Seabastian, my name is Master Ten. Nice to meet you too." Him and Seabastian shook hands. Ten kindly gave his lecture that Annabelle and Darius recieved the previous day.

Darius heard the door open and shot a glance at the opening door. Seabastian stood in the doorway observing the room. Annabelle's mouth dropped and she nearly drooled. Darius rolled his eyes, typical women.

Seabastian waved, "Hi guys!"Darius waved silently back as with Annabelle. Seabastian walked in the room and shook his head like a dog to get the water out of his hair. Darius narrowed his eyes and turned around.

Annabelle finally spoke, "Holy crap man! Sanata got my letter didn't he," still checking Seabastian out. Seabastian raised and eyebrow and winked, big mistake. Darius wanted to avoid any steamy scenes and decided slipping out the room would be a good idea, if Seabastian wasn't in the way. Annabelle still, was checking Seabastian out.

Seabastian sat on the bed, "Darius and Annabelle, right?" Darius and her both nodded. He cocked a slanted smile and noticed Master Ten standing in the doorway.

Ten beckoned them, "Come all of you, training shall now begin. Seabastian, I apologize you can't rest, I'll take it easy on you today." They all stood up obediently, and followed Ten like ducklings following their mother. The walk to the courtyard was unusually long it seemed to the three teenagers. Spirits from the soldiers seemed high, maybe it was because the Dreamers had finally come to redeem the absolute demise Alternate Earth was bound to face. Ten halted in front of the large entrance doors. The pressure pads did the work and opened to doors with no effort on behalf of Ten and his followers.

Once outside, Ten turned to face Darius, Seabastian, and Annabelle. "Children, I know I am rushing you, but bear with me, we live in a dying world. Every day we bite our nails, nervous that the end is just seconds away. This is why we need you three, to restore balance to the working forces ofthis planet," he said with deep urgency, and as if on cue, a fat man carrying three standard longswords used by the soldiers issued them to Darius, Seabastian, and Annabelle. Darius unsheathed the sword and looking at the reflection on the steel of the blade, he knew, he was the one to save them all.

9. allymaly Moogle Assistant

Your second paragraph has "Seabastian, like Darius, was spirited away had been in his sleep." It should either be, "Seabastion, like Darius, had been spirited away in his sleep." or "Seabastion, like Darius, was spirited away in his sleep."

10. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 7

Kazumeta shouldered his ridiculously large, black blade and with menacing red eyes, looked at his right hand man, Trajetis, irritably. Trajetis was a short stout man. He was stocky and pudgy, and at the same time, managed to become the Twelfth Guard's number Eleven. Trajetis never really liked heavy armor like Kazumeta did, so he wore studded leather clothing with a vicous morning star dangling from his waist and a small buckler attached to his left arm. He was bald, so his cold head was turning red from the biting cold. His ugly face had many battle scars slapped on it over the previous years of combat he had been in.

Kazumeta growled over the whistling wind, "Look, I want him alive, does it make sense to have number Twelve serve when he's dead? No..." Kazumeta had lost neraly all of his men due to Ten's wrath. Him, Trajetis, and a handful of followers were the survivors of the Twelfth Guard. They continued to devise the end of Ten, and Fort Centris to rid them of their current problems and frustrations.

Ten had given the children a task, a simple three blow maneuver which was quick and decisive in a sticky situation. Annabelle and Seabastian struggled to grasp this technique while Darius outperformed them both in the course of the day. Ten was very impressed with Darius which struck his interest. He knew when the time came, Darius will slay Kazumeta. Ten though back to his previous combat feats. He had slain nearly all the leaders od the Twelfth Guard in his rage for the loss of his wife and daughter. Ten never used was an elite soldier, he had once been an average father with a child he had helped conceive. Now they were gone, but, he knew Darius would finish his task for Ten's own sake, for Darius' sake, and for the sake of the world.

Annabelle began whining, "this sword sucks, can I get a better one Master? Please?" Annabelle wanted something easier to handle, something she could twirl rather than swing. Ten simply crossed his arms, shook his head, and smiled slighlty. Annabelle sighed an annoying breath and went back to trying to get the three blow technique mastered.

Darius then asked Ten, "Do you think they'll ever get it?" Darius was next tosure of an answer.

Master Ten simply shrugged, "All I can say is, we have a lot of work that needs to be done." Darius sheathed his sword and leaned against the metal wall of Centris. Ten looked over at Darius, "You nkow your two friends, Randal and Samantha? Well, I can see into your reality Darius, I can tell you what goes on while you are away." Darius looked up at him, grinned a little, and thanked him.

Annabelle and Seabastian finally accomplished the three blow move and with enthusiastic cheers, Ten dismissed them back to their sleeping quarters. Things will be slow at first, but better late than never, Ten thought to himself while standing alone in the courtyard.

Later that evening, Darius, Seabastian, and Annabelle were gathered in their room and discussed about normal teen issues. Seabastian was the first to talk, "Do you guys think this is all a dream, I mean, we learned how to use a sword, nobody sword fights normally in real life do they? Not from what I know that is."

Annabelle agreed, "I know, it's weird. Somehow, this feels too real. I couldn't make this up in my head even if I wanted to. Maybe an author is writing our destiny even as we speak." They all looked around the room nervously.

Darius then said after a few moments of silence, "This is real you two. We can't leave unless we figure out what weneed to do here and by judging that Ten ishaving us learn how to use a sword, it must involve killing a bad guy or two." Annabelle and Seabastian nodded their heads and accepted Darius' logical answer.

Annabelle sat on her bed, "We all need to be friends, not that we're stuck in this whole thing, but because it's probably what we need for ourselves." Woman wisecracking was a term Seabastian put in his head after she had said that.

Night soon came around and the three became tired quickly from swinging swords most of the day. They each layed on their beds and sleep soon knocked out Seabastian and Annabelle. Before Darius was taken by sleep, he imagined himself in a big steel room with a four-armed man standing in front of him with four wicked blades in each hand. Darius held a dark sword with angel wings on the hilt and strangely, the image was quite real, too real for just something to be pushed aside and forgotten. Darius would record that in his mental notebok for later use. Sleep then took him over as well.

11. allymaly Moogle Assistant

He can see into reality? That would explain how he knew when the dreamers were getting there.

12. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 8

Annabelle awoke early that morning to the scent of wet dog. She sat up and quizically looked around the room warily. Where's theres a wet dog smell, there was sure to be a dog nearby. Darius and Seabastian were still sleeping soundly in their beds. She gave up and flopped down in the armchair that was postioned next to the foot of the bed where Darius slept. The creaky springs of the chair woke Seabastian up.

He yawned, "Why are you up so early?" He got out of bed and brushed something off his shoulder and Annabelle saw grey strands of hair fall from his shoulder.

Annabelle shrugged and said, "Bad dream, nothing big." Seabastian lookedat her incredulously and dismissed her reply. Darius was now awake and he sat up on his bed. His hair, for some reason, was neat. Not perfectly neat, but neat for somebody who had been sleeping. He ignored the morning greetings he recieved from the other two and stalkedtoward the bathroom to clean the sweat and dirt from a hard, well, previous day's training.

Seabastian had put on cleaner clothes after his trek to Centris, after doing so, he said, to Annabelle, "That guy, he's the quiet type isn't he? Well, he really should speak up, he looks like the kind of guy that could snap somebody in two if he got pissed...," Seabastian fantasized Darius literally ripping a small person in half.

Annabelle replied to Seabastian's comment, "He lost, well, is going to lose his two best friends, I wouldn't say things like that to him," She got up and almost started getting dressed, "Hey! No looking, pervert... I know you already Seabee," she scolded him. He looked at her with a frown and shook his head and wondered if she'd just come up with that or was that what the soldiers called him as he walked in full of mud and drenched. He shrugged and accepted the name and walked out of the room to let her change. Annabelle openedthe door and beckoned him back into the room. Darius had on a new white shirt and dark jeans, and of course, his black hat. He was still steaming from his shower and walked to the window and stared out toward the horizon, the tree line in this case.

Master Ten stepped into the room several minutes later with his golden sword at his waist, "Ready you three?" Darius nodded and pickd up his longsword and belted it to his waist.

Annabelle and Seabastian looked at Ten, Annabelle spoke up to him, "Master Ten, can we pick out a weapon we would like to use, I'm not big on a sword."

He smiled and said, "Of course! Sorry I haven't asked you that before. Follow me then please." He led them to the armory. When Ten pushed the door opem, it was like walking into a lightshow. Different colored metals glinted off each weapon which made it look like Christmas lights. Annabelle and Seabastian eyed each weapon carefully like selecting a fine cuisine off of a five start resturant menu. Seabastian picked up a long, steel katana and examined it. He looked at Master Ten and belted the blade along his back. Annabelle had selected a spear. With it's wooden pole and and its razor-sharp steel tip, she also slung it on her back with the help of leather holsters.

Ten smiled and clapped his hands together, "Darius, I assume you are happy with your weapon." Darius nodded and the four left the armory and headed to the training yard.

The summit of Mount Niss was brutal. These conditions did not falter Kazumeta's advance up the mountain though. Someone was caught eavesdropping on the mission briefing Kazumeta and Trajetis issued to the soldiers. Kazumeta was on the hunt for the individual. They were to be tracked down and killed. If the eavesdropper got away, it could ruin the Tweflth Guard's army morale sixfold. This was not to be the outcome in a war with the Provident Army. Kazumeta finally reached the edge of the summit and saw a Man with long brown hair, holding a white sword, standing on a rock looking straight at him.

Annabelle and Seabastian were much better off withthe weapons they had selected in the armory. Ten was joyful of the improvements Annabelle and Seabastian showed. They had been assigned to spar with each other now. All three of them showed massive progress in the art of combat. It was only a matter of time before they were ready to embark on a journey that would change their lives forever.

Ten kept drilling them with exercises, defensive and offensive techniques, and sparring sessions. He watched them for the hours that they were training. He remembered the day he arrived at Centris, he had just escaped the evil grasp Kazumeta had on him. His soon-to-be wife died that day while caught in the cross-fire of Kazumeta's fury. Ten promised himself vengence, but he knew the Dreamers would be the ones to carry it out. His part has been played here, all he had to do was pass his knowledge onto them. It seemed like a fair deal to him. It would be a very short time until he would extract his vengence on Kazumeta and the hell he left in his wake.

13. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 9

Kazumeta had his eyes locked on Daemon, "You're supposed to be dead. Why the hell aren't you in your grave?" Kazumeta drew his big claymore and pointed it at Daemon.

Daemon chuckled and drew his blade in response, "My friend, why so hostile? Is this the kind of reunion I get for being gone so long?" Daemon's skinny white blade was almost invisible in the snowy surroundings, "After all, Darius is finally here, my other half. You could call him my little brother, only that he holds the same blood as I do and thanks to you and Ten, the transferrence of my cells unto an unborn fetus proved successful. Bravo I say!"

Kazumeta gestured and said, "An experiment shall obey his master." With that being said, Kazumeta charged toward Daemon and they began to fight among the summit of Mount Niss.

Darius stepped into the Dreamer's sleeping quarters where Annabelle and Seabastian waited. Darius took a seat on his bunk and rubbed his eyes. They all talked for hours on end. Discussing how they were spirited onto Alternate Earth. Darius remained silent, for he had nothing to say. Annabelle and Seabastian didn't seem to notice he was there. Such a cute couple, it's a shame they aren't dating right now, Darius thought to himself. He decided to slip out ofthe room and leave them alone, which he managed to do. Darius shut the door behind him quietly. So far they didn't notice he left, and to Darius' benefit, they probably didn't care. He explored the elaborate hallways of Centris. The building was a housing, military, and political unit. Many facilities like Centris were placed through out the country.
    After walking the empty halls, Darius decided to take a stroll outside. He made his way to the courtyard and perched himself upon a bench. He closed his eyes and began to think. He thought about Randy and Samantha, how they were in the hospital in their comatose state. He remembered prom the year before.
    Samantha and Darius were at the food stand getting food for they had been hungry since they left for prom.

Kazumeta had his eyes locked on Daemon, "You're supposed to be dead. Why the hell aren't you in your grave?" Kazumeta drew his big claymore and pointed it at Daemon.

Daemon chuckled and drew his blade in response, "My friend, why so hostile? Is this the kind of reunion I get for being gone so long?" Daemon's skinny white blade was almost invisible in the snowy surroundings, "After all, Darius is finally here, my other half. You could call him my little brother, only that he holds the same blood as I do and thanks to you and Ten, the transferrence of my cells unto a unborn fetus proved successful. Bravo I say!"

Kazumeta gestured and said, "An experiment shall obey his master." With that being said, Kazumeta charged toward Daemon and they began to fight among the summit of Mount Niss.

Darius stepped into the Dreamer's sleeping quarters where Annabelle and Seabastian waited. Darius took a seat on his bunk and rubbed his eyes. They all talked for hours on end. Discussing how they were spirited onto Alternate Earth. Darius remained silent, for he had nothing to say. Annabelle and Seabastian didn't seem to notice he was there.
    Such a cute couple, it's a shame they aren't dating right now, Darius thought to himself. He decided to slip out of the room and leave them alone, which he managed to do. Darius shut the door behind him quietly. So far they didn't notice he left, and to Darius' benefit, they probably didn't care. He explored the elaborate hallways of Centris. The building was a housing, military, and political unit. Many facilities like Centris were placed through out the countryside.
    After walking the empty halls, Darius decided to take a stroll outside. He made his way to the courtyard and perched himself upon a bench. He closed his eyes and began to think. He thought about Randy and Samantha, how they were in the hospital in their comatose state. He remembered prom the year before.
    Samantha and Darius were at the food stand getting food for they had been hungry since they left for prom. Darius was laughing and conversing with Sam and having a good time. Randal finally showed up in a very nice suit. He wore a dark blue vest with a fresh, red rose on next to his red tie. He looked brilliant overall with his black dress shoes. Darius felt a bit cheap as he looked as his button up, striped shirt. Appearance never mattered to the three anyways.
    After a few minutes after Randal arrived, the trio went to dance it off under strobe-lights and disco-balls. Smiles and laughter lightened Darius' heavy thoughts and allowed him to enjoy himself again. The three danced until the slow music came on. Darius hadsomething he wanted to give to Samantha. He half ran to his car he had been driving at the time. He poppedthe trunk and brandished a beautiful boquet of white roses. Darius wrote his name to Samantha from Darius. Even though it was a weird way to ask somebody out, it seemed legit enough. Darius began to walk back to the gym where the dancing was being held, he turned into the door, and saw Randal and Samantha locking lips.

Darius eyes snapped opened as he felt a hand jerk his shoulder. Darius, you alright?" Seabastian looked down at him. He sat up, and without a word, walked back inside. Still lost in his mental daze, nothing seemed real to him. Locked inside his own little world, he walked back up to the room and planted himself in front of the mirror. He looked into the reflection and saw his eyes now had a maroon color to them and his pupils shaped that of a cat's. Staring long and hard, he looked back at his reflection. What was happening to him, he did not know.

14. allymaly Moogle Assistant

When you went to add to your previous comment, it doubled what you already had instead of just adding onto it. You may want to fix it to avoid confusion.

15. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 10

Stars shined over Centris that night, the night birds sang ballads amongst the darkness. All seem calm until a black shape came running down a trail the soldiers walked on. The shape ran swiftly through the dark, almost as if it were chasing something. Here and there is halted to raise its head and look around for a faster route. Finally it came to a clearing. A wolf with golden fur stared at a tall girl standing by a small pond that was present on the clearing. The girl turned around to face the golden haired wolf and held her hand out. The beast simply froze in place and stared.

The girl said with a soft voice, "Seabastian, It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Darius awoke to a sound of a howl of an animal. He got up quickly and looked out the window, then at Annabelle who was still deep asleep, and of course, snoring. Since he decided he needed to investigate, he got on normal clothes, put his black hat on, and strapped his sword to his waist. Unfortunately, Annabelle woke up to the sounds of the clank of his sword.

She mumbled, "What are you doing, and where's Seabastian?" She sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

Darius tightened the sword belt, " I don't know, but I'm going to find out. Want to come?" She yawned and sluggishly nodded and got out of bed. She slipped on a jacket and put the spear holster on her back slowly and clumsily. After a couple minutes of waiting, Darius slowly opened the door and walked quietly to avoid waking anybody up. They were standing by the entrance when they heard another howl, this time more high-pitched.
    Annabelle asked Darius, "I wonder if Seabastian has something to do with this, don't you?" Without answering, Darius tried to push the large metal doors open. They didn't budge. Darius took a couple steps back and looked up and looked for a window or something he could jump through.

He finally found a window that was open and turned to Annabelle, "I'm going to jump through that window." Before she could ask what the hell he was talking about, she was grabbed by the waist and Darius jumped up through the ten foot high window. He landed as light as a cat and set down Annabelle. Though before she could be dumbfounded, he was jogging through the courtyard. She ran after him trying to keep up.

Darius followed the path until he reached the clearing, his new eyes gave him the ability to see in the dark. Annabelle was stumbling over plants and vines, but she managed to keep behind him. They heard another howl, and this time it was much closer. Darius kept looking back to make sure Annabelle hadn't fallen behind. He figured he would make sure to look since she can't see in the dark.

Once they finally arrived at the clearing, nothing seemed amiss. Until a golden wolfen figure came darting out of some brush to the left of Darius and Annabelle. It sat down in front of them and wagged its tail. Annabelle knelt down to pet it. Darius looked up from the wolf Annabele was petting and saw another one, completely black, standing at the edge of the pond and staring at him. It barked and panted like it was happy and Darius looked at it suspiciously. It walked up to him and planted itself by his feet and lifted its paw.
    After much debate, he took its paw and suddenly, he found himself spinning out of control and inducing a terrible vertigo. all he could see were colors of all shades swirling and twirling. He shut his eyes, and opened them a moment later. He found himself looking at a snowy valley below him. He looked at his feet and saw that he was standing on a mountain top. The jet-black wolf stood beside him and began to trot down a small path, Darius followed it. It seemed to know it where it was going.

Daemon jumped back from Kazumeta and laughed, "They're here, there is nothing you can do now. Run, Kazumeta, he will finally see who you are." His body seemed to take a distorted shape and he dissappeared with a flash of light. Kazumeta gripped his sword tighter and realized it was too late, Darius and the wolf stood about fifteen feet away.

16. allymaly Moogle Assistant

I don't know if you should have told us that Seabastion is a werewolf yet. You could have made it seem like Darius was one, or even Annabelle.

17. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 11

"You... He was right," Kazumeta hissed under his breath, "You look just like him." Darius stood there, lost for words. He could barely hear Kazumeta under that howling of the biting wind. Darius looked at the massive wolf standing by him, its head standing to the top of his shoulder.
    The wolf spoke, "Such a charming young man isn't he?" Darius looked at the wolf, dumbfounded. It had the voice of a young girl, roughly his age, "It's quite too bad, Kazumeta, he's going to destroy you when the time comes. I know this because Ten, Orvil, and not to mention, Silia the arch-angel have told me this." The wolf seemed to grin tauntingly.
    Kazumeta crossed his arms, "Is that right, Larci? If I remember correctly, Silia was slain by Number Two, Trajetis. Also, if you want to lie to me, prepare yourself to drown in your blood." Larci shook her head like a dog and snorted mockingly.
    With a flash of white light, Darius was standing back in the pond where he first saw the wolf-girl thing.
    Annabelle shouted, "Darius! What happened? Are you hurt?"
    Darius shook his head, "No, but it seems that I'm famous around here. Turns out there's a man named Kazumeta that seems to be connected to us somehow. That wolf-girl, she seems to know what we got ourselves into. Also," Darius looked at the wolf with golden fur, "I think that wolf is Seabastian. Somehow he must have been turned into that."
    Annabelle looked at Seabastian sitting between them and looked up at them, "You really think so?" She kneeled down looked at the wolf, "Seabastian?" His ears perked up and he wagged his tail. Annabelle stood up and nodded her head.
    Darius sighed a breath of relief and looked at the sky. The moon's red molten core was visible. Like a large meteor grazed it and took a large chunk of the moon with it on the meteor's collision course.
    Darius studied it for a short while and looked at Seabastian, "We should go back and tell Master Ten about this in the morning." They all walked back to Fort Centris, having a sense of duty in their step along the way.

Kazumeta stood in front of a very large gate. The gate was very large, with doors nearly five feet thick. a symbol was carved on the front of the gate which depicted a shape a pentagram with two angels standing on the left and right sides. Holding out their hands as if they were preaching.
    Kazumeta then spoke, "I will free all of your tormented minions and prisoners, Sonvorix." He turned around and walked back toward the rendevouz point in Sector 3.
    Upon arrival, Trajetis looked in Kazumeta's direction, "Did you catch the eavesdropping scum?" Kazumeta merely shook his head and ordered him and his troops back to base. He felt a sense of uneasiness, Daemon's alternate form seemed to brim with the same power he once possessed while he still walked this planet. If what Larci said was true, his plan for the destruction of Alternate Earth would never become true. Not succeeding would spell disaster for the demented residents locked behind the Angel's Gate. It would do every unhappy soul a favor by freeing them, and destroying this planet to skip the spirit life process and head straight to the afterlife. A pointless redemption nothing to set foot in the alternate reality deserved.
    Nothing will escape his path of retribution. Not after he was doomed to rot in a mentally insane asylum. But, with his dark magic he escaped. He gave root to a plan to free Sonvorix and destroy every spirit being who took everything away from him. His pride, his amibtions, his friends, even his lost love.

Later that same day Darius and Annabelle found Seabastian as a beast, the three explained what had happened the previous night as best as they could. Darius had a little trouble explaining his side of the story since it happened too quiickly for him to assess full details. Ten explained to them the black-haired girl was actually Orvil's daughter who would take the throne upon his death. She was currently hired as an assassin and a bounty hunter to cut down Provident resistance. Her loyalty to the king was unmatched. The other servants admired her perseverance and willpower. The Provident Amry had several of these indispensable allies, but the three Dreamers were the most valuable of all.
    Ten finished his story with a long sigh, "So you see, Larci, and you three are priceless to our cause. Also, training will resume today, so get your things ready, I will meet you in the courtyard." The three buckled on their weapon holsters and walked out to the courtyard where Ten waited for them.
    He smiled, "Glad you could join me today. Now, I must teach you in the art of elemental magic," Ten cracked his knuckles looked up atthe white sky, "the three most common forms of magic are the based on the four elements proposed bythe Greeks. Fire, wind, earth, and air. Now, each of these elements can only be used by touching certain emotions in your heart. Fire connects to anger, wind is connected to joy and happiness, water relates to sadness and despair, and earth represents deermination and your power of will."
    "These are the basic combat magic. There is a huge scale of types of magic that can be used, and new magic is still being discovered today. That is what makes Kazumeta so powerful, he has the power to create and renew his emotions so he can achieve the upper hand."
    Seabastian, puzzled, said, "How can you use it? do you just say your angry and flames will shoot from your hands or something? I don't get it."
    Ten chuckled and shook his head, "No Seabastian. You must feel the emotion. I'm pretty sure you all have dealt with those four emotions. So recalling them and feeling them is not the issue," He snapped his fingers and a small gust of wind came rushing by, "You need to know when your feeling the emotion, a memory of some kind will trigger the magic and will do whatever you tell it to."
    Darius looked atthe grass,"Hwo do you know what memory will make it work?"
    Ten looked at him, "You will nkow once you are casting a spell. Now, I want you three to show me a display of one of the four types of magic I taught you." Darius, Seabastian, and Annabelle stood up and stepped back in case they froze or burned Master Ten to death or something strange.
    They tried and succeeded multiple times before Ten stopped them, "Excellent! That was better than I expected. Darius, come with me for a moment." Darius interrupted his magic exercises and followed Ten who stood by the pond in the courtyard.
    Ten put a hand on his shoulder and smiled, "You know those friends of yours back on normal Earth? Well, they are going to make a full recovery."

18. allymaly Moogle Assistant

This is getting really good. You have a longer chapter with more detail and the plot is getting deeper.

19. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 12

Several weeks have passed since Darius' encounter with Kazumeta. Ten mastered them in the art of combat, magic, survival, and marksmanship. Dariuss Seabastian, and Annabelle became experts with their weapons of choice. The three became a tight knit trio of friends. Seabastian hadn't had any of the forced transformations since then. It was confirmed that a full moon, a red molten moon in this case, would force him to change. He was taught to control his metamorphasis ability. Annabelle took up the art of healing magic, which was normal for the women fighters in the army. They would soon be briefed for their first mission.
    On a rainy Thursday afternoon, Master Ten rounded up the three and spoke, "All right, today is the day we finally proceed on our first mission together. I am confident in your skills now and I have a feeling that this will be easy for the three of you. Now, come, Sergio Ruddelsvick is going to brief you on your mission today." Annabelle and Seabastian shot each other warm smiles while Darius smirked a confident smile. They were led to the mission briefing room, where Sergio stood over a table with a map of the world on it. On that map rested blocks that represented ally and enemy personnel and they were being moved according to military strategies.
    Sergio was a tall, but thin man in his late 20's. He had very short blonde hair with green eyes that burned intensly. A big rifle was slung on his back and a butterfly knife at his hip. He was in the camoflauge uniform the soldiers wore. His hard face was expressionless.
    He looked up and made a small grin, "Well look who we have here, new recruits to pick on. Anyways, Master Ten, you are to take these three to the Valley of the Depths. There you will find my infantrymen, they will tell you exactly what needs to be done. With that being said, good luck and move out." Ten and Sergio saluted and Darius and his friends followed Ten to the entrance of the front gate.
    "The Valley of the Depths is west of Centris, it's about a seven hour walk, so keep up," Ten said.
    Annabelle whined her notorious whine, "Why do we have to walk so far?"
    Ten chuckled, "Just to torture you." They began their long trek west.

Samantha and Randal had recovered from their accident and were now on their feet. They resumed their normal lives, but with one thing was amiss. They remembered nothing of Darius. A player from the basketball team Darius had once played on mentioned his absence to Randal, and Randal had no idea who Darius was.
    The basketball player said, "How do you not remember who he was? He was your best friend. I think you are suffering amnesia dude."
    Randal gave him a strange look, "No, the doctor said I had no head injuries. Only neck injuries, same with Samantha. I don't know who this Darius guy is." The basketball player gave up and walked away. Samantha stood next to Randal and said, "I still remember this person. I wonder if that's the guy he was talking about." Randal jut shrugged and they walked back home to continue with their everyday business.

After about four hours of walking, Ten heard a noise in the think trees of the forest. It was a metal clink. Ten looked at his students and whispered, "Seabastian, can you see, hear, or smell anything unusual in those trees?" Seabastian simply nodded to be quiet and transformed into his wolf form and began scanning the area. Ten, Darius, and Annabelle drew their weapons slowly and quietly in hopes that if the noise was from an enemy, they wouldn't be discovered. Seabastian stepped on a twig and gunfire erupted from the brush and the four took cover behind a think log. They were lucky to react swift enough.
    Ten shouted over the barks of the guns, "Whatever you do, don't expose yourself, you might get killed!" He closed his eyesand his sword glowed an eeire purple color and he threw it over the log. The magic he imbued into it made it rotate like a boomerang and it wiped out the soldier that hid in the trees. Once all the soldiers were dead, Ten's sword flew back into his hand and he sheathed it.
    Seabastian turned back into a human and gawked, "How did you do that?"
    Ten cracked his knuckles, "Very carefully young Seabastian. but, this dosn't look good... I think enemy soldiers took over the military camp if they are here...," He went over and pulled a soldiers body into the open, "If this is the case, we can't go in there. We need to contact home base." Ten pulled a small black device from the pocket of his leather soldier uniform. He stated their situation and stated his callsign and put the walky-talky object back in his pocket.
    "Do you think we should find somewhere to safely camp for the night Master," Darius asked Ten.
    "Yeah, I suggest leave the forest, there may be more enemy troops in the area. Come on." They all followed him quickly to escape further enemy threat.

20. allymaly Moogle Assistant

First paragraph a couple lines in, you made the mistake

Dariuss Seabastian, and Annabelle