No Thanks Adding Reputation limit for Premium

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Noroz, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

But I only got past 500 after I reached Premium. I mean, even if you don't post as much as I did before Premium, I didn't reach 500 till a while back. Although once I reached 500 it went up a little faster

2. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Then, frankly, I don't think you shouldn't have received premium before you got 500 rep, hence this suggestion.

Also, I had over 1,000 rep before I had 1,000 posts. Getting rep isn't hard if you have good posts.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

too each his own is all I'm gonna say.
    And people say good posts, but isn't that just opinion? I mean, someone could have a good post, but just because people on the site don't figure it is, it's ocnsidered bad. Maybe we should rethink the term "good psot"

4. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

No. Good, per definition is "To be desired or approved of."

If people enjoy a post enough, they rep it. Of course you consider your own post good, you posted it! Rep has nothing to do with what you consider good, it depends on what others think is good. Good is what other people think is good, you can't rethink that, that's not how it works.

The definition of good is not the point with this suggestion; the idea is that post count shouldn't be the only factor in which to receive premium.

Take Britishism, for example, he is "KH-Vids Legend" with 270 posts. Does he deserve Prem when he hits 1,000 posts? Yes, because he has obviously contributed in a good way.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm not saying anything about you considering your post is good. After all, even I know some of my posts are bad. But what I mean is maybe a post could be well thought out or whatever, and yet people might find it bad, just because it doesn't agree with them. It's just that majority always takes over everything. I personally think there could be someone with maybe even 60 rep, and they could deserve premium just for what they've contributed. A person isn't deserving of Premuim just from his high rep. I think that maybe people think about rep more than what it really is.

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I wouldn't say Reputation should be a deciding factor in how a person obtains priviledges, unless it's done with caution. Posting is a personal choice and allows for premium to be obtained through personal merits. So it works, even if it's bare bones and can be exploited.

So maybe adding a small reputation requirement would be okay. But adding some exaggerated amount like 1,000 would just make things too taxing. Because you can't please everyone with your words, and the last thing we would want is reserved or serious people to start acting like clowns or street performers just to gain some reputation.

So I agree on having a requirement as long as it's not impossibly high, because other people's perceptions are important. But not as important as personal merit that isn't bound by the whims of others.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

this sums up a good amount of what I was trying to say

8. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

I myself arrived when there was no requirements to be a premium. So I am leaning towards no rep requirement. I mean look at Wheel Of Time. He is a premium, he is a great guy, but look at his rep! He has been here five years and only has two rep gems. I mean I see why you would want to prevent spam posting, but still. I myself think people who deserve the title of premium would be unfairly missing out.

That's my opinion, I am sure some agree and some disagree.

9. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

That's a matter of opinion. If you think someone deserves premium and, say they only have 60 rep, that doesn't mean others share the same view. How would you then gauge who and who doesn't deserve premium? It becomes too complicated. Having a minimal rep requirement that isn't too easy to get makes it fair. If they aren't getting rep then they should go to a section that is known to be generous in giving.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Having a minimal rep requirement makes it fair? That's not true. What about people that got Premium when they didn't need rep. Does that mean that they got premium unfairly just because they might not have had a higher rep? I don't think something should be decided on rep just because it shows people agree with them. 1000 posts seems hard enough for some people, and if that doesn't seem good enough, why not raise the post count for premium? And unfortunately for some people you can't find a section that's generous in giving rep. There is no section that's generous in giving rep. There are people that are generous, but no section. And even those people might only be generous to people that they've either gotten to know or just agree with all the time. You could go to the nicest place on here for rep, and you could still get nothing. The problem with making rep a requirement is that you might never be agreed with on this site, and that could keep you from reaching premium. Premium is a small benefit, but it's still something, and you could be keeping people from getting that benefit with this rep requirement

11. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Not fair? Why are changes not fair? People needed 1,000 rep before to get to premium. The ones who became premium under that requirement, only for it to later be removed, is that fair? According to your logic, no.

The Spam-section is generous.

Premium is exactly a small benefit indeed, so why should I, if all I did was post things that people didn't find interesting nor entertaining be rewarded? In my opinion, it's rather stupid - With that logic, you reward nothing but potential spam. However, add the rep, and that is fixed.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

this is why I try not to voice my opinion in text. I suck at it. Whatever, I'm just gonna go to the sidelines and see how this plays out

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

But that, in a sense, is isolating members who don't post in the spam zone. And is it fair to isolate them just because they don't go to the spam zone but make rep appropriate posts but few people will see it?
    It's not fair, plain, simple.

Incorrect, mate. I believe I've had constant good points over the years, but it doesn't mean they get noticed or are repped. You can only rep a member multiple times after repping other people first, which doesn't mean that you're going to be able to promote good posts unless you either ignore it altogether or you give random posts rep. The rep system is flawed that's why it shouldn't be considered, in my opinion, for Premium members.

Now I agree that fundamentally with Aqua in that the rep system is just a system that says, 'I agree with that opinion or I agree with at humour' it doesn't necessarily promote what is good or right, but what is popular opinion. Someone's joke or point could be clear, correct and well thought through, but if it's something that goes against someone's thoughts or beliefs it will derepped.
    I've been derepped for not liking a game before, doesn't mean I was wrong, but it does mean that someone didn't like what I had to say.

14. Chevalier Crystal Princess

100 Reputation points you mean. It's never been 1,000. And let me tell you all right now that 1,000 is excessive and will probably never happen unless the use of reputation changes drastically.

Because people can be whimsical. As a member, the only thing you can do with yourself is trying to be good and post, be around, ect. You cannot control the influx of reputation unless -as you said- you go to the spamzone and do something that members find entertaining. Being honest, making quality posts other than the spam zone will not get you much reputation.

I think the only real silly thing would be placing too much emphasis on reputation as a means to gain premium membership. Because as I said before, you can't place members entirely at the mercy of others--when it is their effort that should get them the most reward.

As a note, even with adding reputation, it can be easily exploited if you have friends who can mass rep you. Which has happened in the past. Just in the same way that 1,000 posts can lead to potential spam, and what not.

15. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

He only posts in the code vault. Which proves what I said before.

And it is only easy to get tons of posts in the code vault if you spam questions or put out codes every three seconds. I boosted my post count by like 500 that day simply because I hacked 6+ games and members tested and had a discussion. That is pure activity.

And let it be known that the fact that rep is low in the code vault isn't really an excuse not to bump up a rep requirement, because if you don't care about rep, you shouldn't care about a rep requirement.

16. C This silence is mine

I am going to be honest and say: I only read the two first pages of this thread, but I still want to give in my two cents: HELL ****ING NO! Why should rep be included? Do you know where people get rep? It's certainly not the contributing posts, it's the stupid posts in the Spam Zone. It would be entirely pointless to do this, as basically all rep is gained when you are not contributing. So this doesn't work, it won't make people post more "meaningful" posts, it will just make them have a lot of stupid posts in the spam zone as well. This is a stupid idea and it only makes you seem like a facist. You, Noroz. Facist. You. Be ashamed.

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

The spamzone is a common place to get rep but not the only place. I have been repped outside of the spamzone for a meaningful post before. And you can not tell me that you haven't. What I see here is just a negative generalization towards rep as a whole. Not everyone is like that.

18. C This silence is mine

That's why I said basically all, versus all. And you are lying if you think it's any other way. Alright, let's put it this way: One member only contributes to the forum (as in, not posting in the Spam Zone), all of their posts are contributions to the community. Another person makes the same amount as posts as the first guy, but all of them are just random jokes in the spam zone. Who do you think would have the most rep? It's not a generalisation to say that most rep comes from the spam zone, it's the truth. Look at Kam Sage, for example. He made lots of great posts, but he had fairly low rep. When did this change? When he started posting in the spam zone.

19. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

So you're saying spam zone posts aren't contributing to KHV?

20. C This silence is mine

A lot of the time, not really. Have you seen how many times people just post "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ____ again." and it's just a reply to a gif? That the person didn't make? They are contributing to a fun factor, but if a person is good at telling jokes, or posting gifs, shouldn't really be a factor when becoming a premium member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.