Awaiting Feedback Add Support for Latin Characters and Symbols

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Reduces the hassle of having to copy and paste from other sites for Spanish words with accents, for example. It could be added as a dropdown menu in the editor, perhaps even to the already-existing Insert dropdown; when clicked, the special characters or symbols would be added to the editor.

For the symbols, here's a screenshot from Wikipedia. I can agree not all of those would likely be of use here. The only ones I can personally see being useful are the tilde, the measurements, the en-dash, the em-dash, and perhaps even the arrows for signature styling or something.

Symbols.PNG

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I use the en/em-dashes all the time so I would appreciate the functionality. RP boards would prolly be thankful for the random symbols too SRY ILU ALL

3. Shuhbooty moon child

I agree I would appreciate this function also (for the RP reasons). :p

4. Solana Moogle Assistant

Thankfully if I want to type an accent I only need to hold down the letter on the keyboard and the accents will pop up, so I and maybe some others don't have trouble with that. But besides the en/em-dashes (y'all are true writers, I didn't know there was a difference till I googled it just now) I don't see how some of those other symbols would be used frequently enough to be needed quick access? But that's me.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Any feedback from staff on this? It would be wonderful to not have to go to hell and gone to get the symbols. (Obviously, I'm exaggerating, LOL, as you can just do a Google search for "em-dash" or "en-dash," for example, but still.)

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

The other day I learned that you can hold the alt key and type 0150 for an en-dash and 0151 for an em-dash. There are other alt codes as well, so this probably isn't as "urgent" anymore.