Accents.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Glen, Oct 14, 2011.

1. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I'll jump on the bandwagon with the English and Aussie-accent lovers here, but I also like German accents. I have an uncle who lives in Saarbruken (I believe that's how it's spelled....) and I love it whenever he calls the family because I get to hear him talk in that accent, and he always adds a "no" to the end of everything. Like, "It's finally starting to warm up over here, no?"

I'm from New England, and I actually can't stand my own accent. I sound weird. I don't live in Bah-stahn, I live in Boh-ston. I'm not going to the pahk, I'm going to the park. I'm having a beer, not a beah.

I'll have to demonstrate sometime, I guess.

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I just enjoy languages in general, so I don't have a favorite accent. As for my accent, everyone says I either talk like I'm from England or New York, which is wierd, since I've never been to either place. lol, Total strangers have asked me if I'm from those two places, like once this guy in taco bell was dead sure that I was from New York because of the way I ordered my burrito.

3. Kayate King's Apprentice

Accents are awesome
    I love the English accent, it's so adorable.
    And mixed with Kelly's natural adorableness it's even more awesome.

I also like the Australian accent - I mean, who doesn't?

4. Glen Returned from the dead

I'm not too fond of mine really..it disturbs me.

5. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

Personally, I like almost every accent there is. There's one exception though, I hate the all-around spanish accent of South America. I once went to Chile and the people sounded weird... no offense, chileans. I also adore the Argentine accent, and I'm proud of having it >:3

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

All accents are sexy, imho.

But seriously, I think my favorite accent is a Norwegian one. Or really, just Scandinavia in general. I find them adorable <3
    Makes me happy that my third languange is/will be Norwegian.

I used to really like British accents as well, but I hear it so much nowadays, it's just kinda a normal thing to me.

7. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

It is like this in parts of Canada as well, although perhaps to a lesser degree. Where I am, in southern Ontario, our accent is kind of similar to someone in the northern US (the more north you go in Ontario, the more "howsit goin, eh?" it gets). But there are subtle differences from province to province. One of the most distinct is the Newfoundland accent. I have a friend from Newfoundland, and a lot of people can't understand him when he talks in full-out Newfoundland slang. He says that when he goes to the US, some people mistake him for being Irish. I went to Prince Edward Island over the summer, and they also have a distinct accent, but definitely not as "out there" as a Newfoundland accent.

My favourite accents are probably Kiwi accents, pretty much all of Scandinavia, the Yorkshire accent, Irish and Scottish accents, and when Quebecers speak English. All of them make me giggly. :3

8. Kayate King's Apprentice

I want to know what kind of accent I have. I've noticed with most people, they can't hear their own accent.
    D:

9. Tienewman Like A Boss

a girl with a thick Scottish accent is the ****.

Irish is a close second.

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I love a redneck accent. It, by default, makes any intelligent argument given seem like the hating of communists regimes.

I also love South African, they sound like they have experience in everything manly and tough, and wild. Makes me melt.

Canadian accents are like American-light. They take out the loudness of America, and replace it with an 'eh' instead. Genius.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hm... Hard to say I'm romantically or carnally attracted to any accents. I definitely like a score of them, for different reasons. Japanese is excellent for over-the-top theatrics; the rough and straight-laced German lends itself well to military situations. Depending on the variety of Spanish, I find it rather pleasant to the ear. I like most European accents, truth be told. Also a big fan of Cajun, probably one of my favorites. I know one person from Trinidad with an accent like none I've heard, she's a delight to listen to.

But if you wanna talk about what's sexy, that's a person-by-person basis. Some people are sexy, not some accents. You talk however you want, and as long as you know what to do with your vocal chords to make spines shiver and hairs stand on end, it'll come out in your voice.

12. Daydreamer

I too have a fondness for Glaswegian Scottish accents for some reason. I could listen to people speak with this accent it all day, even if I can't understand what they're saying.

13. pipedownandlisten Destiny Islands Resident

I absolutely love British, Scottish, and Spanish accents. I can pull off a pretty decent British accent (so I've been told). And I also like French and Russian. And even Canadian!

14. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Love me some Irish and Scandinavian accents. I really like some American accents as well (Don't ask me from which region cause I don't know).

15. Mysty Unknown

I will have to say my absolute favorite accent is the Russian accent. So very, different.

16. jafar custom title

Israeli accents.

and I'm not saying that because i'm Israeli or anything no siree.

17. Trigger hewwo uwu

Oh man, I absolutely love French, Swedish, and Russian accents. Sometimes I wish I had an older friend who was Russian just so I could always have a big, burly man with a Russian accent around. That'd make my life so perfect.

I actually love Australian accents on girls with soft spoken, cute voices. Something about it just makes my heart melt.

One accent I can't stand is Jamaican accents, but it might just be the way they talk. :x

18. Mish smiley day!

What is it about Irish accents that makes them so irresistible? /swoon

I'm not a lover of my accent; if only I was born a few hundred miles to the South, it'd be much better..

19. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh goodness, I melt when I hear British, Irish, Scottish, and Italian accents~ *o*​

20. SORA! Gummi Ship Junkie

My favorite accent is Irish or Austrilian :) Love those :P

Some American's accents get under my skin, Like the southern woman on CSI.

I have a scottish one and think scottish people have quiet a manly accent so I do like it much :/