Absent Sillouhette Marluxia

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by CloakedThunder, May 29, 2015.

1. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I can handle his first set of attacks fine, but I am struggling to counter his second and third set of attacks. Also I cant seem to activate reaction commands in second phase of the battle.

Using the decisive pumpkin keyblade and have a lot of the air and ground combo abilities equipped as well as the berserk ability. Been trying to defeat him for awhile now.

2. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

When I first defeated him, I think I was around level 75-80. If you want more of a challenge, you can be at a lower level. However, the hit counter Marluxia inflicts upon you matches your level, meaning that the most hits you can take is 99 (at level 99).

I would not recommend the berserk ability for this battle. Using the Decisive Pumpkin, I can see what you are going for, but the increased stagger and damage of full finishers helped me deplete his health much more quickly.

Marluxia is predictable in some instances. For example, having fought him many times, you may have noticed he will only tolerate so many combo strikes before he dashes away in a petal cloud and reappears to begin a slashing combo on you. If you do not react quickly enough, he will catch you in a long series of strikes. However, if you use your combo and wait for him to teleport, begin dodge rolling or super-gliding away immediately and he will miss on his retaliating slash almost every time. Try to add strong finisher abilities to the end of your combos for additional damage. Also, try to use ground combos solely as best as you can. Using air combos leaves you open for an easy retaliation series that you won't be able to avoid if Marluxia counters in the middle of your combo.

Also, when he performs the attack in which he hovers over you and summons columns of energy from the ground to wound you, if you use the super-glide technique for the duration of the attack and move in clockwise circles throughout the arena at neither the center nor the very edge, most will miss.

I rarely made use of the reaction command. While it restores some of your hit counter, the window for it is small and the punishment you will receive for dallying is too severe. I decided that rather than attacking with reckless savagery and hoping to restore lost hit counter points, I focused on taking as few hits as possible and learning his attacks well enough to avoid as many as I could.

I also added Reflectga to a shortcut button. If you prefer, you can wait until Marluxia is using the technique in which he speeds about the ground using his scythe like a buzz-saw. If you use Reflectga, the recoil from the spell will damage him as well. Sometimes quite severely. You can try this with other attacks, such as his retaliating slashes, but I found that I prefer patience over speed and usually dodged and awaited the next opening for combo strikes, saving Reflectga for later in the fight.

I first won this battle with Oblivion, but I later preferred Ultima, as the MP restoration speed boost is helpful as well. I eventually got so efficient at the battle I used Marluxia's data battle to farm all the Lost Illusions I needed at end-game for synthesis. I usually finished the battle with 40+ left on the hit counter with no restoration from the reaction command.

Lastly, if I recall Donald and Goofy are accessible in this battle, unlike some other Org fights. I loaded them up with healing items. The more they use, the less you have to worry about healing yourself during the battle. They are not flawless in their item tossing, but it can still be helpful. I think you can buy several dozen Hi-potions for just a few thousand munny in Radiant Garden. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  3. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks for the great advice :) it was really helpful, finally defeated him. The advice about the berserk ability and saving reflectga until the end of the battle as well as the fact you had to glide clockwise really helped me in the battle even though I might of been slightly under levelled ( level 68). I wasn't able to use the ultima keyblade as I haven't unlocked it yet ( might get it before trying the data battles).

4. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

No problem. Glad I could help. Best of luck with the other Organization battles. ​