Abortion

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Styx, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

i feel that abortion should be allowed under certain circumstances only, like when a woman is raped or her life is in danger because of the baby. anyway, abortion is not a bad thing despite what some ppl think

2. Nuff' Said Banned

This I can agree with. Also orphanages would be packed when orphanages these days in my point of view is a slightly more funded africa

3. Daydreamer

I believe the choice to have a baby or not should be left to the parents/birthmother. Forcing an adult otherwise is a crime. If you want someone to become responsible after getting pregnant, help them by letting them make their own decision.

So let's say you have an unplanned pregnancy, and decide to have this baby and care for it. I think that's wonderful, but remember the things you would be giving up for this baby; ponder whether or not your ready for this responsibility. Would you rather have your child later in life well prepared?

If your choice is, "I don't want this baby but I'm considering adoption," it will be your responsibility to find a permanent loving home for your child. Not leaving it on the doorsteps of an adoption center, for it to become yet another unwanted child without a home.

4. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

I'd just like to add that the debate is fundamentally flawed because no one can agree on when exactly life begins. If that agreement existed, this argument would not exist.

5. T3F Chaser

Abortion should be the choice of the person having the baby, thats final. I actually dont see any problem at all with getting an abortion, it is totally reasonable if they do not want a child or feel they are too irresponsable to have one, it is in the complete interest of the person, though.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So does anybody think the father/boyfriend has any say in the matter?​

7. childofturin Why?

Nope. No say at all. It's not their body that's carrying the baby, it's not their life at risk (potentially), and they do not have the connection to it that the mother might have. For instance, a man who recently found out he's a father might panic and request an abortion, but since he's not the one who's growing the thing, he has less of a connection and therefore, is more susceptible to panic or anger.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

And yet if the mother goes through with it, he's usually expected to help raise it.​

9. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Well, the father should have some say in it, but it really is more influenced by the situation at hand. In an actual relationship, I would say that it would be up to the father and the mother to talk it out and reach a consensus together. But in anything else (ie rape or a one night fling) I'd say that the father would have from considerably less say in the matter to none at all.

We've already been over this. See, this is what you're supposed to do here;

1. Read thread
    2. Post

I think you missed a step somewhere.

10. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh, shut up, you pompous prick. I wasn't born yesterday; I was making a perfectly valid point. You had no right or reason to insult me like that.

And I don't want to read TEN FUCKING PAGES about this pointless debate, thank you very much.

11. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I never really thought anyone was "for abortion." It's a pretty scary/nasty thing. D:

That being said, I'm for "a woman's right to choose." I believe that because its the woman having the baby, no government should be able to tell her what decisions she should make regarding her body in this situation. I might think abortion is nasty/weird, etc. but why should I be the one to stop her when I am not being directly affected by it?

12. Soul element Merlin's Housekeeper

I believe if no matter what it's up to the birthmother to decide what is best.Sometimes even if your fooling around it has to be done the mom may not be able to take care of the baby,And even though it's painful you have to.

13. Rosey Chaser

Both of you need to hush it. I dont need anyone getting severly butthurt over this.
    That being said you cant join a debate without having previous knowladge of what people have already said. If you think the debate is pointless, than leave. But we need to debate respectfully or its just pointless arguing.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Normally I would agree.​

Except if all you're stating is something that short and simple, chances are that in "ten fucking pages", it was already stated.

Yeah. That's the point I was trying to get across. If it was an actual relationship, yes, the mother should have more say than the father, but the father still deserves SOME say. ​

If he doesn't want it, but she does, he's expected to help raise it anyway.
    If she doesn't want it, but he does, his opinion doesn't matter.
    Surely some compromise can be reached in this situation

15. Always Dance Chaser

Calm down. Yeah, your point was "valid" but we've already been over it, theres no reason to hear it again.
    and theres no real reason for you to say it either other than +1 to your post count.

And if you think the debate is "pointless" why are you even here?

All goes back to that post count +1 thing, really.

16. Daydreamer

Whether the father should have a say for the baby, I'm not sure of. He could try telling the mother what he wants, but I think it should be ultimately up to the mother what happens. If it's her decision is to take care of the baby, I don't think he should be unwillingly left accountable for it too.

17. Always Dance Chaser

Why the Hell not? Thats her BABY, and if she made the decision to have sex, and got pregnant, why shouldn't she be left accountable for it? Because she doesn't want it?

Thats the most selfish and childish thing i've ever heard.

18. Repliku Chaser

I am not seeing how a woman's right in the end should not be the deciding factor. There is a small portion of men that may actually want said kid and will raise it.

There are more men out there who shun responsibility and the only way they can be held responsible for the child in any way, shape or form, is to make them pay some child support, which can be a task in itself as some men are unemployed, will actually quit work to avoid it, and hide out. They never have to -see- the child, do any raising of it or anything and some men do this.

Some men, sure, would love a part in the role of raising the child, but there are very few who will want to have the child ultimately. Some men and women though, do come to the agreement that the woman gives up the child. It just happens so seldom, it's rather pathetic and it can make us men look pretty selfish ourselves.

A woman, in the end, -always- has accountability. We can consider it selfish if she decides to have a child aborted, despite a man saying to her face he wants to raise the baby. Yes, I consider that selfish too. But in the end, it is also selfish to force a woman through an unwanted pregnancy so some guy can get what he wants and it makes a person wonder if he didn't set up the girl for such, as likely he's an adult while she's a teenager. A teenage boy is simply not going to be able to raise a kid. That's reality. And there are men out there who do these things to trap girls, which is one of the reasons there is an age law on sexual relationships in the first place.

A woman has to always make a choice when she gets pregnant. Whether she chooses to adopt, abort or carry on with the raising of the child, it is -always- her responsibility. She cannot shirk her choice because she has something growing inside her. I think sometimes people think abortion is the 'easy out' and that it is a way a woman can avoid responsibility, but in the majority of cases, it is not an easy one to make either. Most women are not return time customers that go to get an abortion because they decided they like unprotected sex. Abortions also play havoc with a woman's body and having numerous abortions pretty much means that later in life if she wanted a kid, she's likely to not be able to carry it to term.

And if she gets the child aborted because she's 'childish'.. well that tells you she was not capable of raising a kid anyway. There are people who think the family of the woman should have a say or the man should, but the reality is that a child is her responsibility ultimately. There are -way- too many families and men out there that are not helpful or supportive to a girl who has very little way to support herself and that is often why children get aborted.

In a perfect world...
    We would have a way of the perfect contraception that a woman could use to control ultimately whether she gets pregnant or not and it would be something that would be available easily so she could turn the ability to have a child on or off.

We would also have a contraception for men that could be turned on or off at will so they have their say too on what they do. Then if they get a woman pregnant, they can't complain anymore either that it was a 'mistake'.

However, this isn't a perfect world and men and women are not perfect.. and there's no dream land contraception that will help men and women.. teenagers.. have that ultimate control that they don't have to ingest, get a shot for or wear. And sadly, even if there were something like the perfect contraception for men and women... there is still the fact that people would try to squirm their way around things because it's human nature. We may not like to admit it but it's just how some people are. Those who don't want a kid by any chance, use protection and cover yourself. Wasting time judging others is not as important really as taking care of yourself.

19. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Personally, I don't think I would get an abortion if I happened to get pregnant right now.

That being said, I'm not total anti-abortion. Don't get me wrong, I think you should have a relevant reason to get one. Not like a "woops, lets get rid of that and then I can go **** around again" reason. One like "I was raped" or "I'm too young" or "I don't have the right financial support to raise a child".

It's ultimately the mother's choice. But I don't think a life should be thrown away because they are too lazy to raise a child.

20. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

asf;lekj.

I guess I'm kind of in the middle. Though I never do like talking about it much since I know so little on the subject.

But I think it's...alright to get an abortion when the fetus is still a fetus. The first trimester or whatever it is. But anything after that I'd have to draw the line. :l

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.