Abortion

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Styx, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juicy Chaser

^ this.

Imagine those months of sickness and feeling like ****. And of course, your education would suffer and if you're young enough your body may actually be unable to withstand the physical aspect of labour too.

2. Rosey Chaser

That is probably the most unrealistic option I have pretty much ever heard in my life.

Thats like saying "Hey kiddies, why dont we all just stop underage drinking, and stop the conflict in Kashmir and why dont we just all get along and sing happy Disney songs under the happy rainbow skies!"

Its unrealistic and wont happen no matter how much we would like too.

3. P Banned

It all comes down to when the foetus becomes a human. Anything else takes a back seat. If it is aborted, take what you want from it. But the prospects of what you can take should not play a part in the choice of life or death for a human.

So the point of argument is when the foetus becomes a human life. Do we say that it is a person at point of birth? How about halfway through the pregnancy? Is it the point of conception? Perhaps we define a human life as what it can potentially become, so simply menstruation is immoral, because the egg could become a fully developed human.
    [/color

4. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

You know it's not always their fault. Protection can and will fail every so often.

5. Rosey Chaser

Condoms are only successful 85% percent of the time when PUT ON CORRECTLY.
    that doesnt count the times it was drunkenly put on or something and wasnt put on right.

6. firefan Moogle Assistant

Abortion on is just plain wrong. If you kill a pregnant woman you can be charged with double homiside but that same woman can go and kill her own baby.

7. The Fuk? Dead

Hey sure, why not. And you can just give up going to this site, watching T.V., playing video games and everything else you enjoy. Sounds like a good deal to me. This will never happen, because just because it's not sex or drugs, it's not harmful. Right?...Sure. Have you ever had sex by the way?

8. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Haven't we been over this? You know, when we talked about where life begins, persay?

9. Rosey Chaser

Oh look now I dont feel so bad that there are five of us ganging up on one member. Now there are five of us ganging up on TWO members!

Okay look here bud. First of all you spelled homicide wrong. Second of all, you are arguing morality here, you honestly have to give a little more than "I think its wrong". Why do you think its wrong. Give us something to work with here. Its a debate, give and take give and take

and yes. we have. :)

10. firefan Moogle Assistant

I realize sometimes you have to like the kid could kill you, but otherwise how could you live with killing your baby. Thats why many people who have an abortion commet suicide. If I spell anything wrong I don't care I am an awful speller

11. Always Dance Chaser

Yeah because all of those things will surely result in an unwanted pregnancy. It's not hard. And no, I've never had sex. In fact I've turned it down. And it wasn't that hard.

12. The Fuk? Dead

They can still be harmful. Everyone does things that can have serious reprecussions on you. Plus most pregnacies are in high poverty areas with low education, not everyone can be held to the same standards.

13. childofturin Why?

I don't feel like trying to jump into a debate 3 pages long already, so I'll just give my opinion and be gone (and hope it wasn't already stated).

I feel that, under certain circumstances, abortion is perfectly fine and is, in fact, almost necessary. For instance, if the woman's body just can't physically handle the stress of pregnancy (like that 9-year-old who got pregnant through rape, and the Catholics disowned her), or if the fetus wouldn't be able to survive the birth, through defects or whatever, or in limited cases, rape babies (if the mother is going through mental trauma because of the rape, and the baby is making it worse). All those, in my mind, are perfectly reasonable reasons for abortion. Other than that, think about it - every child you abort could turn out to be another Einstein, or Beethoven, or something similar. The baby you abort could have cured cancer, or discovered a new energy source, or something similar. It's too much of a risk, in my mind, of losing a potential genius (or even a useful member of society, which seem to be in short supply anyways) through abortion.

Also, 1000 posts.

14. Always Dance Chaser

Agree with everything you just said. congrats on 1000.

15. Rosey Chaser

Wait wait wait. So first you are like NO ABORTION and then you are like OKAY IF STILLBORN OR VEGGIE and now you are agree with certain cases?

Where do you draw the line?

16. Always Dance Chaser

I don't have a line, everyone has their own individual case. Rape is one. its only 2% of people who get abortions that got raped. and if the baby or mother will be killed, well then of course thats fine.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I find a valid argument in this. If you can kill a pregnant woman and get charged with DOUBLE homicide, why can she terminate the pregnancy? But that still depends on the situation of the pregnancy. If I compared the double homicide to a pregnancy that can kill the woman, well that'd be comparable to self-defense. ​

Well I can also say that that baby that was aborted could grow up to be another Hitler or murderer. But this is pretty much the best answer^ Every pregnancy has it's own circumstances. In some cases, abortion may be necessary. In some, it should be forbidden.​

18. Jayn

Um, yes. That's what life is. :/ I've had a miserable childhood. Doesn't mean I wish I was never born in the first place. If your mother had decided to have an abortion, you wouldn't be here. All of this potential, all of the decisions you've made that have affected the people around your positively, your existence, your purpose would not be here because of that one choice. Same thing goes for people who have managed to change the world for the better. If they weren't born, that wouldn't have happened.
    Not to say I don't sympathize or feel that it's okay to mistreat a child. But you should understand what I'm trying to say, as I understand your point as well.

19. Xyam> Destiny Islands Resident

this is a lovely thead...
    personally i only believe in abortion if the baby is endangering the mothers life.....like it is killing her from the inside, but otherwise i'm against it, or if it was so disabled it wouldn't u know get a proper life....i would still feel bad if i did though in those situations....

20. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

At this moment in time, less babies would do wonders for the world. Abortion seems fine to me, I just wish people would stop getting pregnant in the first place if they are going to get an abortion anyway.
    Anyone who is forced to have a baby is however allowed to make the choice they want, considering the factors that occured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.