Abortion VS. Adoption

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ansem59, Feb 5, 2008.

?

What are you for?

1. Pro: Choice

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Pro: Adoption

43 vote(s)
    74.1%
  1. Aura Goddess

I find both of them sad.

Abortion is just sad.The mother can regret getting the abortion and they could start saying they wanted the baby.When a woman gets can abortion,they are killing and inocent human being.None the less its a baby that hasn't even grown completely.

Adoption can be sad because a couple adopts a baby.The child grows up thinking they are their real parents.Then they end up finding out they aren't even related.But on the plus side,they would be happy because they would have someone that loves them and wanted them in the first place.Unlike the people that gave them away.

2. Sara Tea Drinker

I'm for abortion...

There's so much red tape in adoption, my aunt who's very rich spent two years in the system. She's a teacher, her husband is an optician. She ended up with so many complications that she almost didn't get one because the mother changed her mind at the last minute.

Also, it is really screwed up, there's so many kids unwanted in the system, if they don't get adopted, they grow up with no family, no parents, shuttled from home to home. The system in itself has so many gaping flaws, some being that the parents do it for money, the child gets changed from home to home, no allowed to even be able to "bond" with anyone.

It really screws up the kids, and even if they get adopted later on, they have anger issues about what happened and carry a huge baggage of emotions and needs that are self-destructive. Some walk out fine, but a lot don't.

3. Legion Twilight Town Denizen

im for the most part a liberal, but i don't think they should be mindlessly slaughtered

4. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

... I agree!

5. Repliku Chaser

Your point on adoption is a very good one. People really are in the dark about kids that are bounced from foster home to foster home or in orphanages. There are a ton of kids out there that no one seems to want to take on unless they can get government money to watch them as with the foster care program. Also, the system is really not well designed at all. You have to meet such stringent requirements to adopt a kid and people only want 'babies' most of the time. These babies obviously are not all adopted either. I hear so many people who have blinders on say 'there are great people out there desperate to adopt kids' and I keep asking them to prove to me where they are for the tons of kids out there that are in non-stable lives and could desperately want a real home. Many of these kids end up in Juvenile Detention homes. Great place for a kid to end up after being bounced around all his/her life.

6. TheMuffinMan Banned

Please point me in the direction of the "Grandma Sunshine's Super Dee-Duper Rose-Tinted Glasses Emporium and House of Waffles" that you just got done shopping from...

7. WaftVixen Merlin's Housekeeper

Abortion is not sick. It'll just kill the baby. Like killing a kitten. You don't feel bad because it's not yours. You don't feel bad because you're not carrying it. Just because one day they might turn out to be a juvenile or be sad of their life, taking their life is better ya? Like they can't be controlled anymore. Kill them for the sake of others... Yeah, like that's gonna work.

For adoption, yeah kids can go glum when they know they are living with the ones that has no relation with them. I say it's better then running around the streets begging for mercy later when they'll start saying why did their parents let them live in this shameful option? Rather than being adopted instead? At least they would be grateful that you've given them a chance to live running around the world in a better way. In the adoption centre, they live along with those who are a fortune with them. They are already a family there. Being taken care by people who really do care for them. Though not in a very rich position, at least it gave the child a smile. They don't live alone at the place. If they live alone, they had to find food and shelter on their own from scratch. Instead they're even spoonfit by the caretakers. Shouldn't they be grateful for that?

Well at the first place anyway, why the h**l did you get pregnant if you can't be responsible enough? Just try not to make yourself thrown into this position and the world won't be bound around you. The end.

8. Cherry Berry Chaser

The moral is if you don't want a baby, Use your head and don't get pregnant (Condoms are there for a reason ppl).Don't bring an unwanted baby into this world.

As for me... I'll be adopting a child.^-^ Give it as much love as possible.

9. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i really don't know which one is the right choice. i don't know, maybe it varies from situation to situation.

10. Repliku Chaser

That would be the reason there is Pro Choice. Pro Choice, despite what some people think, actually means that a woman has the choice to make up her own mind of whether to give up the baby for adoption, abort the child, or keep the child. This is why again, I do find this topic to be elusive and supporting adoption over letting a woman have the choice herself to make because there are so many circumstances and situations with deciding what a person wants to do.

It's easy to know what -my- choice might be and I'd try to encourage it if I'm in that situation, but at the same time, it may not be the choice of another couple in the same scenario and I just think sometimes people would be better off minding their own businesses instead of making someone's choice 100% more difficult. Animals make up their choices in nature and women should in our society have the right to decide. There is seldom a girl I have known who had to make a choice that thought it was so easy. Abortion or Adoption have results that you lose the rights to the child ultimately and really other people should stop acting like it's just prostitutes or ****ty girls who make these choices. There's a high opinion in that regards and it just is not true. Contraceptives themselves can be considered 'abortion makers'.

I think the only thing I have against Abortion is when for no health reasons a woman will choose to abort when a child could be made to successfully survive outside the womb. So the last trimester, I think it's just generally bad form, but otherwise, I try to reserve judgments because the world is not a perfect place and there are big choices. I know some girls who felt they had to abort and also a couple who gave out kids for adoption and others who chose to keep their kids. Those who have made a choice to abort or adopt lose out either way. Also, the adoption processes are horrible. Some people insist that giving a kid up for adoption is the way to go and there are 'tons of families' out there who want kids. Of course, most of these people saying this are all middle class suburbanites that wouldn't adopt, even though they would be in a position to do so. Kids bouncing around a system and all is just wretched to their lives and causes a lot of pain for them too.

So, I have to say no one else really has a right to choose for a woman what she feels is best because in the end Pro Choice is again not about abortion. It's about any options available to her and rose colored glasses really do need to come off some people's eyes regarding it. If you aren't poor, don't have a family that has a lot of strife and imbalance, aren't in an aggressive neighborhood, your lover isn't the type to run off and go be with someone else, and don't have a lack of stability you won't see the options for what they truly are. Women that have to make the choices of adopting or aborting hurt because of it. It is a very painful thing. They aren't heartless. Most have very good reasons for it. If we take Pro Choice away though, then other people control a woman's body and her choices and options and that is a form of slavery and government taking over the home life.

I have to say that I'd much rather, if I was caught in the situation, try to help keep the baby and raise it rather than either two of the other options, but I certainly am not in everyone's situation either and I don't feel others than the parents should have the choice to dominate other's lives and take away their options. Sometimes just -having- the options can be a comfort to a couple so they feel less pressured in all of the angst etc. So though personally I'd opt to try to help keep the baby, I think that Pro Choice is a much better option than Pro Life on a moral standing and also on the level that the more choices we have taken away from us, the more we become fascist.

You may wonder why I say we become more fascist. (Or you are tired of reading my essay. sowwy!) During WWII, there was a drive to have German women have babies, whether out of wedlock or not and that they'd get government support etc, especially if they had children from SS men and if the person was Aryan. They were pushed to this behavior and some complied. It is also a statistic fact that 'white babies' will get adopted today more than any other child. Also, if a child is not adopted by the time they are out of toddler stage, most bounce around in foster homes etc. Note the fact on most bulletins that post about Pro Life...the pictures are of white babies? I haven't seen ONE that shows a different ethnic group and find that kind of disturbing considering white babies are the ones that mostly get adopted if given up and there are tons of other ethnicities out there. Think about it. So I can be 'pro-raising the kid myself' but still believe in Pro Choice with no guilt at all. I just can't support taking personal freedom away.

11. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Abortion=horrible. It's not just a special cell growing inside you that becomes a baby when it comes out, it's a life from the very start. Abortion is murder. End of story.

12. WaftVixen Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah it is a mother's choice. Best if they raise it on their own. But if in case like this where the two choices showed up and you REALLY don't have any other options left, which shall it be? I've nothing against adoption. But I will never accept abortion. It's not about right or wrong, it's about a life you're toying with. Just put yourselves in the baby's situation. Which way would you wanna go? Just because you're not in their position doesn't make that you want to be killed. Who wants to play with their own lives anyway? I didn't say this just for fun, but my mother did adopt two. They're doing pretty well and they're different kinds. They get along quite well and is aware that my mother is not the biological parent. My sister, is the third adopted child and she rebels a lot after knowing this. But when she grew up to be an adult, she was grateful for everything that had happened and about my mom taking care of her. She uses to think that she's an exile child since her real mother is still alive, but now she loves her foster parent more than anyone, more than me now! But yeah.. It's still the mothers' choice. Who am I to direct things like that? It's just between both and usually they'll pick according to their own situations. Can't be help. It's just my opinion that adoption is better. Sorry if it's harsh, but well, I suppose different country has different ways of accepting babies too I guess. Especially when it comes to races.

13. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Actually, the fetus doesn't even start to function, or "exist", until three weeks. Biologically speaking, it's not even alive, and it isn't considered a human until eight weeks. That's when it's called a fetus.

I believe that it is the mother's choice. If a woman is raped, and then must give birth to a child as a result, sustain both herself and the child on her own, and see the child as a constant reminder of the rape, how do you think that would make the mother and child feel?

14. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

A lot of people agree with that logic if a person is raped. But nobody really realises how unlikely it is for a woman to actually get pregnant when she's raped. I forget the exact number, but it's really really small.

I believe that every child has the right to live. Even if you don't keep it, adoption is good. Some couples can't have kids, and they love their adopted child the same that they would love one that they gave birth to.

15. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

True, but what if the mother is a teen? Is it right to make her carry a child while in high school, especially when most public schools put the mother in special classes and private schools may expell her? You can't just think of the child in this case, since there's also the mother involved with carrying the child for nine to ten months, giving birth, and then raising the child.

16. EvilMan_89 Code Master

oooooh thanks for that! i never knew i was Pro-Choice. wow, that came as a shock to me.

same here. i would try to keep the child. i can certainly see why ProChoice is a good thing but i can also see ProLife's point of view as well.

i'm not follwing what you're trying to say, sorry, i think i'm having a slow moment

huh that was a very intersting post Repliku :D

17. Repliku Chaser

What I am saying is that there is a serious racism issue with Pro Life as well. Every poster I have ever seen for Pro Life is a white baby. Statistically speaking, white babies are also the ones that most often get adopted while babies that are not as cute, have a questionable parenting background or of other 'races' do not stand up to the chance as well. Why no pictures of an Asian, Black, Latino baby? Also, the older a child gets, the less likely it is to be adopted and instead bounces around in foster care. Also, the most people who support Pro Life are middle class families that are not in strife themselves with the same dilemmas of those who are poor, under age or in rotten places. They have no idea what it's like to suffer that way and if they did suffer that way and see others with all the pain, they would see the environments make a world of difference in viewpoint. The vast majority also do not adopt though they declare tons of parents out there just can't wait to and have open arms in hope. They don't have to raise kids in that environment nor see kids bounced around in poor places through foster care that pays some person to watch a kid no one wants.

I really don't think Pro Life is very fair and balanced at all as it entirely removes a woman's options from her by forcing her to have a child and either give it up for adoption or keep it. Now, the other issue I have with Pro Life is that they are so worried about what is -in- the womb and that it is born, but few people actually care what happens to a child later on and don't explore how the system works. Pro Life is just supporting a goal of saying that you -must- have the child and give it up for adoption or keep it. Pro Choice exemplifies that you get help to have a child if you want it. You can give it up for adoption and get aid, and you also have the right to decide for abortion. It gives the power to the woman. If the females here want to give up kids to adoption, they surely have the right and Pro Choice allows that too. If they want to abort, they have the right. If they want to keep it they have a right. Pro Life is invasive. Pro Choice is not. Pro Choice helps a young mother have the ability to be in charge instead of letting families or the man make the choice for having a child. Women have in the past lost children they actually -wanted- because of laws and Pro Choice puts the power in her hands to say she wants it and can get government aid. It won't allow her to lose that child and she can even get government housing through Pro Choice. As long as she's not abusive or negligent, she is supported. This is why I support Pro Choice and hope people will see that though they have their own choices they'd make, why it is important to not let this right slip away.

People bring up 'rape' again, but also let's take into account that many girls get coerced to having sex as well and sometimes things happen. Coercion and 'peer pressure' can be a strong thing to lure a girl to have sex with a guy. Some guys do go about (and I know enough of them) trying to coax females into a state of security to have sex and then just dump them after. Women are statistically also shown to be more likely to have stronger emotions of 'love' and often affection means more than it can to a man at first. They are more likely to gain more emotional feelings from being coaxed into it. Is it fair that a woman after having sex at times feels very used and then on top of that gets pregnant too? Also, let's take into account two teenagers that are close and have sex exploring and all and something happens even if they use protection. Should they be so punished as to have the government declare they have the kid, the girl gets treated like crap as well as the boy in school, then they will be -forced- to give it up unless the family hops in to take the child and care for it?

There are a lot of things that happen that people really just do not take into account if Pro Life wins the battle. As I said before, I am all for keeping a kid and encouraging the girl it will work out because I would not have sex with someone if I didn't give a crap in the first place. I wouldn't want to give it up for adoption and let it go into the nasty system where I won't be able to supervise that child's welfare at all. I also wouldn't want abortion because personally I do feel unless there's some reason medically or emotionally not to have it, I would want it. However, the mother is the main concern here. I would have to choose a mother to make her choice over a fetus any day. Yes, people who casually might get abortions...that feels very wrong to me, but at the same time, most people who get abortions aren't like that. They are doing it because they simply -know- they are in no state to care for a baby at the time. It is -not- an easy choice for any woman to make. Abortion and Adoption both leave nasty mental trauma on any mother. They don't get happy endings like in the movies.

Why is there no sympathy for the mother at all? Why does a fetus have more of a right to live than a woman who can produce another offspring when she is ready and her life is stable? The only sympathy I hear for a mother is if she was raped and I'm sorry but there are just a ton of other things that can go wrong and she gets no compassion at all. Pro Life really to me seems to be very fascist and controlling and a mother's instinct on whether she can raise a kid effectively or not by nature is totally denied by the opinions of others. I'm glad this law can't be forced on animals other than humans. I sympathize with why people choose Pro Life but this question was 'adoption' or 'abortion' and in reality, both are options to Pro Choice and if you choose one or the other, it's your right to do so. No one should be able to take -your- choice away.

18. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Geez... abortion is so sad :[
    I mean, if you think about it, if we were aborted... we wouldn't be here now.
    Never choose abortion, unless you have an absolutely good reason.

19. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I'm Pro choice, like the others said, if a woman is raped, cannot financially support the baby or had an incestuous relationship, I believe it is ultimately her choice of what she wants to do. Regardless of these situations its the WOMAN'S body. Not the government's. Not for any law to decide. So if she wants to get rid of her child, for whatever reason (even if as DP Wolf said its not yet considered human) then let her do it.