Traditional Art a work in progress <3

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by dahlia-petals, Apr 3, 2012.

1. dahlia-petals Merlin's Housekeeper

2. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

3. dahlia-petals Merlin's Housekeeper

4. Llave Superless Moderator

I've always found making art from scratch on Photoshop or whatever program one may use quite difficult. Mostly because I personally feel it can easily warp the proportions, due to not seeing the entire picture like you would on paper or canvas.

I see some detail in the face, and I'm liking the use of colors for the shadow. I'd say just keep working and watch your proportions.

Keep it up!

5. dahlia-petals Merlin's Housekeeper

ah you got me..
    see, i don't really know how to draw.
    i bs my way in by colors and detailing. )^=
    i have yet to study anatomy. i can't picture things with outlines so i use the shapes and lighting to make my drawings..
    but love me anyway <3
    @}--

6. Llave Superless Moderator

Doesn't mean you can't start.
    Just keep practicing. It does help knowing proportions, but you're doing a good job thus far.

Just observe. That's how it's done. Observe the human body, how it moves, the proportions, everything. If you want to get better, you gotta look towards realism.
    And we love you lol.

7. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Wow, the use of colour and shadow in the face is absolutely a-m-a-z-i-n-g! it really is. I love it. The only thing is that the colour difference between the two halves of the face might be a taaaad too big. To have the palette look more whole, and thus bring the face more together, I'd try making the left half (the rosy pink half) a bit darker.

As for proportions the body looks a bit too large for the head, but apart from that do what Llave said, and in addition copy everything you can. Copying naturalistic photos just for practice is a brilliant way to learn proportions. You could also try drawing bodies upside down, it'll learn you to focus on shapes, and not necessarily what your brain thinks it sees. Good luck :3