A Satanists Reality

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by AmericanSephiroth, Nov 18, 2009.

1. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

By definition, an atheist refuses to believe in deities of any kind, going with his life forward, not paying tributes nor having religious beliefs at all. In contrast, AmericanSephiroth confessed he worships "a satan of sorts", therefore it's impossible for him to be declared an atheist, since he has decided to hold Satan in a high regard. Being an agnostic myself, I tell you; Im NO Satan follower.
    In contrast, Atheistic Satanists[2] consider themselves atheists and regard Satan as merely symbolic of certain human traits. This categorization of Satanism (which could be categorized in other ways, for example "Traditional" versus "Modern"), is not necessarily adopted by Satanists themselves, who usually would not specify which type of Satanism they adhere to. THIS IS FROM WIKIPEDIA. Of course, Wiki is not always to be trusted, so the hell with it, I suppose.
    Some crossdressers have gay preferences, but that doesn't mean every homosexual is a crossdresser. Same here.

2. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

...by a satan of sorts...he means humanity...in their belief humans are the only higher power...we are satan and we are god...they don't believe in the divine no afterlife...nothing...its just a figure of speech when he said that all satanism is atheism turned ritualistic...but its just for the sake of being a group that they do this...its not to cater to any higher power than humanity...

3. Always Dance Chaser

Let me try to explain this to you again.
    SATANISTS DO NOT BELIEVE SATAN EXISTS.

The fact that you've read this thread and are still so deluded intrigues me beyond belief. The only thing I can give you credit for is that AmericanSephiroth isn't that clear in his terms, but i assure you, Satanists do not believe in ANY kind of higher power.
    The "Satan of sorts" of which AS speaks is the primal instincts of man.
    So yes, they ARE the same thing.
    Except one tries to do magic.

Once again, i am astounded. That quote from Wikipedia is actually proving everyone's point.
    AS clearly follows Atheistic Satanism.

4. P Banned

Just leaving this here in order to help clarify things.

I'll be going now.

5. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

*sigh*...people just do not listen...they think that there couldn't possibly be TWO kinds of satanism noooo...it has to be that they are being biased....i can't see anyone being as hard to get through to otherwise*rolls eyes*

6. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

You just said it. One tries to do magic. Therefore, they are NOT the exact same thing. If Satanism and Atheism are the exact same thing, why have them seperated in two different terms?
    Yes, they're different forms of every religion, but how do you expect to not be a called a Satan-worshipper, and have people NOT think you believe in Satan in any way, when it's called SATANism? If you believe in that humanity stuff, why is called SATANism? When one sees that term, it's understandable that they think Satan is obviously involved somewhere.
    (P.S, Xeitr, where the heck did you get that nightmare fueling avatar? :D).

7. Always Dance Chaser

It would be understandable if you didn't read the thread, but you did. You should know better.

8. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Alright, I've had enough. What is the point of this thread? Have you guys really been debating the differences between atheism and satanism for eight pages? I'll repeat this just once more. ATHEISTS AND SATANISTS ARE NOT THE EXACT SAME THING, ONLY ONE TRIES TO DO MAGIC. I can't believe I have to type that, but that's how low this forum's gotten lately.
    And I thought KHInsider was full of imbeciles (still is, but sheesh). Sometimes I feel like I just ate at Taco Bell reading this stuff.

9. Styx That's me inside your head.

Aaaaaaand you're going to make your point in a civilised manner from now on.

10. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

yeah thats nice and all...but....SATANISTS DON'T TRY TO DO MAGIC....only the christian based satanists do that

11. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

Loveless Ave. missing the point of it all
    actually athiestic or laveyan(humanistic(word?)) satanists do magic and P thank you for the link i posted it once but it was removed and that is the branch of satanism i follow at the link P left

12. Always Dance Chaser

That wasn't even your point. YOUR point was that "Satanists believe in devils/satan/whatever". They don't. You decided to suddenly change it to this magic.
    It doesn't even matter. Whether Satanists try magic or not, it doesn't work, so in a way they are just atheists.

13. Styx That's me inside your head.

Also, atheism just denounces the belief in a deity. It does not exclude belief in the paranormal entirely.

14. Always Dance Chaser

Exactly! There are in fact many atheists and atheist sects that attempt magic. Atheistic Satanism is one of them, apparently.

15. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I agree simply because i am an example. I belief that religion is a paranormal thing that science cannot explain even though with time a form of science will explain it i.e. Noetic science. I have gained this belief from "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.