A Reminder About Spoilers

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Misty, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

Hey there, and welcome to our General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts section! While this section contains the disclaimer that spoilers will be rampant within, we do want to remind our members to be courteous of those who have yet to finish certain games or who are trying to remain unspoiled for upcoming titles. For that reason, we'd like to do a quick tutorial on how to hide spoiler content on our site.

Hiding large blocks of text
    For large block of text that needs to be hidden, our standard SPOILER tag will serve you well. To use it, simply highlight your text, use the Insert button our post toolbar (between the Media and Save Draft buttons), and select spoiler. From there, a tooltip will appear, giving you the option to title your spoiler. It will appear as such:
    Thinking of you wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: Starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, but they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.
    For those who prefer to type out their code or who have disabled the rich text editor, here's the code for a SPOILER tag:
    Code:
    [spoiler="Kairi's letter to Sora"]Thinking of you wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: Starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, but they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.[/spoiler]
    Or without a title:
    Code:
    [spoiler]Thinking of you wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: Starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, but they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.[/spoiler]

Hiding a small block of text
    If you only need to hide a few words in your post, and therefore don't wish the use the block-style SPOILER, you can give our HIDDEN tag a try. It will appear as such:

Soylent Green is .

When clicked, the hidden text will reveal; when clicked again, it will hide itself again. Pretty nifty, right? The code is simple to use!
    Code:
    Soylent Green is [hidden]people[/hidden].
    You can get pretty fancy with this, too, by specifying custom colors for each tag.

is my favorite Organization XIII member!
    Code:
    [hidden=crimson]Axel[/hidden] is my favorite Organization XIII member!
    is .
    Code:
    [hidden=4059DA]Soylent [/hidden][hidden=098ADC]Green[/hidden] is [hidden=21DF9A]people[/hidden].

Post onwards, and remember to be courteous of your fellow members -- nobody wants to be spoiled without their consent!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.