Chain of Memories A quick Summary

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Te Deum, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

My friend said that he was going to get KH Re: CoM and I told him it's quite tedious, with the card system and everything. He asked me for a quick summary of the game, but I could not put it into words.

Can you give me a summary of what happens (including cutscenes) in general with the story line of the game? The only thing he knows about Re: CoM is that it involves the Organization members.

Thanks in advance,

Tay Day

2. StardustXtreme Chaser

KH - Re: CoM is basically the PS2 version of Chain of Memories that was released for GBA.

The story starts off right after Sora and co find Pluto and an Organization Member points him to Castle Oblivion where almost half the members of Organization XIII reside, Sora proceeds in this Castle alone as Donald and Goofy are reverted to cards except in the hallways and ass well his powers.

Sora, Donald and Goofy felt King Mickey and Riku were here and as they go up a floor, Sora remembers a blonde haired girl called Namine from the Islands and each time he goes up a floor, he slowly forgets his memories while Namine's remeberance is taking more form while meeting with a Riku still wearing his KH1 Dark Suit and claiming to protect Namine as did Sora from his memories.

At the same time Sora enters CO, Riku awakens in the basement floors through a corridor of darkness and struggles with what he has done in KH1 and that Ansem's Heartless still lurks in his heart

Sora eventually reaches the 13th floor after defeating some members of the Org XIII as did Riku in the basement floors as we discover the Riku with Sora is a Replica and that the leader of CO group wanted to control Sora with Keyblade in hand to wipe out the other members but Namine fights back against her prisoners and Sora discovers Namine rewritten his memories and can be replaced with the originals when eh sleeps in the capsule of KH2.

Riku meanwhile, decides to fight the Darkness in his heart and defeats Ansem's Heartless, reuniting with King Mickey as the two discover Namine had Sora put to sleep and he leaves CO as he meets DiZ who asks him what road he takes and Riku decides the Road to Dawn.

Two more fun notes, 358/2 Days is exactly the same time as Re:Com/CoM when it reaches the days of Castle Oblivion and Re: Coded does take place after KH2 but you discover in Jiminy's Journal that the diary still remembers Castle Oblivion and that sets the stage for the DS game.

3. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Perfect!

Thanks a bunch.