A Prayer For Eden

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownMoksha Decimo

"A lot of things actually." Veilen said, his eyes stopping their scanning of the settlement. In all the traveling that he did with his teacher, traversing through the mountains wasn't often done. In fact, they often avoided them whenever they could. He was never sure why but it wasn't like he ever questioned it at all. Despite all of the depressed looks on the faces of those around them, it was pretty neat seeing something like this for the first time. "Now where is the person we are looking for?"

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Well things weren't going great so far, nor were they going horribly either. For the most part Aeradel and her small group were only getting strange looks, which was understandable, however she had expected some people to recognize her. This was a mountain tribe, so perhaps they didn't care for the monarchs of other territories, and usually she wouldn't care that much, however she was hoping to play off that in order to convince people to help her. At this pace that would not be the case. Giving up on the idea of anyone just approaching her, Aeradel approached a near by woman, not noticing the girl who was making her way over herself.

"Excuse me, I am Aeradel Blackburn. I was wondering if you could suggest anyone to talk to about getting help. I want to raise an army against Tharados." Aeradel admitted knowing the mountain folk tended to be private. She didn't think they would sell out her plan, so it was best to just be open about it until she could get some information and some help. If she beat around the bush, she might only piss them off and lose any help that she was trying to gain. "I think I have a way to free magic, it is just a theory right now, but with some help I might be able to test the theory." She added in trying to insinuate that helping her might turn into getting their magic back.

[​IMG]
    His steps echoed through the winding steps in the demon tower of Hality. This location was the place that his plan first started into motion, and now after many years he sat on the throne. While for him being a tyrant over these lands was starting to bore him, he was hoping his new wife would change that. It would add a little new excitement to his life, and if it didn't, well then there was always other realms, perhaps he would take out another demon prince. While more dangerous then preying on forgotten realms, it was more satisfying, seeing that prince's loved one now bowing before him. And if Lyphos didn't bring back his wife like ordered, Tharados would make sure to remind him the power that he used to kill the mans lover. A wicked look gleamed in his eyes as he it the top landing of the tower where some of his demon generals waited him. As they bowed, Tharados walked past them to look out on the lush green forest that took up the north west of Hality. "I want it all burned to the ground." Tharados said, his voice unfeeling, uncaring, almost bored.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Battousai, much to everyone's surprise, had been somewhat quiet. There had been no booming statements, no cheerful cries of joy, for he was in deep thought. He was working on what was undoubtedly the most important thing they would do in their quest, and the most dangerous thing too! He was attempting to document their journey and give it a fetching title, which was as perilous as anything else for if he messed that up then how would the legend of Battousai the manslayer be spread even further? "Battousai the demonslayer...and friends? The tale of Battousai vol. 3; the horny devils and their....that one's even worse....aha! The legend of Battousai, slayer of men and demon alike! Although that one paints me in a bad light....gods be damned, this one's a tricky one!" the small male exclaimed, clearly struggling with his creativity.

He looked up from the small (you can imagine how tiny it was if it was small in his hands) piece of parchment in his hands at the mention of testing the theory. Perhaps his memory was failing him, but he couldn't recall the mention of testing of the theory before. They'd need a test subject, and he'd happily volunteer for that. He was sick of being so tiny; he long awaited the day where he could hold an actual glass full of alcohol and not have to use a thimble. "Theory? We've all heard your explanation my friend, it's a sure thing. If we were to get help magic would undoubtedly be restored!" Battousai shouted, attempting to further reassure the stranger that it would work.

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

The older woman Aeradel walked up to was sitting down on the deck of her home. This was where most of the people tended to be, outside and on the decks to let the sunlight seep onto them during the day in the cold mountain air. This particular older woman was holding a book, and had seemed to be in a bit of reading before Aeradel spoke, but when the name was spoken, Aeradel had their full attention. The village was just constantly in a state of distance and denial brought upon by the disconnect to the animals. The woman looked skeptical at the idea of freeing magic, and still looked skeptical at the... smaller man's remarks. She looked over at Aeradel and spoke, "Many of us are too old or too young. Those who were more equipped for battle left... though."

The old woman looked a bit nervous before saying, "We do have a talented swordsman here, but they have become one of our only sources of defense if anything were to happen... I... will admit it feels worrying to suggest you asking them..." the old woman looked over at a house across the way and cupped her hands and said in almost a bird-like song voice for her age, "Revasilsizaan!" the names generally just merged together when spoken in that way.

[​IMG]

Reva heard her name and immediately looked up. She always came to when her name was called by an elder. She placed the large bear skin down and grabbed a rag and tried to wash the blood off her hands before walking over. As she got closer, she noticed the strangers of the village were there. And the closer she got, the more she immediately realized who these people were. When she approached, she stared at the group for a while, particularly at Aeradel. The old woman motioned and said, "Reva, this is-"

"Aeradel Blackburn." Reva finished, the old woman looking surprised. Reva's voice sounded hoarse, like it had been a very long time since the last she had spoken. She put the rag in the bag and the old woman said, "You seem to know your royalty then. Didn't honestly know you paid attention to that."

Reva looked at the woman and shook her head and spoke,
    "I don't." she looked at Aeradel and said, "I would be surprised to see you, but I had a feeling this was inevitable."

The old woman looked at her and said, "
    She's here to ask-"

"My answer is no." her voice was almost worn to the point of being unable to understand her, "I can help you get any weapons or any herbal supplies you may need, and could even get you food. That is it however. But this plan of yours is a fool's quest, and I'd rather keep my head and help my village."

5. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Listening to Veilen's response, Yukyo shrugged his shoulder as Veilen asked who it was that Aeradel was looking for. Yukyo turned his attention to the elderly woman that was a little ways away from them. Watching and listening to the conversation between Aeradel and the elderly woman, Yukyo couldn't help but ponder over the woman's words. It wasn't long before Yukyo was pulled away from his thoughts as the woman called out to a girl that was just a short walk away from her. Yukyo looked over and saw as the girl walked over. As she spoke, the girl named Reva had denied Aeradel's offer to join her and the others to fight against Tharados. Reva had offered Aeradel any weapons or other supplies that might help them. "This plan of yours is a fool's quest, and I'd rather keep my head and help my village" Hearing those words, Yukyo's cat ears twitched slightly. "A fool's quest you say? Hmmmmm...interesting. I respect that. However, life is all about taking risks and living in the moment. Would you not agree? It keeps you on your toes, keeps you intrigued and interested. At least, that's how I view this milady." As Yukyo bowed, his tail lightly swished back and forth.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

Battousai, not that it really mattered, did not bow. "I agree with him. Who is the bigger fool? The ones who take on a quest to restore true freedom to the world, or the ones who sit idly by and live a bland life? There are stories, legends of the ones who fight for justice and their brave exploits, and yet nothing written about those who simply wait. Come, assist us in our endeavour and you will be immortalised in the history books forever! Together we can free the magic!" Battousai yelled in his high pitched voice, fists punching the air as he began cheering. The idea of someone turning down the chance of a lifetime was somethnig that made him sad, so he felt that he must do what he could do ensure that does not happen.

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Reva made a sigh and rolled her eyes saying, "You're all talking as if I'm gonna just sit on my ass and do nothing but cry all day. But these mountains have many dangers, particularly, hostile dragons that really want us burnt to a crisp now that we can no longer communicate with them. We have other attacks too that's just the most notable I can think of." Reva's voice was pretty much dead by that point, her talking this much for this long felt wrong to her and she bowed to the village elder first before looking at the others and saying, "I'm not one for glory quests either. But again, I wish you luck." Reva went to walk away but stopped for a moment to look at Aeradel, Rayen, and Andrus and said, "Also, I'm happy to see you three are well and still alive... stay that way." and Reva officially walked away.

The elder looked over and said, "I'm... sorry, she's usually like this... I hope she wasn't too... demoralizing."

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I know. I am sorry to have to come here to ask." Aeradel told the older woman when she explained many were not fit to fight here. Aeradel gave a respectful bow of her head, not even she believed herself above the elders here. This was not her lands, she wouldn't treat it as such. As the lady then called for Reva, Aeradel took a step back. "Thank you, Ma'am." She said before turning towards the direction that Reva was coming from, watching the woman who had helped her once before approach her and the elder. Just the tone she responded to the elder in, even in her hoarse voice, Aeradel knew that this wasn't going to be easy convincing Reva to join them, however Aeradel didn't expect it to be. When she met Reva before she could tell how strong headed she was, and Aeradel respected that, it was part of the reason she wanted to recruit her, especially after meeting up with the lot she had gotten when she had called for aid.

As the rest of her party spoke Aeradel sighed, they weren't helping. Trying to deny what Reva said was not a reasonable approach, especially since she was right. That being said, they couldn't ignore the problem altogether either. Turning to her party she tried to not sound too annoyed.
    "Can you two stop talking please. Let me handle this one." She begged. She then turned to Reva. "I know. Reva I know this is a fools task, but there isn't many options left. If there was another way, if it was possible to just hide and pretend none of this was happening, don't you think I would do that instead of trying to rise an army. I would do anything to protect my siblings, I don't want to drag them into this, but I don't have a choice.... we don't have a choice. Every day it sounds like the demons are growing more brutal. They are dragging people out of their house and killing them in the streets with less and less reason to do so. We can't live like this any more." Aeradel pleaded with the girl. However Reva already dismissed herself. "Stay here. I will be back." Aeradel ordered the others before walking off.

"Reva, please listen to me." Aeradel said chasing after the girl, but waited until she was far enough away from the others to talk without being interrupted. "I am sorry have to ask more of you, but I need you help. Please. Not many would answer my call, but I have to continue on now anyways. I am sure it has gotten out that I am alive, or at least rumors. They will be looking for me. My only hope is to free magic. And if you ever want this village to be safe, if you ever want to befriend your dragons that you share this land with again, you have to help me. I don't know if I can do it with just the few of us." Aeradel continued to plea her case before glancing over her shoulder at her siblings. "Please just tell me what I can do to get you to join us. I just... I want to see Rayen smile again, hear Andrus speak. Just... please consider it." With that she turned back and started to head towards the group she left behind.

[​IMG]
    As expected, Rayen didn't speak during the conversation between her sister and people of the village. Rayen remained close to her sister, but not close enough to appear that she was hiding. Andrus had perched himself on her shoulder, keeping a vigilant eye out for anything off. While normally he would be flying around causing trouble, the moment that Aeradel stepped away from the group, he seemed to be more vigilant, worried even. Rayen looked from her brother then to the others, and for the first time addressed them directly, though her voice small and shy. "Do you think that anyone will actually help us? Or is this really a fools task? Will I have to watch someone else die?" A quiet, grim question that had Andrus tilting his head looking at her, concerned. After another peak around to make sure it was safe, Andrus flew off, leaving his twin sister with the group of strangers, knowing that their older sister was not far off, nothing to hurt her.

Circling around the village, Andrus found someone who was creating something out of flowers. The moment they were not looking, he swept in and grabbed a flower in his beak before he few off, so that they couldn't catch him. He then collected a few pebbles in his talons and began stacking them at Rayen's feet. When he collected about ten pebbles in a stack he placed the flower on top and bowed his head. He had seen Rayen do similar before when she was upset, often watching from a distance. He knew his sister enough to know what it was, a memorial. When she spoke of death he knew she was thinking about their parents again, so he built the memorial there for her, so she knew she wasn't alone. It was the only way he knew how to communicate it to her. Rayen soon knelt in front of it herself, not caring if the others were there, and offered up a small prayer to her parents for the safety of them and their companions.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Reva froze at the mere mention of befriending dragons again, and felt anger inside her for it even being brought up as an emotional point. She knew she shouldn't have told anyone about it. She should have left it alone., but at this point she knew there was no point dwelling on it any longer than she had to. The swordsman shifted her hair slightly in thought as she considered what Aeradel said, and she turned to her and said, "Prove to me you are strong enough with your group to do this." Reva pointed up towards the mountain top and said, "There's a dragon in the mountains, I have reason to believe it is some type of criminal dragon. The other dragons here do not back them, as if they are not welcome anyway, so I am sure an attack at this one dragon will not cause other dragons to back them. What differs him from others is how bright red he is, like he glows the color of fire as he sleeps." Reva's voice was at a whisper at this point because of the hoarseness as she managed it out, "If you can bring me back one of his horns, then I'll pledge my sword to you until you dismiss me, or until I die. I mean, if your group can't fight a dragon, what makes me think you can fight demons?"

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

A lot of things had happened while Veilen was looking around and honestly half paying attention to what was important. He'd caught parts of what was being said, enough to know that the dead sounding girl wasn't all that keen on the idea of helping them in their quest. It was only a matter of time before they came across someone who actually didn't want to help them. Then there was the mentioning of dragons, which honesty sounded like a cool thing to see despite how hostile they were now from the sound of things.

"Do you think that anyone will actually help us? Or is this really a fools task? Will I have to watch someone else die?"

"Hard to say, not everyone is ready to 'leap to arms' at the notion of getting magic back" The fact that just about ever villager here was in some form of depression was a solid sign of that. "But there's probably some other people who might help, somewhere." Oddly enough Veilen was kinda serious in his response, it may not have been clearly noticed due to his choice of words, but he was.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  11. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Yukyo shrugged his shoulders as Aeradel told the group to keep quiet as she spoke to Reva. "As if you can keep this kitty cat's mouth shut, Missy miss but I guess if I have to then I will." Yukyo placed his hands behind his head before Reva brings up a deal. A dragon's horn as a bargaining chip? Yukyo's ears twitched for a moment before speaking. "A horn? From a dragon? Pretty high standards you have don't you?" Before Yukyo could continue to speak, Rayen spoke up. He turned his attention toward her. "Do you think anyone will actually help us? Or is this really a fools task? Will I have to watch someone else die?" Yukyo went silent as Rayen finished speaking, pondering for a moment before Veilen spoke up. "Hard to say, not everyone is ready to 'leap to arms' at the notion of getting magic back. But there's probably some other people who might help, somewhere." Yukyo nodded his head before pacing around, his tail swishing back and forth. "Let's put it this way. The entirety of Eden has been magicless for quite sometime. Our new leader is a demon tyrant and fear has set in throughout the lands. The people aren't going to immediately gather courage and join our little rebel group." Yukyo continued to pace before stopping and turning his head to the others. "In times of desperation and fear, we eat up anything anyone says it it means we stay alive. For we eat up lies and deceptions when our lives are placed on a scale with life is on side and death is on the other. However, I could be wrong. Never know what people could do." Yukyo shrugged his shoulders once before continuing to pace around.

12. Glen Returned from the dead

"Quite the philosopher aren't you Yukyo? People are afraid of the demons as you said, so for me the solution is simple. We just have to show them that hope is not lost and that it's worth standing together against demon kind. One big success against the tyrant, one big action, would say a lot more to the people and rally them more than words" Battousai said, now wandering over to the others, giving up on his writing for the moment. "If we get roaring drunk, I'd be willing to bet we could take down one of the generals or at least have them thinking that we believe we can. I think that's a great idea, lets give it a shot. I'm buying!" the man declared, feeling very proud of the idea he'd come up with. With his bravado and supreme tactics, the war was as good as won.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Aeradel listened to the conditions closely. Fighting a dragon, gods above that was quite the task, but a necessary one. Reva was right after all, if they couldn't take on this task they would never survive against demons. Glancing behind her, she looked at her sister kneeling on the ground. "Here is my condition. My siblings stay here and you and your people treat them like your own, until we complete this task." Aeradel stated, her voice slightly demanding as she made the request. "if you do this we will take your challenge, but no use destroying the entire family line for this." They were after all the last royal line left alive. If they did take back Edan, Aeradel didn't know how the government system would work out. She barely wanted to be queen of Dondra, much less all of Edan. It was something that could be settled however once they drive the demons out.
    [​IMG]
    Rayen listened to what everyone said, nodding at Veilen and Yukyos comments. When the small man spoke up however, Rayen looked quite concerned. "I don't think that is how getting drunk works. I have never been but that doesn't sound right." she stated quietly not wanting to contradict what her elders were telling her, but still seemed confused. "I am scared to lose more of my family." she added quietly at the end.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

At first what Battousai had said was sounding like a decent strategy, one you likely hear in a storybook of some kind of things you'd hear in a fantasy tale of sorts and quickly went downhill at the mentioning of getting drunk. The only way that Veilen could see that working would be if one any of them could somehow fight better while drunk as oppose to while they were sober. A possibility, but did not sound like it was worth the risk.

Rayen's fears were understandable, this was a time in which one could loss a loved one in the blink of an eye.
    "Your sister and your pe-er brother feel the same. It's why were doing all this."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.