A Prayer For Eden

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Slightly before Yukyo had walked into the room that they were, but Veilen was trying to figure out just what he would do in the meantime. He could go out and train a bit with his sword, but he'd prefer to do it alone in the forest and when you take into account the current state that the world was in, going off on his own wasn't the brightest things to do and Veilen has a track record for not doing smart things. It's gotten better over the years, but the track record still remained.

As for when Yukyo did walk in, his attention turned that direction after hearing Battousai outcry. Well it was time to pull a lie out of thin air to not give away what it was that they were doing.
    "No, we just finished up playing a quick round of blackjack." Veilen stated. Now in his mind that lie was a decent one at best, in reality however there were a lot of things wrong with said lie and it could easily backfire if someone called him out on it.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Lyphos listened to the potential reward that was a kingdom, he almost was not sure he believed that one. Even if still under him, he just had this lingering feeling Tharados wouldn't want him out of his sights for too long. But then Tharados brought up the children specifically, and the rumors. And moreover when he heard Tharados mention the consequences of a second failure in terms of squashing this rumors, he gritted his teeth ever so slightly, but bowed his head again and said, "I'll be certain to. I will not fail you again." he wasn't stupid, he was more afraid of that failure. Heck if he found out he would fail, he'd probably try and find an out before Tharados could get to him, despite that being rather difficult to arrange. He was aware he was not necessarily dismissed yet, but he stood up and said, "If that is all, I would like to get to this as soon as I can, the sooner I can squash the rumors, and the lingering threads, the better."

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Okay things would be okay, they seemed to be agreeing and no one was questioning her siblings again. That was good, it was all good. Aeradel could relax and maybe actually properly check on her brother and sister. While she knew they were fine, she could see that they were okay, she was still paranoid that something was wrong. Reyan was shy, so it was natural to keep to herself, especially since Andrus used to help keep her confident, while she kept him calm. Now as a bird he wasn't as good at that as he used to be at helping her, after all he couldn't talk to her nor could he hug her. Aeradel we kind of left as Reyan's support system, but Aeradel was also busy with several other tasks to get them back on the throne and drive the demons out of their lands.

Of course nothing was simple, not even time to rest was simple. Instead of just relaxing and checking on her siblings like originally planned. Some drunken idiot decided to stumble down the stairs into their meeting. Why the bartender allowed that, she had no clue, but it was another thing to deal with. It seemed the two men that had joined them tried to cover for them, but it was a little late for Aeradel to cover her face. She had to pray that this man was too drunk or too stupid to recognize her face. Even after five years she was recognizable. While she had grown up, she grew from a child like innocent face, to looking much like her mother. Her sister had a chance to get away with not being recognized, but Aeradel was a little more obvious. Instead of taking the lead this time, Aeradel took a step back and hoped that the drunk man would not notice her and go away, or else she might have had a lot of explaining to do.

[​IMG]
    Since Lyphos seemed so eager to leave, Tharados was not going to stop him at all. "You are dismissed." Tharados said, standing up himself. "I will be gone for the next few days, I am doing routine check on the demon towers. I hope everything is in order when I get back. If you are here, there better be a bride waiting for me. If you are not I will assume you are still hunting. Good luck." Tharados told him, clear instruction to not return until the job was finished. Tharados gave no real timeline, he just wanted to make sure everything was dealt with. He didn't care if it took a day or a month, as long as it didn't get out of hand. As long as he remained in control in the end, he didn't care how they got there. He wanted his queen, and he wanted his power, with those two things he figured he would be happy.​

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Arriving in the room, Yukyo had encountered several people as if they were in a meeting. "Well, well, well.......If I didn't know better, I'd say this was a secret meeting of sorts is it not?" Drawing away his attention, Yukyo looked down to find a man of short stature. "OH GOD IT'S A GIANT!!" Yukyo blinked once or twice before speaking. "Well, I've never seen a person quite so small. Oh dear, how unfortunate." Yukyo squatted down to the ground as he spoke, poking the small man numerous times. "Right..I'm still small...Hello stranger, forget all you have heard! I'm a teller of tales, nothing more and nothing less." Said the small man as he broke out into a nervous sweat. Yukyo sighed before rising back up to his feet. Placing one hand on his hip and the other to scratch his head. "Unfortunately, I've never heard of your tales nor your name, nothing more and nothing less." Repeating some of the man's words, he continued to speak before scanning the room again. "It's a bit impossible for someone to forget what they had seen even if someone demanded them too. Imagine a woman in nothing but the clothes she was brought into this world in, would you immediately forget if someone had commanded it. I think not. Don't you agree?" Yukyo smiled as spoke to the supposed 'teller of tales'. "No, we just finished up playing a quick round of blackjack." Yukyo looked over to see a young man attempt to cover up whatever may had been going on here. Yukyo placed a hand on his chin as if to appear in deep thought. He nodded several times and a few 'Mmhmm's here and there. "Oh drat! Here I thought I could join a quick game...." Yukyo looked over at the woman standing across the way from him. He smiled before continuing his words. 'Well....things just got interesting.....Let's see how long I can continue this...' Yukyo walked around the men, smiling to himself before speaking. He started walking to the door as if he was going to leave. "To play a beautiful round of blackjack with such great gentlemen and a beautiful lady.........Oh well!!!" He walked up to the door and turned around once more. "It would've of been such a great honor to play blackjack with a princess and her comrades...." Yukyo closed the door behind him and leaned against the door looking at the group of people before him. A smirk crawled onto his face as he awaited for the silence in the room to break away.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  5. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

It seemed like his spur of the moment lie had worked out in their favor as the guy bought it before heading back out door.l This resulted in Veilen sighing as he leaned back slightly in the chair he was sitting in. He didn't know just how secretive that they were supposed to be with this meeting, but random guys stumbling into the room was likely in the category of those to not tell about what it was going on here.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

"Small?! SMALL?" Battousai echoed, shocked and a little offended at the statement that had been made. Sure, he had called himself small, but that didn't mean others had to remark on his size. He turned to look at his pet squirrel, his mouth open in shock. "We're not small, are we Ralphy?" he asked, to which the squirrel tilted his head on an angle. "Yeah, that's what I thought" he said. Looking over at the newcomer now, Batttousai no longer felt anger, instead he felt only sorrow. Before him was a man who had not recognised him, who had not heard of his tales...what a sad existence to have.

Hopping onto his squirrel and riding the squirrel up to the man's feet, he got off and then stood up proud and (not so) tall. "My good sir, if you have something to say then you should say it and not beat around the bush! We are all men around here, even those of us who aren't, so I implore you to speak your mind, lest it be so tainted by alcohol that it no longer functions. If that is indeed the case, then hand me the nearest pint of the strongest alcohol money can buy, so that I may endeavour to understand you!" he yelled up to the man, opening his arms as though he were going to embrace the man in a hug, which he did. Although instead of hugging the man properly, he merely hugged, or at least tried to, his leg.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Andrus! What are you?" Rayen yelled after her brother as Andrus spread his wings and flew after the man who had just finished talking. Andrus was feeling threatened by the way that he spoke, the knowledge of who Aeradel was. She had tried so hard to hide it, and he knew the danger, If who he they were slipped, it would be great danger. While Andrus may have been just a bird, he was not going to let his family be threatened like that. If anything happened to Aeradel, Rayen would not know what to do and he wasn't going to let that happen.

A loud hawk cry pierced the room as Andrus charged for Yukyo. Nearing him he lifted his talon and started to claw the man, screeching in the process. He only got a couple claws in before Aeradel grabbed him, and held him. He fought Aeradel's grip in a way he wouldn't dare do to Rayen, he even scratched her a few times before finally giving in to his older sister. Even as a bird though he was clear he wasn't happy about it.

[​IMG]
    Aeradel froze at the mans words. She had known as soon as he entered that this could easily happen, but she was desperately hoping that he would have paid more attention to the people talking. Her mouth was dry and she wasn't sure what to say at first, but the screech of a hawk managed to pull her attention back to what she needed to focus on. "Andrus, stop it!" She demanded walking up to grab him, but purposefully allowing him to get a few scratches in before grabbing him and holding him back. She fought with her brother a moment and eventually called over her sister. "Rayen, please hold your brother back for a little bit." She asked of her sister. Rayen silently nodded and came over holding out her arm for Andrus to jump onto. She looked nervous as she moved to the center of the room where more people could see her, and as soon as he was on her arm, she hurried back to the corner.

Holding her scratched arm, Aeradel turned to the man.
    "Well I suppose you should sit down since we can't really have you walking around telling people what you saw. May as well state our case and try and get you on our side. I promise those two won't hurt, and my brother will behave." Aeradel said with an exasperated sigh. This all felt harder than it needed to be, and Battousi was talking far too much for her liking. They really just needed to rest up and move on but she supposed this set back wouldn't be a total waste if she could get him to join them. "So how would you like it if society change for the better? Back to how things used to be?" She inquired, testing the waters first.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Credit to @Hyuge ✧ for this amazing banner!
    Yukyo looked down as he saw the small man hug his leg. Moments had passed by before something had started to claw at him. Throwing the small man off his leg, Yukyo jumped back and saw a bird start to attack him. Yukyo moved between the bird's attacks ever so swiftly. Before the bird could launch another attack. Another woman had called out to the bird. As the bird started to fly back, Yukyo plucked one of his feathers. He smirked to himslef before another woman spoke up. He turned and saw it was the princess speaking this time. "Well I suppose you should sit down since we can't really have you walking around telling people what you saw. May as well state our case and try and get you on our side. I promise those two won't hurt, and my brother will behave." Yukyo raised an eyebrow before walking up to the princess. He held her chin in his hand before a grin showed up on his face. "I'm not one for sitting still for too long nor am I one for staying in one place for too long. Let's hear this case you're trying to make milady." Yukyo stepped back before leaning against the wall. The princess spoke up once more asking, "So how would you like it if society change for the better? Back to how things used to be?" Yukyo smiled before pushing himself off the wall. "There are many different definitions of 'changing society for the better' your Excellency. For some, changing society won't bring people out of the problems they faced previously. They'll still be stuck in the same place they were before. Changing regimes won't change the problems various people have. The only way for things to go back as they used to be for me........is nothing." An unreadable expression ran across his face like a wildfire. After a few moments he spoke once more but not with a tone that anyone could forsee. "Buuuuuttttt.....as long as it keeps me entertained, then what the hey! Let's move forward with this society changing motion of yours, milady!" Yukyo smiled as he walked up to her once more. He grabbed her hand and kissed it before walking back.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

This guy was...interesting to say the least. Being basically unfazed Battousai and the bird/brother/prince attacking him, he had a response of his own to the princess. "This is turning out to be an interesting group." And he wasn't referring to the appearance of some of the members in the group, but the way that they acted. Of course that included him in that regard, he may not have been completely how he used to be back when he still had magic, bit there wasn't a compete 100% change or anything along those lines. It was a 25% change at best, 50% on a good day.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

As the bird had attacked the man, Battousai said a quiet "oh ****" as he realised what was likely about to happen. And happen it did! He flew not so gracefully through the air, flung away from the man's leg and straight into a wall with a miniscule thud. Falling to the ground, he simply lay there for a moment, before sitting up with a groan. For a brief moment his expression was that of unparalleled rage, before it softened into one of neutrality and then the laughing, overjoyful Battousai the manslayer was back. "Excellent kick my friend, with technique like that the demons will never stand a chance!" he called out, though he highly doubted he could be heard.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The nerve. The nerve that this man had to actually hold her face like that, talk to her like that. Who did he think he was? She might not have worn a crown anymore, but she was still his princess, and when this was all over, his queen. It wasn't like she was the kind of person that didn't like being touched by someone of lesser status because she thought it was repulsive or had anything against them. Her problem lied with respect. It was an issue of people respecting to her, listening to her. If there was no respect then it would make things increasingly hard for them to operate in the orderly fashion that they would need to. Then there was the issue of Bat, who while he wasn't nearly as disrespectful, wouldn't shut up. With a sigh Aeradel began to speak once more.

"Have you looked around, outside. Did you see the first two years, or the monthly raids. No matter your social status, it won't stop them from dragging you from your home and torturing you on the street if they even think you are practicing magic. Tell me that it was relevant to before the fall, I dare you."
    Aeradel replied as she took a step back from Yukyo, brushing off his touch. "But the current plan is to take down those demon towers, if my guess is right, it will release the magic, then build a larger army and take back the throne." She kept her explanation brief since he said he didn't have much of an attention span. "We spend the night here, and tomorrow we head to a trusted mountain tribe Hality, try to gain a little more help there before marching to the first demon tower. When I get my throne back I will reward you for the efforts." Aeradel explained.

Finally turning back to the others she addressed the party as a whole.
    "I have secured this room for the night, rest here if you wish. If you chose to leave you are not permitted to speak of this to anyone. If you do I will ensure you pay for that mistake. I am not going in unprepared. Since the letter was only sent out to people I trusted, I assume that I can trust you as well. Rest up we will set out in the morning. Don't be afraid to approach me with any questions." With that Aeradel moved to help Rayen set up bed rolls on the floor for them. She smiled at her little sister as she sat on the floor beside her, talking quietly. Aeradel had felt bad ignoring her so far and wanted to show that she did indeed care. Meanwhile Andrus was being a pest like usual, untying her shoes or moving something out of place just to bother her. It made Aeradel happy to see it though, he was in good spirits then.
    OOC: I will give a week to post and then I am going to time skip to the mountain camp

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

Once more they were left to their devices and unless someone else was going to stumble upon them while they were still down here, they were for the most part left to their own devices. The issue of what it was that he was going to do to pass the time had re emerged, though this time it was for a shorter period of time. The mountains weren't someplace that he could say that he's been before nor has he done any form on research on the location, thus having little knowledge on the mountain tribe. There was a quick fix to this however as Aeradel did say that they could has her questions. Veilen waited til she was done speaking with her younger sister before approaching her. "So what's the Hality tribe like?"

13. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Yukyo listened as Aeradel begun speaking, shaking off Yukyo's hand. "Have you looked around, outside. Did you see the first two years, or the monthly raids. No matter your social status, it won't stop them from dragging you from your home and torturing you on the street if they even think you are practicing magic. Tell me that it was relevant to before the fall, I dare you." Yukyo shrugged his shoulders before speaking. "Your highness....I'll let you in on a little secret. People can change their minds as if they were a coin. You say they'll drag me from my home but in reality....this handsome kitty cat never had a home. No social status. Nothing at all. Just neutral. There are people out there who are like me, in terms of situations but that's beside the point, it didn't matter who was in power. So long as the situation benefits them and keeps them alive. They couldn't care less." Yukyo's smile had an almost certain kind of pain behind it but he wasn't about to let it show. He leaned in toward Aeradel once more and spoke. "As for me, I'm going to see this as a way to kill time and a source of entertainment. But if you ask about change, I wouldn't mind changing some of the RIDICULOUS price raises. I can barely afford a new hat for these adorable ears of mine." Yukyo chuckled a bit as he immediately pulled away from Aeradel.

After listening to Aeradel's overall plan and the plan for tonight into tomorrow. Yukyo started heading for the door. "Well I don't know about you guys but I'm going to check on the bar see if it's calmed down. I'm feeling quite parched! Don't go missing me too much! I know it'll be impossible to miss this devishly handsome cat" Yukyo winked toward the group before making his way upstairs back to the bar.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It made Aeradel a little nervous that the man that walked in on their meeting was now walking right out of the meeting to go back to the bar. While it sounded like he was still planning on joining them, his insufferable full of himself attitude made her weary of him, she'd have to be careful in case those demon guards came bursting in thanks to Yukyo. She needed whatever help that she could get, so hopefully this wouldn't backfire on her. If it did... well her only hope is that she could get her siblings out. "We won't miss you too much, don't worry about that." Aeradel called back at Yukyo.

She had thought it was obvious that she wanted to spend some time with her siblings, but soon after she sat down with her sister, one of the boys came over to ask about the mountain tribe. It wasn't like if there was something off putting about them she wouldn't have told them. At this point it seemed like pointless conversation that she would rather not have. However she was the leader and she needed to keep these people on her side. Sighing she turned to him and answered. "
    They are generally a nice folk, a little shy. They tend to keep to themselves and prefer to stay out of conflict, but I am hoping for the sake of our world that they will join us." Aeradel explained to him before turning back to her sister.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Thankfully the night was rather uneventful, there was no attacks on the basement where they hid. Aeradel was up first and with her brother on her shoulder and hood up, went upstairs to get them some breakfast. Soon after she returned and placed the food on the table.
    "Eat up we leave soon." She instructed sitting down to eat herself, Rayen actually joining them at the main table this time. Once they were done she got up and left some money on the counter securing her cloak better and helping fix up Rayen's cloak. "Alright we leave now. If anyone is not ready we leave without you." Aeradel instructed before leaving into the streets while it was still grey, dawn barely breaking over the sky. They were heading out into the Hality mountains, which would take them most of the day to walk to, but hopefully upon arriving it would be a step forward for them.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

The smell of food served to awaken Veilen from the drowsy stupor that he was in since waking up a couple of minutes ago. He wasn't much of a picky eater, so he just grabbed some of whatever looked the most appetizing to him and ate that. Doing served well to leave him full once they were done eating and preparing to head off to meet the shy mountain people. When it was time to head off, Veilen made sure that his sword was tucked away into its sheath and to his side as he followed behind Aeradel.

16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Yukyo walked out into the late night with a drink in his hand looking up into the sky. As he took a couple of sips, he took a breath of fresh air before exhaling. Although it didn't seem like it, many thoughts had been running across his mind. So much had happened within one single day, it had started processing through his head. He took another sip before heading back inside for a well deserved rest.

The next day had come around and it was pretty early for Yukyo to be up. He gathered his things together before proceeding to getting dressed. He got his cape on and grabbed his four-leaf clover necklace and proceeded outside. He was probably the first one outside as the others had not been there when he got outside. Yukyo looked to the others that had begun making their way outside. "
    Well good morning sunshines! How are we feeling today everybody??" Yukyo smiled as he greeted everybody.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    ~Time skippidy Skip again cause people need to be introduced.~​
    It took a couple days to travel, a couple days in which Aeradel was starting to get rather sick of the company that she was keeping. She missed the days of just her and her siblings hiding out and looking out for each other. For the most part, Andrus didn't scout ahead like he was supposed to, instead choosing to stick close to Rayen. Rayen was never far from Aeradel and refused to talk with the other members of their party, even going as far as to whisper in Aeradel's ear so she could respond to things for her. Aeradel hated to bring them along with her when she knew that this mission could get dangerous. But with her was the only place that Aeradel knew was at least somewhat safe. They were being hunted. Even if Aeradel left them in a town with people who would take care of them, she would always wonder if the demons had found her siblings yet. She wouldn't have been able to do what she needed to do if she left her siblings behind.

As it was reaching evening of the second day, the mountain village came into sight.
    "Here we are. Andrus go check for danger." Thankfully, he listened this time, taking off from Rayens shoulder and flying over the village, circling before returning to Rayen and nodding in Aeradel's direction. "Well it looks like we are clear." Aeradel told the others as she moved her hood up to obscure her face slightly as she walked into town. While she knew that she should trust this town, she still was cautious, and always kept in front of her sister. Most people in the town seemed weary of their presence there, but this was to be predicted from the mountain people. They tended not to be fond of outsiders. Once Aeradel was certain for herself that there were no demons or anyone out of the ordinary here, she pulled down her hood so people could see who they were. "Please be polite and do not, under any circumstances act hostile." Aeradel said under her breath to everyone with her before approaching the center of the settlement.

18. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Reva was outside skinning one of her hunts when she noticed the group enter the town. This was not exactly a normal occurrence to have travelers unless they worked as merchants or suppliers, and the others in the village noticed. Staying away and side-eying them to make sure they were not up to trouble. But the village, the energy was just abysmal. Everyone looked just depressed or just distant from everyone. And not interested in figuring out who these new arrivals were.

Reva was one of those not interested in exploring who these people could possibly be. She just continued to sit in front of her house working on the skinning. She only had until sundown to finish with this and she was not going to let a bunch of random travelers with minimal knowledge of the state of this village interrupt that. As she finished up with a large batch of meat, she began moving it over towards the lady across the way, avoiding giving the larger group of outsiders any form of eye contact.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

By the time that they had finally arrived at the settlement, Veilen had gotten tired of all the walking that it took to finally get there. It was less so that his legs ached as a result of lack of muscles, with all of the training that he had to do over the years, that would be surprising to him if that was the case. It was more the lack of a break, which given what they going to the settlement to do made sense, but it still sucked regardless of that fact. Once they were inside the settlement, he started to look around at everything that was situated around them.

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    After walking for some time, Aeradel had notified the group that they had arrived to the village. As they walked into the village, she had told them to be polite and not to cause any trouble nor act hostile. Yukyo shrugged his shoulders as he continued to walk. He felt several pairs of eyes on him as he walked, he turned his head to find several women looking at him. He smiled before he gave a wink toward the women. A slight pink had dusted each of the women's faces at the sight of Yukyo. "A beautiful day is it not?" Walking over to another woman, he bent down on one knee, as he took her hand and placed a kiss on it. "Could this beautiful day be occuring because of your unwavering beauty, my dear?" Red dusted her cheeks as she placed her free hand to one of her cheeks. Standing up, he blew her a kiss before rejoining the group. The woman immediately fell onto a nearby chair, swooning over Yukyo. Little did he realize from his little ego wonderland, that the people of the village had been eyeing him, thinking he was a lunatic. Yukyo stopped for a second before shrugging his shkulders and continued walking. Reaching the settlement, he saw Veilen looking around them. "Something feeding your curiosity?" Yukyo asked Veilen as he stood next to him.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.