A message from Tetsuya Nomura on Kingdom Hearts at E3 2015

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

In a whirlwind of announcements for Kingdom Hearts fans, series director Tetsuya Nomura took to the Square-Enix blog to address fans directly. You can read the full text below.
    Be sure to check out and share your thoughts on the new Kingdom Hearts III and Unchained χ trailers.

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Crypt
      Crypt
      Thank you, Nomura. Now, how about porting FFXV and KH3 to PC pls?
    2. Misty
      Misty
      I'm really unsure about where this expectation originates. Yes, it's true that the system architecture of this console generation is very similar to the PC, and that KH3 is being developed on Unreal Engine 4. Square Enix Japan just doesn't turn out games on PC, because PC gaming isn't big in Japan -- and yeah, they're banking on FFXV and KH3 performing well in the west and they will probably want to suck all the money they can out of them. Honestly I'm still skeptical about whether KH3 will come to the Xbox One at all, given how few shits Square seems to give about FFXV on the platform and how FFXV will probably not perform well on it.

At the very least, if they do come to PC, I don't see it happening until after they've released on the consoles. I wouldn't expect or hope for an announcement to the contrary any time soon.
    3. Crypt
      Crypt
      Well Square-Enix Japan has the following Final Fantasy games on PC:
      • Final Fantasy III
      • Final Fantasy IV
      • Final Fantasy VII
      • Final Fantasy VIII
      • Final Fantasy XI
      • Final Fantasy XIII
      • Final Fantasy XIII-2
      • Final Fantasy XIV
      FFXV on Xbox One isn't surprising at all considering how FFXIII went to Xbox 360 and such. It's true that they hardly embrace PC for the lack of popularity in Japan (you'd think that the country with the leading industry in technology would be all over the superior performance of the PC, but I digress). However, they port a lot of their titles over to PC eventually. I imagine FFXV will come to the PC at some point. Squeenix has officially stated that they have discussed the idea, but haven't drawn a conclusion. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-wants-to-bring-final-fantasy-games-to-pc/1100-6417852/

As for FFXV underperforming on Xbox One, I mean, what do you consider good performance? Both consoles struggle to keep the game at potato-grade 30FPS. Eek. It dipped to, like, 13 at some point.

KH3 is a bit of a different story. It's the first Kingdom Hearts title to be released as a multiplatform. There's no chance Square is just going to pull the plug on KH3 for Xbox One, especially with how versatile the game engine they're using is. But I can honestly see them ignoring a release/port for PC. And that's whatever.
    4. Misty
      Misty
      Most of the Final Fantasy games available on PC were ported years fter their release, I don't see why FFXV would be much different.

As for performance on the Xbox, you're right that the demo had performance issues on both consoles and that's to be expected. The recent patch they released brought the PS4 version to a fairly stable 30fps, with occasional dips into the 20s (which is perfectly reasonable for a demo). As I understand it, Xbox players are pretty much being left high and dry.

Just because the games are coming to both consoles doesn't mean Square cares about or is treating them equally. Sales for the Xbox One are virtually non-existant. If FFXV underperforms on the Xbox, I can absolutely see Square silently pulling the Xbox release for KH3. Adding to that, there's the additional barrier to Xbox players of never having a KH title on the platform.
    5. libregkd
      libregkd
    6. Crypt
      Crypt
      There really is only so much you can do with a $500 piece of machinery nowadays. Console manufacturers lose money on the systems because they're trying to push so much power into a "consumer-friendly" price point and it really shows with this game. When you have a graphical market growing way faster than more efficient AND cheap GPU architectures, it's just not going to make any progress. Poor Xbox One just isn't as good as the PS4, but the PS4 ain't doing it any favors. I fear for the next generation of consoles because if the way they approach graphics continues, consoles will most likely be either more expensive, completely suck at everything performance-wise, or completely sacrifice frame rates (hence sucking). Or they could become more flexible and allow graphical customization and hardware customization. Why they haven't already baffles me.

But if you want to do that, just get a gaming PC. It's best at everything anyways. WHICH IS WHY WE NEED A PC PORT OF THIS GAME. 60FPS+ is such a better experience for literally everything in gaming.
    7. libregkd
      libregkd
    8. Crypt
      Crypt
      It WAS the point, but now they've gone and added an interface, media services, social services, etc. to compete with the PC that still does all of that best. And if you want that out of a PC, get a Steam Box. No need for Windows.