A Limitless world.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Odamadillo, Jan 27, 2013.

1. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh no! Bloo ; ;

Chapter 8 was fantastic, Oda!
    Keep up the great work!

2. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I know it has been some time but I am back in business so enjoy the next chapter my loyal fans.

Chapter Nine: Too proud to break

Oda tumbled onto his knees as his eyes caught sight of the shards of Bloo's shield hitting the ground while the one armed silver Minotaur let out a loud mocking laugh at his foe's expense. "The poor man dubbed the human robot stands alone after some stranger took an attack for him. Pathetic weak fools now to take down the last man standing." said Amaury as he walked towards his next would be victim. Normally Oda would be competely useless in this situation but something seemed to be controlling him as he pulled out the Hyperion and stood ready to strike his foe.

As Oda waited for Amaury to attack he began charging his Sword Art Ability only this time it seemed different. Amaury was now about four yards away and Oda had finished charging his attack so both were ready to strike and in an instant both warriors slash at the other. Amaury using a normal strike but Oda using his ability Paradise Strike only this time the only scene that appeared was a golden beach that had the sun setting in the distance over the Sapphire sea. Once both had stopped in their atacks they stood still with their backs to the other.

Oda was the first to lose grip on his weapon as it hit the ground and his health bar dropped to yellow. It seemed for sure that Oda had lost as he struggled to reached the critcal Bloo and Amaury had broken out into a laughing fit. Unphased by the laugh echoing across the room Oda used a potion on Bloo removing him from critical red health to barely yellow health. It was at that very moment the laughing stopped and the sound of a metal crashing to the floor echoed across the room. The very last of Amaury's health had been taken by Oda's attack meaning the group had won.

All seven of the team then began to glow each getting a level up screen but what level they reached was unknown due to the varied levels of the group to begin with. At that moment a screen appeared before Oda offering him three items Minotaur horns, Essence of Amaury and Silver Minotaur cloak. Oda accepted all the items but then opened a trade menu and sellected to trade the cloak to Myst. Since his allies were still knocked out Oda managed to walk over to Myst and use his finger to accept the trade. Aware that his allies would soon wake up Oda took the chance to leave the group and drink a potion himself.

Now back in green health Oda walked through the door to level two leaving everone else behind. Sapphire was the first to awaken ten minutes after Oda left. Noticing the battle was over and won by her level increase she also noticed Oda was gone when all that was said to her since entering the dungeon went through her mind. "I can't stay with these people, I would only cause them pain. I have to leave them behind" thought Sapphire as she left the group and followed Oda to the next level. Another thirty minutes passed before any of the others shown any sign of waking up until Jin became to awaken.

Once Jin had fully awakened the first thing he did was run to his allies seeing all of them were stable and set to awaken in time. Once he had confirmed that Joser was safe he finally realized both Oda and Sapphire were gone but laughed at that realization. Hearing Jin laugh caused both Myst and Star to stir and slowly wake up. "Why are you laughing?" Asked Myst as he had fully woke up. "Because the silent loner has gone and it seems the Amazon has followed him" said Jin in response to Myst's question causing both and the newly awakened Star to burst out laughing.

Aware that the only reason they laughed was the nicknames Jin gave his former comrads he just smiled, "So you guys want to tag along with me for a while leaving both Bloo and Joser here to recover more?" Asked Jin to which both Star and Myst nodded and the trio walked through the door to level two without a second thought about the friends left behind. It would be another hour before Bloo and Joser began to awaken but when they did it was not surprising how much more difficult and strained they were compared to their former team mates.

As both had fully woke up they still struggled to get onto their feet and the room was filled with an awkward silence. "Joser it seems we won even after you got impaled on horns and my sheild was shattered into pieces. I guess that means we are as great as Kirito" said Bloo to break the silence causing both to start laughing until Bloo realized what had taken place. "We all had been put through our paces and what did our team mates do they leave the most critical to fend for themselves? Some friends but for Oda I am not surprised and I'd bet he wasthe one who ended the battle because he is too proud to break" said Bloo.

3. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Odaaaaa!!!!
    Yayz! A Limitless World's return!

Chapter nine was great!
    Nice work once again!
    Gets better and better =)

4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Glad you are back on it. Good to see everyone made it through okay, and that Oda decided to be nice for whatever reason. Good Title too. I look forward to your returning works.

5. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Great chapter, can't wait for the next one.

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Thanks for the comments and it is my pleasure to reward you with the next chapter.

Chapter Ten: Heart of the denied

Bloo and Joser were now fully healed and ready to move on to the next level, "One down 99 to go" said Joser as he took the lead walking towards the door with Bloo following a few steps behind him. Once both were at the door Joser stepped through it and appeared at the bottom of some stairs by a sign that said "Stairs to the town of Fate" Bloo appeared beside Joser waiting for his friend to lead them up the stairs. "Off to the town of Fate" said Joser as he lead the duo up the stairs wondering what the town would be like. Once they reached the top of the stairs the sight of a town quite similar to the one where Gerald first appeared reached the eyes of Joser and Bloo.

"Joser I am going to look around town on my own for a while to see if I can find any info on our friends any maybe get a new sheild. Meet you at the inn later bye" said Bloo as he ran into the town leaving Joser behind but remaining in the party. Now on his own Joser entered the town looking for someone to ask for information. After about twenty minutes Joser noticed more players around and overheard two of them talking. "Can you believe how easy it was to get here?" Asked one of them. "Yeah it was too easy because there was no boss like the rumour said. When I first heard that the Boss only had to be beaten once for all the players to be able to reach the next level I thought it was just crap meant to trick weak players into getting erased but I was wrong." Replied the other player leaving Joser stunned as he rushed off to find the inn to meet up with Bloo.

Before Joser could reached the inn something causes him to stop, "Joser!? I know that name you are Joseph aren't you? It is me Doctor Harrison." Said a tall man wearing civillian clothing and no hair. The man looked about 69 years old. "Doctor Harrison you got this game too? I never would have thought you would considering you don't like computers much after the mix up with that patient" said Joser as he walked up to the man he was talking to.

"Joser call me by my name here which is Xan. And to tell you the truth I am here because of you, hearing you talk about the joy of all that tech made me decide to give things a try and now I am here trapped like everyone else. What do you say we walk and talk for a while?" Asked Xan to which Joser nodded and the two of them started to walk down an alley towards what seemed to be an empty section of town. "Xan what do you plan to do here in this world?" Asked Joser as the pair reached an empty building that was for sale.

"I have been thinking and have decided I will stay here in this town and open a medical items store to help the players survive and win the game" answered Xan as Joser noticed the for sale sign and price. "This place seems like a good spot to open up why don't you buy the place?" asked Joser while Xan looked at the building in question. "It does look like a good place to set up a shop but I don't know how long it will take me to raise the money to buy it" said Xan which a near by NPC overheard and approached the pair.

"I don't mean to but in on your private conversation but I am the one selling this building and if you are interested I will be more than willing to accept 100,000 money for it." Said the NCP to his potential buyer. "That sounds very reasonable but I don't have that kind of money on me and have no idea where I could get it" said Xan. "There is a tournament being held tomorrow where the prize is 100,000 money" replied the NPC. "I'll enter for you Xan I owe you that much. Where do I sign up?" Asked Joser to which the NPC pointed to a building that looked like a battle arena which Joser quickly made haste to followed by Xan.

"Joser you don't have to do this for me, I haven't done anything for you other than tell you a devestating reality. How can you say you owe me when I told you that you are going to die!?" Asked Xan loudly but not loudly enough for the people around to hear. "Doctor Harrison you are my doctor, you have always told me the blunt truth when everyone else tried to suger coat things to make it easy on me. You may have told me that my heart is failing me and I have been turned down by the transplant board. But the fact you actually just came out and told me I had no hope of a future made me feel normal even if it was just a second." Said Joser.

Xan was speachless and frozen after hearing Joser's words, "Doc Harrison you treated me like the adult I wanted to be and helped me vow to live life to the fullest. That is why I came to this world so I can push myself to do so many things I couldn't do in the real world. I can live my virtual life to the fullest fighting monsters, traveling to see all the beautiful scenes of nature, being the man I want to be so I am entering for the thrill of the contest and to win you the prize money. This will be part of my story the one everyone will tell when they return to the real world." Said Joser as he signed up for the tournament. Xan then thought "So noble is the heart of the denied"

7. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Keep up the good work, Oda! You have so much potential!

8. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

The month is alnost over so I thought I would bless the fans with the next chapter enjoy

Chapter Eleven: A lonely Melody

Joser just finished signing up for the tournament, "We have our 32 contestants so no more sign ups. The line up will be posted tomorrow morning at eight hundred hours see you then" said the man behind the sign up desk. "Joser if you are entering on my behalf the least I can do is pay for your accomadation for the night follow me to the inn" said Xan as he started to walk back the way they came from with Joser just behind him. "Hey you hold on! I want to talk to you" said a female voice from behind the two of them.

Xan and Joser turned around to see a girl with her blond hair tied short. She was wearing green knight armour with plain dark green gloves. "I am Joy, I entered the tournament too and I heard the old man say you entered for him. What does he mean?" Asked the girl. "I am Joser and the "old man" is Xan. He has helped me in real life a lot so I owe him and in order to repay that debt I entered the tournament to win the money so he can buy a building to open up a medical supplies store in town" said Joser. Joy smiled in response to Joser's reason for entering the tournament then she looked at Xan.

"I am only entering to test my skills so don't count on Joser winning because I will stop him." Said Joy as she walked past Xan not caring what either one said or did. Xan just turned around and continued making his way to the inn with Joser just behind. When the duo entered the inn Joy was renting a room while Bloo was at a table waiting for Joser. Joser went to Bloo while Xan went to rent a few room. "There is only three rooms left on the top floor. Room three was taken by this guy while Joy just took room one. You can have the last three rooms here." Said the Inn keeper as he handed Xan the key to room two, four and five.

"Joser I got the last three rooms for you me and your friend. You can have room four while I have room five leaving room two for your friend" said Xan as he handed the room keys to the ones they were meant for. The trio made their way up the stairs and each entered their own room losing sight of each other. In their rooms each began to prepare for bed and once they were ready none of them could get to sleep, each troubled by something known only to them. Joser thought maybe some air could help him so he walked to the window and opened it.

As he looked out the window Joser began to think back to the day Xan gave him life changing news. "That day Xan told me I would never get a heart and was doomed to die, I couldn't believe it so I lashed out and ran away from the hostipal to Xan's house where I saw his beloved dog I the garden. I attacked his dog and killed it with his own car. I have lived with this guilt since. Should I tell him that is my real reason for helping him?" Thought Joser as tears started to fall from his eyes while he looked at the window to room five.

In room five Xan tries to combat his trouble sleeping by remembering how tiring his work had been for him in the real world when his mind returned to the day before he gave Joser such deveastaing news. "The day before Joser's case was meant to go before the transplant board he had heart failure so I had to operate to start his heart again. Everything went fine in the surgery or so I thought. Until the next day I was told I accidentally weakened his blood flow and made it very unlikely he would survive the transplant he was previously approved for. I cost him his life can really accept his help?" Thought Xan with tears in his eyes over his heartbreaking mistake.

Bloo was lying on his back trying to get some sleep but failing because the memory of seeing Joser impailed on Minotaur horns kept poping into his head. Trying to combat his lack of sleep, Bloo summoned his new silver shield. "I bought this shield from a blacksmith who just finished making it. I didn't hesitate to buy it and he said no refunds but it was then he said it was formed from silver Minotaur horns that was sold to him that day, Amaury's horns. Am I insulting Joser by using a shield made using the very horns that nearly killed him?" Thought a highly troubled Bloo.

Joy was lying in her room also having trouble sleeping, she was being haunted by Joser's reason. "That guy is going to fight to win the money for his friend not to prove his power. His reason makes me smile, I think it made me like him but will these feelings effect my fighting?" Thought Joy. The night seemed quiet for a while then until a soft lullaby like tune started to echo round the top floor of the inn. It seemed to be coming from room three, the tune sounded quite sweet but hearing it made the four feel very lonely. As the tune began to end Joser, Joy, Xan and Bloo all thought the same thing, "No I can't tell him even if it means I have to be alone!" A decision made listening to a lonely melody.

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

That was a nice way to end that last chapter: All four of them coming to the Exact same conclusion though they were speaking of different people and reasons. It was quite poetic. I like how you are putting the characters in realistic positions, although a few more details could be put in at times, those are very minor and aren't particularly needed. I am liking the story so far, Keep it up!

10. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Chapter Twelve: Friendly fire

The following morning Joser, Bloo, Joy and Xan found themselves hearing a very familiar tune coming from room three. It was the Sword Art Online theme song so as they each exited their rooms the door to room three opened as the player came into view. The player was wearing a cloak of mystery which hides the identity of the wearer from players, creatures and NPCs. "Hey that is the third time we have heard music here. Were you the one Who player Always there in a forest near the first town?" Asked Bloo only getting a simple yes nod from the cloaked player. "We better get going we have to be there soon follow me to the tournament" said Xan as he began to head down the stairs with Joser and Joy following. Bloo looked at the cloaked player then followed Joser down the stairs so he didn't get left behind.

As Bloo gave back his key to the inn keeper he noticed the key to room three land next to him on the desk as the cloaked player left through the door. The group left the inn following Xan's lead and after about ten minutes the group arrived at the location of the tournament. As the group waited Bloo was approached by an NPC he seemed to know. "Excuse me Bloo, I am sure you recognize me but I have a favour to ask of you. My son was supposed to enter the tournament on our behalf but he was hurt on the hunt last night so could you take his place. You would get to keep half of the prize money of course plus you could get the chance to try out that new sheild I made you" said the town blacksmith.

Bloo was surprised but accepted the offer to take the son's place in the tournament, the Blacksmith then ran to tell the announcer the new combatant name. Before anyone could comment the announcer rang his bell catching everyone's attention. "The first match will now take place will Jeweled Dragon and Timeless Savior please report to the arena stage" said the annoucer as he entered the arena. Joy just laughed and walked into the stands entry door with the group following to find the very same player from the inn waiting there at the far left. "You are inn the tournament too?" Asked Joy only to get a simple yes nod. "What can't talk?" Asked Joy as the group saw the cloaked player.

"The cloak of Mystery only covers the player name and appearence. The wearer's voice would remain the same" said Bloo as he took a seat to watch the up coming match slowly followed by Joser, Joy and Xan. The cloacked player remained leaning on a wall awaiting the chance to see the other combatants in battle. Five minutes passed and no one had walked onto arena stage causing concern among the waiting combatants. "Jeweled Dragon, Timeless Savior. Report to the stage or be disqualified" said the announcer as a whistle echoed from the entrance. Everyone looked at a figure in the shadows to seemed to be catching their breath.

A man came out of the shadows, he had blue eyes hidden behind a pair of black framed glasses. The man had short black hair with a slightly longer fringe then the rest. He was wearing normal civillian wear with the exception of a green robe. He pulled out a normal sword as he walked on stage. "I am Timeless Savior, My player name is actually Linkman but Timeless Savior sounds better. Sorry I was late I got a little lost" said the man in the green robe. "Timeless Savior has arrived, unless Jeweled Dragon arrives in the next two minutes he will win by default" said the announcer. Linkman seemed annoyed he couldn't fighting yet but was caught by surprise as a spear hit the center of the arena.

Before anyone can say anything someone jumped off the arena roof onto the stage. As they got up it became clear they wear female. But this was no normal female since both Bloo and Joser jumped up seeing her. "SAPPHIRE!" They both yelled inn surprise not expecting to see her again so soon. Sapphire grabbed her spear from the center of the arena. "I am Jeweled Dragon my player name is Sapphire so can we fighting now?" Asked Sapphire as she stared at the annoucer hoping the answer would be yes. "Both of our combatants have arrived! Please walk to the colored corners. Timeless Savior you are in the blue while Jeweled Dragon is the red." Said the Annoucer as both Linkman and Sapphire went to their assigned corners.

"Before the battle begins let me make the rules clear. We have three rules here. Rule one, Anyone Who falls off the arena stage loses. Rule two, In each battle you may only use one weapon. Rule three, Once your opponent is inn red Health you win. Other than that anything is allowed so let the battle begin on my mark! One, Two, Three START!" Yelled the announcer as the bell rung giving Linkman and Sapphire the all clear to attack. Neither fighter was waiting since both began charging towards the other the second they heard the bell ring.

Sapphire tried to stab Linkman in the stomach with her spear only for him to jump over her and try to strike at her from behind. Sapphire dodged by jumping forward and out of Sword reach. Realizing she would have to try something unexpected Sapphire lifted her spear above her head and charged at Linkman seeming to be planning on stabbing him in the eye. Linkman prepared himself to dodge her spear then strike at her from the left knowing she woudn't be able to get out of the way in time.

11. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Sadly I have to double post this update. I hope I won't have to for the next one.

Chapter Thirteen: Silent Victory

As Sapphire ran towards Linkman she surprised him and everyone watching as she shoved her spear head into the floor and used it to catapult herself at Linkman to deliver a powerful kick to his gut sending him flying out of the arena into a wall making his health yellow. "Wow it looks like we have a winner. Lets hear it for the Jeweled Dragon better known as Sapphire" said the annoucer as he saw Sapphire take her spear and walk off the stage then jumped back to the roof to watch the up coming fights.
    With her good seat Sapphire had a good view of Bloo, Joser and Joy as they won their battles without much trouble. As the next few fights took place she fell asleep while the other met Xan for food leaving the cloaked one alone.

"We have see thirty of our contestants fight so it is time for the final battle of today's battles give it up for The Mime and The Sensei" said the Annoucer as a boy ran onto the arena. The boy looked about 15 with black hair. He was wearing civillian wear which were plain white. As he took a strange stance his weapon, a pair of nunchucks appeared in his hands. "The Sensei has arrived to clean house!" Said the boy. The clocked player from the inn walked onto the arena and just stood still causing the annoucer to speak up. "Are you the Mime?" He asked which was responded to with a nod from the cloaked player who didn't remove their cloak.

"Then let this battle begin!" Shouted the Annoucer waking up Sapphire as Xan, Joy, Joser, Bloo and Linkman returned to the stands to watch the final battle. "I'm The Sensei but you can call me Victor!" Said the boy before becoming angered by his opponent's dismissive actions. Victor ran at The Mime swinging his weapon around accidetally tripping himself up taking some of his health in the process. Everyone bursts out in laughter causing Victor to get onto his feet even more angry. "Quit laughing or I'll make you!" He yelled as he whacked the floor with his nunchucks causing it to crack. Everyone went silent as Victor began another charge towards his foe.

Swinging his weapon over his head as he ran Victor accidentally mistepped tripping over his own foot missing his foe entirely causing everyone to burst out laughing again. Enraged for being a laughingstock Victor got back onto his feet and began swinging at his foe missing time and time again while The Mime didn't move a single muscle. "Is this kid a serious contestant? He can't even land a single blow" said Linkman. "Don't underestimate him, he could surprise us with his Sword art Ability" said Bloo. "You can't dodge my Ninjax forever" declared Victor as he kept attacking. After swinging several times he stopped to catch his breath and the laughing slowly began to stop.

"The Mime hasn't made any attacks, that could prove a stupid move" said Joy while everyone else just remained silent. Victor had caught his breath and this aimed for the legs of his foe. He put too much weight on his right side and ended up face down on the arena floor losing about a quarter of his health. After failing to make any contact and almost being in yellow health Victor had no other choice. "Time to break out my ability!" He foolishly yelled as he began to charge with his weapon in both hands. Each end began to glow white as his entire body became engulfed in the glow. He began to take a meditive pose causing everyone to become speechless.

As the glow grew brighter it began to change colour to red and then to blue to yellow and finally black. "The Sensei will soon strike you down. The Mime is doomed COUNT ON IT!" Yelled Victor as the glow began to fade while he returned to his feet while his right hand moved to hold the same end as is left and the other half of his weapon went behind his back. As Victor was about to swing his weapon forward the words "Ninjax blast" appeared before his eyes which he then shouted out. But sadly he swung his weapon too let as the blast from his ability flew by the Mime's left side causing no harm to him but blowing up a large section of the arena.

"The kid wasted his ability! Wait look!" Yelled Bloo as he noticed that the attack had blown the cloak off the Mime revealing it was Oda who had fallen asleep on his feet. Sapphire jumped down off the roof in surprise, Bloo and Joser also ran to the arena too slowly followed by Linkman, Xan and Joy. "Stay back otherwise I will have to disquilify you all" said the Annoucer. Everyone stopped in their tracks but Bloo seemed angry. "Hey Kid you should quit! That guy is Oda! He is the guy who beat the Level one Boss!" Yelled Bloo which caused Joy, Xan, Linkman and Victor to gasp. "This guy beat a Boss!?" Yelled Victor in pure shock. But he refused to give up and rushed right at Oda.

Oda was sound asleep when a gust of wind hit his face causing his hair to blow in the breaze. Sadly the breaze caused Victor's nunchucks to swing infront of his foot causing him to tumble out of the arena while going to yellow health. "W.. we have a winner? The Mime, Oda moves on to the next stage so can someone wake him up?" said the Annoucer. Xan began to whistle the tune he heard the night before which caused Oda to open his eyes as he got out his harmonica and began playing Julia from Final Fantasy eight as he slowly walked past Bloo and the group while Victor was hitting the ground in anger for losing so badly.