A Limitless world (Rebooted)

Discussion in 'Written Works' started by Odamadillo, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Since this is a rebooted version of an old story I used to write I decided it may be best to post up the prologue and first chapter at once. I hope you enjoy reading this.

Prologue: Hirujuki's cage
    In the year 2020, the world was in awe at the announcement of the Virtuia Company. They had announced that a new player system have been developed based upon a fictional idea. In the anime/manga known as Sword art Online there is gear known as nerve gear which allows a player’s mind to be inserted into a game. That idea inspired Geraldo Hirujuki to found the Virtuia company with the goal of making that gear a reality. He personally announced that in three months time he would be releasing the gear to the public including a copy of the game “100 battlefields” which is based on the story of Sword Art Online. Hirujuki revealed that only 10,000 pieces of gear would be released at first to see if the servers can maintain stability. The gamers of the world all started to save money to purchase the item everyone wanted.

The ways everyone saved money varied based upon the person involved. Some sold their other games and consoles, others sold their cars and some even sold their homes. When the gear went on sale it sold out fast. But the biggest surprise was that many of the buyers didn’t get it for themselves. They had bought it for their children or for their siblings. Hirujuki was happy that the first ones to try the game world he created would be the ones who would enjoy it the most. When all 10,000 pieces were sold , Hirujuki announced that the game would go live in two weeks time at 18:06.06 Japan time. The many gamers of the world could hardly wait for their chance to live in a game for the first time ever.

In a small backwater town in North Wales, a hermit gamer watched helplessly as the countdown to the game launch ticked away on his computer monitor. “What was I thinking!? I haven’t left my house in years and I step out to go get a game that everyone wanted! Of course I’d freak out and have a panic attack! I’m a freaking hermit for gods sake” said the gamer with a very upset yet annoyed tone in his voice. His anger had control of him until a knock was heard on his door. “Go away! I am not in the mood for company today” said the gamer but he was shocked when he heard a laugh on the other side of the door. His door then swung open and his older brother was stood there with both his parents and his grandmother.

“Something tells me your mood is about to change bro!” said the brother when he stepped aside revealing a box containing the nerve gear and 100 battlefields game. The gamer was frozen in place by pure shock which caused his family to start laughing. The laughter was broken by his father saying, ”We all came together to buy you this stuff because it had to be important for you to leave this house. I hope you enjoy playing it but don’t forget about us!” The gamer ran to his father and gave him a hug, then his mother, brother and grandmother in that order. After the hugs, his family left him to it as he set up the gear and registered an account ready to activate the game as it launched. The gamer shouted "LOG ON" at the top of his voice as soon as the servers came online.

Everything was black until a voice asked a few questions. “What gender do you wish to play? What body type? Skin colour? And many others. After answering all the questions the voice spoke once more and said “Welcome to 100 Battlefields. All players start in The town of beginning with 2500 money. Use that money to buy what ever armour and weapon you wish to use. It is also recommended you go to the town hall to register your character. Enjoy your first virtual experience” The excitement that the gamer felt was high as the town suddenly appeared around him. The buildings were so big and looked very strong. The npcs and players looked so real. He was in an open area but felt calm. This was a whole new world for him to be a part of.

An hour had passed since the game went live and every player was called to the centre of town for another announcement. All the players gathered in town to hear the announcement when a familiar face appeared on a giant scree. It was Hirujuki. “Hello dear players. You know I founded my company to make all this a reality. I wanted to make Sword art online real. Every part of it but the only way for it to truly be real if to add the same odds and situation. So I did. The log out feature has been locked and the only way to unlock it is to beat the boss at level 100. The server is linked to the entire digital grid so trying to hack in or shut it down would result in all machinery shutting down including the ones in hospitals. I am more than happy to be named a monster since I guess I am one but you wanted this to be real so now it is. So enjoy you time trapped here” Hirujuki’s speech caused everyone to be speechless until one lone voice spoke up from the crowd.

“This is ridiculous! We are living people! You can not treat us like this!” the voice was of a girl in a black dress with brown hair tied into a ponytail that reached the bottom of her neck. Hirujuki jut laughed and his face disappeared from the screen causing a wide panic to spread through every player. The 100 battles for freedom were now an obligation instead of choice. The girl who spoke up spoke once more. “I am Garnet, I am going to form a party. If you want to be part of it then come back here when in an hour equipped. Until then go shopping for weapons, armour and medicine” With her words spoken she left the area to stock up on gear then made her way back a hour later to see if anyone would show up.

Chapter one: Rise of the phoenix
    The centre of town was empty and it seemed deserted since everyone is out looking for the boss room to move on with the game and get home. The first to arrive was a female who had brown hair platted into a ponytail that reached the base of her neck. Around her neck was a pendant in the shape of a purple tear. She was wearing a dark purple chest plate made out of iron. The chest plate had shoulder pads that looked like curved triangles while the neck line was a semicircle. The chest plate ended at the waist where she wore a black belt that had a small pouch attached. From the waist to the bottom of her thighs, she wore a purple skirt made of iron. On her wrists she wore iron bracers which were also purple and on her feet, she wore purple iron boots. This girl walked into the middle of the area and since it was empty, decided to practice with her new weapon while she waited. She called out a purple spear while was simply a plastic rod with an iron blade shaped like a diamond attached to the end.

The girl was alone for about five minutes when someone else entered the area. It was a male with tanned skin. He had black hair that parted to the left causing the fringe to reach the top of his left eye. The back of his hair stopped at the top of his neck. On his torso he wore a navy blue tin cuirass that ended on his shoulders. From his waist he wore black leather pants with navy blue tin greaves attached from the knees. On his feet he wore black tin boots and black tin wrist guards on wrists. He walked up to the girl and waved his right hand. “Hi, are you Garnet?” asked the man. The girl put away her spear and turned to the one who just spoke to her. “Yes I am Garnet. I take it you have come to join my party” said the girl. The man took a few steps back and pulled out a black broadsword. It was made out of iron and had leather on the handle. “I am the swordsman who will cut down any foe! The name is Jination or Jin for short” said the man.

Garnet felt embarrassed by Jin’s introduction and sighed in response to it. She sent Jin a party invitation which he quickly accepted. The two were about to talk but before they could a loud “Yo” was heard by them. They saw a girl running towards them. She had shoulder length blond hair that was held back by a white headband. Around her neck she wore a shark tooth. She wore a white silk dress that ended just above the knees. On her feet she wore white silk boots. On her hands she wore white silk gloves. The girl stopped just before the pair and pulled out a white silk whip. She swung it to the left then the right and finally struck the ground. While She was swinging her whip she said, “I am the one who will whip this party into shape. I am the sharply dressed Lady Nightmare! But you can call me Mare if you want.” Garnet thought “what is with these people!?” But Jin simply clapped in response to Mare’s introduction.

Garnet sent Mare a party invitation which was accepted taking the party up to three. The three of them waited a few more minutes but as they were about to start talking a small ball landed next to the three which released a puff of smoke. The trio were startled by the smoke and drew their weapons. Once the smoke began to clear a voice was heard from within, “From the dark burst of smoke arises the future king of creation. The mighty Buzzbomber! But you can call me Buzz” As the smoke faded it revealed a man with short green hair. He wore a green cloth cloak on his shoulders and down his back. Under the cloak he wore a dark green cloth shirt and dark green cloth pants. Around his waist he wore a black belt with five pouches across it. On his feet he wore a pair of green cloth shoes and on his hand dark green gloves. Mare and Jin clapped at Buzz’s introduction but Garnet became annoyed.

“What on earth is with you people!? We are facing life and death and you do those stupid introduction dance things!? This is not a joke!?” shouted Garnet which caused Mare’s face to get serious. “We KNOW this is life and death! We KNOW how serious this is but when would we ever have the chance to do this again? We are trapped here, away from our homes, our families and our friends. We have no idea what we are facing down the road so we find ways to lift our own spirits. Creatively introducing ourselves like that is one way we can do that. So do not try to stop us from having our fun. It is the only thing keeping us sane right now” explained Mare which caused Garnet to realise that she did enjoy the introductions a little. Garnet walked up to Mare and offered her a handshake which was gladly accepted.

Garnet sent Buzz an invitation which was accepted right away. That gives the party four members. They waited another ten minutes but no one else showed up so Garnet decides to speak up. “Looks like it is just the four of us. As you know I am Garnet, the leader of this party. Then we have Jin our swordsman, Our whip master Mare and Buzz our... uh. Buzz what exactly do you use?” Buzz laughed and then spoke up. “I don’t actually use a weapon. I am an alchemist so I use alchemy to create potions and can transform ores into ingots. I stocked up on smoke bombs and have a few health potions so I will fill the healing role.” Garnet was pleased to hear they had a healer in their party

“So we have a healer who can also give us cover if we need to escape. I am glad you three decided to join me. I saw a path towards a mountain during my shopping and I think we should climb it. Bosses always tend to be on mountain peaks in my game experience so shall we make that our first location to search?” asked Garnet which the other three agreed with a nod. The party started to head towards the exit they needed when Jin spoke up. “Hey Garnet, what is our party name? You created it so that must mean you named it right? Garnet laughed when she realised she never told them. “It is time to move out, From the ashes of fear we return. Let the fires of our power scorch the earth beneath our feet. It is the rise of THE PHOENIX” yelled Garnet as she ran out of the town with her team following behind with smiles on their faces.

2. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I decided to write the next chapter of this story. I hope you enjoy reading it.

Chapter 2: An Alchemist’s attack

Garnet and her team called The Phoenix were walking towards a mountain when they were surrounded by wild boars. There were 12 wild boars in total. “Three boars for each of us! Take them down!” yelled Garnet when she pulled out her spear and rushed at her boars. Mare just laughed and pulled out her whip. Jin pulled out his sword and Buzz pulled out two orbs from one of his pouches. Garnet was able to take down one boar with ease but two others attacked her from front and back. Fearful as her health lowered she used her spear as a pole to throw herself away from the boars but they gave chase. She took this chance to throw her spear at one of them which took it down. She retrieved her spear and easily finished off the last one.

Mare used her whip to trip one of her boars causing it to fall into another piercing it with it’s tusks. She struck at the injured boar and took it down while the other two began attacking each other. Mare just watched laughing until the boars took each other down to red health. It was at that moment, she struck them both giving the final blows winning her battles with ease. Jin used the simple stab them to death tactic using his broadsword. The first one was easy to behead and the second was cut in half. The third attacked Jin head on and he accidentally chopped off the tusks before killing it. It was as it lost the last of its health when Jin got a pop up saying “Boar tusks obtained”

Buzz was playing around and dodged the boars in a dancing fashion until one of the boars cried loudly. At that moment Buzz threw one of his orbs into it’s mouth causing it to swallow the orb. Buzz then lured the three together and threw the second orb at the boar who ate the other orb. Both orbs exploded killing all three boars at once. Once all four had won their battles they regrouped and continued down the path. The trip was very quiet until they encountered an NPC who was injured on the ground. Garnet approached the NPC and got a pop up “Aid the traveller: Main Quest. Do you accept?” Garnet clicked yes and the whole group got a pop up saying “Deliver rejuvenation potion to the traveller.” The group all checked their inventories but no one had one. It was at that moment Buzz noticed a satchel on the ground. He opened it and found a recipe for rejuvenation potion.

“Hey everyone! I found the recipe to make the potion! It says to make it you need a level 90 in alchemy. But thankfully there is a buff that effects alchemists that makes their first creation a guaranteed success. So if we can find the ingredients I should be able to make a potion fine. The items we need are Grounded Black boar tusks, Dragon egg yoke, Swamp mushroom and pure spring water.” Said Buzz which caused the group to think for a moment until Garnet spoke. “When I accepted the quest it said main quest so maybe we need to complete this quest to find the boss room.” What Garnet said made sense to the team so they all nodded and Jin spoke up. “We should return to town and look for info on where we can find the stuff we need to make that potion.” Everyone agreed and they made their way back to town.

The four of them made it back to town and split up to search for info on the four items they needed. Jin looked for the Dragon egg yoke, Garnet looked for grounded black boar tusk, Mare looked for pure spring water and Buzz looked for swamp mushroom. After about an hour and a half Garnet sent out a party alert to regroup. “Did any of you find what we are looking for?” asked Buzz but they all nodded no except Mare. “I found out that there is a spring of pure water on Mount Ferris to the east of this town. That is the opposite direction to where we were going before.” With that lead the four began making their way to Mount Ferris. It took them 45 minutes to reach the bottom of Mount Ferris and they began climbing.

Garnet found the climb easy for her and Mare used her whip to pull herself up by wrapping it around rocks above her. Jin and Buzz were climbing at their own pace. Garnet reached a cave with Mare just behind. “The spring we need is inside a cave of clear stones. But there was a warning that said to beware of greed” said Mare as both Jin and Buzz. The four entered the cave and soon realised the “clear stones” were actually diamonds. Jin was amazed by the shine of the jewels that he picked one up and suddenly a rumbling echoed through the cave. A crystal golem burst out of nowhere and swallowed Jin. Garnet and Mare both quickly attacked and were sent flying when their tumbles caused both of them to accidentally pick up a diamond each and this caused the golem to attack and swallow both of them as well.

Buzz was alone now but could see his three team mates trapped inside the golem. It was not moving and he realised that it only attacked after they each picked up a diamond. Buzz threw a few of his explosives at the golem but all it seemed to do was heat up the golem for a moment. Buzz’s efforts to free his team seemed to amount to nothing when a pop up appeared saying “Soul Ability Gauge full.” It was at that moment when Buzz knew what he had to do. He held out both his hands and declared “Soul ability activate.”

Buzz’s left hand began to glow black while the left began to glow white. He pulled his hands together over his head and the lights merged. He then used his arms to make circle of light. His right went clockwise and his left went anti clockwise. They met again between his legs and the circle of light took the form of a magical seal which sank into the ground. Two hand marks appeared on the floor and Buzz placed his hands on them. At this moment the words “Alchemic Wrath” appeared above Buzz’s head. He used his right hand to cast fire at the golem heating it up to a boiling point which caused his team mates to start to lose health from the heat. Then he lowered his right hand and raised his left. Using his left hand he cast out ice which quickly cooled the golem causing it to crack. Once the golem was completely cooled he lowered his left hand and then held his hands together and bashed them into the floor causing a stone spike to burst from the floor and shatter the golem freeing it's prisoners.