A Kingdom Hearts Story --- After KH2!! "THE ADDICTION"

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Juicy, May 31, 2008.

1. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

chapter 22 and 5 pages that will be the greates end ever that's what i call going out with a bang.

so the Caribbean is hot, Ralor.
    you live there if i come there i will burn alive.
    cheer up in netherland there is also no snow.
    or it is gone in 3 sec or it is water snow like.

2. Juicy Chaser

Guys, five pages isnt much. Usually I write about 8-9 pages worth in a chapter, and this one is extra long, so I'm not even half-way (lmao)

but hey, thanks for the support. I'm gonna do loads today, I've decided.

@Ralor. - Aha don't complain. I'd love it to be hot here. Its the middle of summer and it hasnt stopped raining! But we do get snow that's good.

@Lolermee - Wait.. Im sure it snows in the Netherlands...
    @Rinoa - Lol the fad for invisible writing is over for me...
    OWS Out!

Oh and this is gonna be my last post till the next chapter, I feel stupid spamming on my own thread lolz ;)

3. --K-H-A-- Moogle Assistant

Yay!!!! Update coming!!!!

P.S. I'm gone for a week and only 1 update?!

4. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

It rarely snows where I live.
    My friend lives in Florida.
    How do you think she feels??

It's nice you try to cheer him up.
    Yeah im kinda over it now too.
    Dang raining in UK and its the middle of summer??
    Dang.
    wait i already said that.:stupid:

What do you expect??
    No one can write a mile a minute.
    Oy, school nearly killed me!
    Oops i was :offtopic:

5. Juicy Chaser

Aha. The enthusiasm is nice but I'm afraid I'm not particuarly good at writing top-speed ;)

Oh, and your wish is my command :sweat:

~ ~ ~

Yes, dudes and dudettes, the final chapter is finally being posted by yours truly. I wish it could've been longer, and been more explosive.. but really, the story had to be rounded off neatly. I WILL continue to write however, infact there might even be a chance that I write a joint project with my pal and fellow writer kairi_girl_92.

There will definatly be an epilogue for this story, so don't think I'm quite done yet ;)
    I can't really believe this is the last chapter :( This being my very first fanfic, I was suprised that so many people read and enjoyed my work :D Its kinda sad that I've finished..

But what the heck. Enjoy!

Chapter 22

It was an unexpected day on the Destiny Islands. Word had flown through the villages that a young man had died in a horrific accident. According to the papers he had died from a broken neck after falling down some stairs. But those closer to the teenager knew this was just a cover up for what had truly happened.

White clouds eliminated any blue in the sky above. It was almost eleven o’clock; the funeral was due to start at half past. Kairi stood gazing out of the window. Considering it was summer it was bitterly cold; she was dressed in scarves and gloves and a hat. She would have to leave soon, to meet Sora at the park.

Gazing out to sea she saw with wonder that in the distance it was snowing. Snowing in August? It was strange, but for some reason it didn’t strike Kairi as odd. After all, today was an unexpected day in its own right. Maybe the snow would reach the island at some point.

“Suppose I better get going then…” Kairi muttered to herself. Locking her front door behind her she made her way down the deserted road. It seemed everyone who cared was already at the crematorium. It was eerily silent. Reaching the park Kairi perched on a swing. She almost jumped out of her skin when a hand grabbed her from behind.

“Gotcha!” Sora yelled and stepped in front. He was wearing formal clothes again; but not as dressed up as he had been at Clara’s party. He had a white shirt on, with plain black trousers. His hair for once was not spiked but flat. Kairi actually began to like his hair like that.

“Aren’t you cold?” Kairi said and stood up to greet him.

Sora coughed anxiously and smiled. “No I’m just fine.”

“I’m freezing my butt off here!” Kairi said and shivered as if to prove her point.

“Here.” Sora said kindly and encased her in a hug. Kairi relished the warmth of his body and nestled her face in his shirt.

After a few minutes Sora reluctantly let go of her. “We better get going, I think.” All his cheerfulness had disappeared as if it had been an act; now he was morose.

Kairi linked his arm at the offer and steadily they walked towards the crematorium.

Tidus sat huddled up in his seat, a gloomy Shell next to him. They were right at the front of the crowd gathered in the hall; in reserved seats for Riku’s closest companions. Wakka sat a few seats away crying alone. He hadn’t stopped since he had told Tidus about Selphie’s decision to dump him.

“You okay, Shell?” Tidus said soothingly. Shell looked up at his face and settled on his eyes.

“I’ll be fine. I’m more worried about Sora and Kairi to be honest. I hope they turn up.”

“They will. Don’t worry.”

Shell kept quiet and looked in distaste at the body directly in front of them. Of course, it was covered in a black cloth, but the knowledge that a dead body was under there gave Shell the shivers. And it was already cold enough.

Gazing across the room, she was astounded at how many people had turned up to pay final respects. Of course, much less people would have turned up had they known the truth. Those here were under the impression that they were saying goodbye to a lovely young man who had died in a tragic incident. That, Shell supposed, was partly true, just in a way they couldn’t expect.

Wakka sat alone, tears streaming down his cheeks. Most of the people here assumed he was crying for Riku. Tidus and Shell thought he was crying over Selphie. In reality it was a combination of them both.

I thought we were happy together… maybe I did something wrong? But what? I treated her lovingly with all my heart…

Riku… how could he just quit life like that… this funeral is so unreal.. I’m half expecting him to leap out of his coffin… to tell everyone it is a joke, he’s not dead…

She’s not here.. Will she come, or can’t she bear facing me…? I need to see her one last time.. Or I don’t think I can take it..

Riku.. I think I will crumble when I see him go up in flames…. How could this happen….

Blinking rapidly, Wakka spotted Sora and Kairi stepping through the double doors. Their cheeks and noses were faintly red; it must be getting colder out. Sora was dressed normally enough but for some reason Kairi was completely smothered in pink. Pink dress, pink jacket, pink hat, gloves, scarf. Even here tights were faintly pink. The eye shadow adorning her eyes was a shade of delicate pink. The only exception was her pale skin and her bright eyes. She stuck out like a sore thumb in the sea of black mourners.

Spotting Wakka the two hurried over and sat down. Kairi smiled tightly at Wakka, Sora’s hand in hers. Once again Wakka felt a pang of loneliness. Gazing over to Tidus and Shell he saw with panic that Selphie had joined them. He felt a sudden urge to call out to her, but it was too late for that; it seemed the ceremony was about to begin.

Kairi listened in disgust as a man who held power in the Destiny Islands spoke about Riku. He described Riku’s life perfectly; his time growing up and helping out all across the island, his mysterious disappearance a while ago, his reappearance, all the people who had loved him, his kind-hearted nature, his willing personality and his handsome looks. It should have been a perfect farewell. But Kairi felt nothing but anger.

How dare this man speak like this, Kairi thought, its like he’s reading from a script. Infact, he probably is. He didn’t know Riku. He may sound like he knew him perfectly, but really he doesn’t have the slightest clue who Riku is. This disgusts me. This isn’t what I wanted to happen.

Feeling anger burn up inside her, Kairi clenched her fists. It would give her great satisfaction right now to stand up and punch the dude squarely in the jaw. Boiling rage filled her veins. Narrowing her eyes Kairi felt tears of anger swarm her eyes. Biting her lip she began to shake.

Sora was there instantly, his soft hands on her arm. Holding her tightly, he whispered in her ear.

“Just hold on. I know how it feels. But you have to stay strong and ride it out.”

His caring words fought back her rage and Kairi relaxed in her seat. Finally the man finished speaking and left the podium. Next somebody asked if anybody wanted to make a speech. Kairi sat poker straight in her chair and wondered if one of her friends would accept the offer. To her sorrow there was silence.

Only one thing left to do now. Two people stepped forward with torches. Another man walked towards the body and pulled off the sheet.

At the sight of Riku’s dead face Kairi burst into tears. Gripping Sora tightly she sobbed bitterly, make-up running down her cheeks. Wakka gripped her tightly next to her, mimicking Sora. Kairi was grateful they were there; without them she would have collapsed.

“I can’t do this,” she cried, “Sora I can’t do this!”

Sora held her hand in a vice grip, his knuckles white.

“You can!”

“No! Please! So-So-Sora…” Kairi shook with tears. Wakka supported her shoulders, tears filling his own eyes. Sora pushed her into his chest, it was slightly comforting but still Kairi wept. The room was now a blurry mess. Brushing aside tears she saw the torch being held against Riku. The leaping flames began to lick his clothes.

Wakka tensed in his seat, half imagining Riku leaping up suddenly, laughing and exclaiming with wonder why everyone thought he was dead.

But that never happened. Instead the flames licked his shirt and fire began to spread up onto his body. Flames flickered up towards the ceiling, making the shadows dance. Through her blurry vision Kairi saw the orange flames become one big burning inferno and the whole room seemed to turn red. Fire, fire everywhere. Consuming somebody she once held so dear to her. One person, gone so quickly, burnt by those he left behind.

Kairi tried to push away the horrid morbid thoughts in her mind but they stayed there. She barely felt Sora and Wakka’s comforting hands. She could barely hear their soothing words. She was numb inside.

The room suddenly began to spin. Flames danced all around her. The smell of smoke haunted her senses. Suddenly the room became black and Kairi slumped forward in her seat. She had fainted.

“Kairi!” Sora said loudly, shaking her. “Kairi wake up!”

“Sora!” Wakka said, alarmed. “Everyone’s looking!”

Sora sighed and saw that what Wakka said was true. “I’ll take her out.” Sora decided and lifted Kairi with ease from her seat. Hundreds of eyes followed his movements. Kicking away his chair, he hauled Kairi up to his chest bridal-style.

For one moment Sora stood in front of the burning body, his silhouette black. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a mango. Looking at it for just a second, he smiled grimly. Holding onto its firm skin he stared into the flames.

“Here,” he said to Riku. “For the journey.”

With that he tossed the mango into the flames and left the hall with Kairi in his arms, stopping only for one last salute to his best friend.

“Kairi….”

The world was too blurry to wake up, Kairi decided. Maybe she should go back to sleep again.. So much easier..

“Kairi… Kairi…”

Someone was stroking her face. Why?

“Kairi..”

They always disturbed her when she was peaceful. How easy it would just be to sleep, forever…

“Kairi!”

Snapping awake, Kairi jolted up. With the realisation of being awake came the remembrance of what was happening and the return of sorrow. A worried-looking Sora knelt before her, a damp cloth in his hand. Seeing she was up he immediately hugged her tightly. Kairi closed her eyes, wishing she was still unconscious. When blacked out there was no suffering.

“Is it over?”

“No.” He answered, patting the back of her head. “It’s still going on in the main hall. We’re in one of the other rooms in this place.”

“Oh.” Kairi said.

“I’m here for you, okay?” Sora said. “Just you remember that-”

“I’m sorry!”

Sora looked at Kairi in disbelief. “What for?”

“It’s just.. I feel.. I’m always so… feeble. I always need rescuing. I’m so useless! I always feel, always feel needy. I really want to be independent, but I always end up in trouble… I… I… I don’t want to be like this, Sora. I want to be strong. I’m really sorry, I’m so fragile and silly, I-”

“Kairi stop that!”

Kairi stopped in mid-sentence, shocked that Sora had snapped at her.

His face softened, to her relief. “Kairi, I don’t care. I don’t care how fragile you are, how you always need rescuing. I don’t mind. The fact is, I love you just the way you are. One day you’ll be independent. And you’ll be even more beautiful than you are now. If that’s.. If that’s possible.”

Kairi melted and fell onto him, crying but relieved. Years worth of tense thoughts that she had built up inside her disappeared. One of many burdens seemed to lift from her shoulders.

“Sora…” she sighed, closing her eyes. When she opened them she saw his face close to hers. Licking her lips she kissed him softly. He returned the kiss hungrily, hoping to find a small moment of happiness.

Lifting Kairi up Sora walked out of the door. “Lets leave.” He whispered when their lips parted. Walking into the corridor Sora headed for the main entrance.

The scene turned bright white as soon as Sora stepped out of the dark crematorium. For a while he wondered why it was so bright; it was almost blinding to look around. The floor was white, the sky was white. The trees in the area were white. It took a few minutes for him to work out what was going on; but finally the flakes settling on his face gave it away - it was snowing.

Sora gazed in wonder at the landscape. There was that delicious silence you only heard when the snow was deep, and the crunch of his footsteps. Kairi gasped softly and Sora carefully lowered her onto her feet.

She walked forward, standing out so brightly in pink. She was like a blazing signal in all the white. She turned around, and her eyes were so bright that Sora caught his breath.

She’s so beautiful, he thought.

Snow fell softly onto Sora’s clothes. Looking down, he saw that his shirt was slowly but steadily being soaked. Kairi approached him, looking steadily more happier.

“You’ve cheered up.” Sora noted happily. Kairi nodded, snowflakes dancing onto her bright hair.

“I’ve realised, Sora,” she began, but paused. Sora looked at her questioningly, so she swallowed and closed her eyes while she spoke.

“There’s a time for mourning. There is a time to grieve. But then, when that’s over, what is left? Nothing. That’s why I have to move on now. Live life to the full. I’ve realised: It’s what he would have wanted. Riku wouldn‘t have wanted to see me upset. He wants me to live his life for him. And spend it with you, Sora.”

Sora stared into her eyes, thinking he would drown in them. A single snowflake settled on her cheek and stuck there. Sora gently brushed it off with his hand causing Kairi to blush deep red. She stood there grinning sheepishly while Sora caressed her face. Finally he stepped forward and the two kissed again in the falling snow.

“Lets go to mine,” Kairi suggested, “nobody is home, its warm and we’ll have the place to ourselves.”

“Sounds good.” Said Sora and held her hand as they made their way across the snow.

“I’m so glad that’s over.” Shell said as her and Tidus walked out of the hall with the rest of the mourners. As they spilled out onto the snow Shell spotted a cascade of purple hair coming out from under a hat.

“Clara!” Shell called out. Clara spun round, her hair whirling through the air. The bitter scars coating Clara’s face still made Shell squirm inside but she was too considerate to show it. To Shell’s interest Clara was arm in arm with a handsome teenage boy. The boy’s tanned face was lightly covered in freckles and his bright blue eyes were half covered by a side fringe. He nodded when he spotted Tidus. Shell was confused.

“Hi!” Clara squealed excitedly. “This is Alex. Alex, this is my friend Shell and her boyfriend Tidus.”

“Hey.” Alex said. He had an odd accent; partly foreign and quite deep.

“Do you guys know each other already?” Shell said, motioning between Tidus and Alex. Tidus chuckled.

“Nah. Just how we men greet each other!”

Alex grinned, and winked at Clara.

“Hey,” Clara teased, “since when did you two become men, eh?”

Tidus opened his mouth in mock surprise. “Since you didn’t notice!”

The group laughed, all friends already. Tidus suddenly bent over and whispered something in Shell’s ear. Shell blushed when she heard what he said and giggled excitedly. The two suddenly ran off, Tidus with his hand firm around Shell’s waist.

Clara looked up at Alex and raised an eyebrow. “I can guess what that was about!”

“Yes?” Alex said, faking ignorance. Clara giggled and pecked his cheek. His face flushed slightly, turning pink.

Suddenly Selphie popped out of nowhere. “Hi guys!”

“Hey. You must be Selphie. I’m Alex.”

Selphie’s eyes widened at Alex. “Yeah but how did you know my name?”

Alex laughed. “Oh, Clara never shuts up about you.”

“Really?”

Clara bit her lip and smiled. “You are a good friend.” She said quietly.

“Aww Clarrrr!” Selphie said and leapt on her friend, hugging her. The two embraced warmly, snow coating their shoulders.

When they broke apart, Selphie put on a serious expression. “But what do you guys think I should do about Wakka?”

“Well.. From a guys point of view, nothing.” Alex said, surprising the girls by giving advice. “It sounds harsh, but he’ll get over it. Whatever will be will be, right?”

Selphie nodded. “Fate.” She said simply.

“Yeah,” Alex half-whispered, “it does weird things to us.” He stopped and looked down on Clara. “But I guess fate decided to be nice to me this one time. Now I’m lucky.”

Clara beamed and the couple kissed once again. Selphie looked away, respecting their privacy.

Love birds, she thought to herself, snorting.

Kairi sat in front of her mirror, humming quietly to herself and brushing her hair steadily. She loved to watch the bristles smoothly run over her red locks. It made her content in a weird way. Sora was downstairs, making some hot chocolate. The house was empty except for the two of them. Outside snow was still falling thickly.

Suddenly something barrelled into her and the world turned upside down. Falling off her stool the brush was knocked out of her grasp and hair went straight into her mouth as she gasped. Hitting the floor, she rolled across the carpet and finally stopped when she hit her bed. Opening her eyes, she saw the person who had tackled her to floor. It was a wide-grinning, red in the face Sora.

“Sora!” Kairi groaned playfully. Sora giggled at her, poking out his tongue.

“Sorry. I couldn’t resist glomping you!”

Kairi poked him in the stomach teasingly, and Sora doubled over. “That tickles!” He roared. “Stop! Kairi!” Kairi continued to tickle him, being careful to use her nails. Sora’s eyes began to water, his breath coming out in gasps. “K-Kairi! Please!!” P-Pl-Pl…”

Kairi burst out laughing at his face and fell back onto her bed. When she stopped and opened her eyes she felt Sora crawl so he was resting on top of her. They kissed lightly, the room darkening. In the half-light Sora’s teeth shone as he smiled broadly. For once, he was clearly and deliriously happy.

Sora awoke late the next morning, wrapped up in blankets on Kairi’s bed. He smiled to himself as a few rays of sunlight escaped the clouds and shone onto the bedcovers through the window. He was ridiculously comfortable; the only thing that was missing was the person that should have been next to him. Kairi was gone; where she had been the bed was still slightly warm, though.

“Kairi?” Sora murmured sleepily. There was no reply, so he sat up steadily in bed and began to look for his clothes. He had tossed them somewhere during the course of his actions last night. Surveying the carpet, he spotted his boxers and a loose t-shirt and hastily pulled them on. He left the room and went to search for Kairi.

“Hello? Kairi?” He called, pacing down the corridor. The clock near the stairs read quarter to noon. Birds chirped noisily outside.

Suddenly he heard a groaning sound coming from his right. Twisting round, he headed for the nearest door. It led into the bathroom. What he heard next was unmistakably the sound of somebody being sick. Violently.

Rushing in he found Kairi kneeling over the toilet, her shivering form wrapped just in a dressing gown and her hair swept across her face. Kairi’s cheeks were a ghostly green; and she was panting between her retches. Sora rushed forward, his mouth full of soothing words. He held back her hair while she was sick over and over. Finally she stopped, and wiped her mouth. Sora handed her a glass of water which she drank eagerly. Shaking, she met his gaze. He stroked her face calmly.

“Sora…” She began. Sora knelt down next to her and hugged her tight.

“Shhhh don’t worry you’ll be better soon.” Sora hushed, patting her back. Kairi struggled out of his grasp suddenly and faced him across the bathroom, her face serious and pale.

“What’s wrong?”

“I…” Kairi stuttered. “I…”

“You what…?” Sora said, blinking rapidly. He stared into her deep blue eyes, and she stared steadily back at him. Finally she spoke, the words coming out fast, but to Sora they seemed to last a lifetime.

“I… I think I’m pregnant.”

6. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

*Sobsob* Poor Kairi! I felt so bad for her at the funeral when she began sobbing. I love the way you developed Wakka in this chapter. I <3 him.

Honestly, I didn't like how Sora wasn't grieving. It was his best friend. But then when you made Kairi start sobbing, it made up for it. I like that even more than if you had Sora grieving, so in the end, it was the best thing you could have done in my opinion.

"Whatever will be will be". Did you get that from a Vanessa Hudgens song? I love that song.

Anywho, I don't know if you really need another part. I think that it ended very cleanly right there.

7. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

great chapter and i'm sad because it's the last one :cryinganime:
    and someone had a good time last night.

you and kairi_girl_92 writing a story i will be reading that.

8. xanthae Merlin's Housekeeper

:cryinganime: that was amazing and so sad.
    You are an excellent writer and i would read anything you write.

9. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh my God oh my God oh my God!
    That ROCKED, Obsessed.
    But ive noticed something i dont think anyone else has noticed.
    The absence of Roxas and Namine.
    i thought they would be in it.
    i noiced a grammatical error too:
    When she opened them she saw his face close to his.
    what's wrong with that sentence?
    lolz we know what you meant.
    <(^-^)>"omg that was so sadd!"
    *breaks down and cries*

10. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Omigawd. That was AWESOME!!!

Seriously, I freakin' loved it!

You portrayed the emotions and personalities of the characters perfectly. It was an awesome read. Too bad it's over....:huh:

I found a song that would go pretty well with this chapter. "Let the Flames Begin" by Paramore. You should listen to it while you read, it's amazing. But sad at the same time.

I'm glad that I inspired such an amazing story, Obsessed. You're an excellent writer and you should keep up the good work. I'll be reading more of your works!

<3

11. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

OWS Thanks for writting that. Im a softie so I started crying! Lol even though it's the ending it felt like a cliff-hanger to me!

12. Juicy Chaser

No, I didn't get it from a song lol. It just came to mind.
    Aww thanks you're so.. I duno but like Im really grateful that you always comment on my chapters and it means a lot. Oh and guys (everyone now) I will actually say some thankyou's when I post the epilogue, its just reading this post ^^ made me smile :D Thanks buddy. I can't believe I didn't make Sora more upset! Whats wrong with me?? Lol. I actually completely forgot to have a mourning Sora part.

Hey Kairi_girl_92! Looks like we got a reader before we've even started!

Lol thanks Lolermee. *coughcoughsoraandkairihadagoodtimecough*

Hey, thanks. Anything you say... :sweat:

Error fixed xD
    Roxas and Namine.. I decided to go with the 'proper' approach and have them as part of Sora and Kairi. Aka non exsistant in the real world.
    Hope Kirby isnt too upset T_T

And thanks for inspiring me! I was a newbie to the site when I first posted and your work encouraged me to post my fic xD If that makes sense... lolz.

Ooh I love that song to pieces <3

Im kinda upset its over too...

You cried? Aww *hugs* I didn't want the ending to be too sad! I thought it was quite a good note to end !

Well, if it felt like a cliff-hanger, perhaps the epilogue will sort that out.. xDD

Yes guys, there will be an epilogue, posted soon hopefully xD

13. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

No, I didn't get it from a song lol. It just came to mind.
    Aww thanks you're so.. I duno but like Im really grateful that you always comment on my chapters and it means a lot. Oh and guys (everyone now) I will actually say some thankyou's when I post the epilogue, its just reading this post ^^ made me smile :D Thanks buddy. I can't believe I didn't make Sora more upset! Whats wrong with me?? Lol. I actually completely forgot to have a mourning Sora part.

*Shrug* No problem. I know how much I like it when people comment on mine, so I always comment on other people's stuff =).

Hey Kairi_girl_92! Looks like we got a reader before we've even started!

Horray! That means that I should get started on that first chapter. For those of you who are wondering, me and OWS are starting in a few weeks, since I've got a lot of stuff going on and don't have much time to write another fanfic right now.

14. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh my God i love that song!
    i have Riot! by Paramore too!
    im sad right now.
    *no details but OWS you already know and dont you dare tell anyone*

15. Juicy Chaser

Don't worry, your secrets are always safe with me.

*slaps self for spamming on own thread*

16. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    HA! I KNEW IT!! WHEN SHE WAS SICK!!! HA!

Nice chapter, OWS!

17. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

What?

wtf does that mean? when who was sick?:confused:

18. Juicy Chaser

When Kairi was sick.
    Its like the first sign of pregnancy or something, so someone who knew that would quickly guess she was preggars (lol my own slang term for pregnant :3)

Lol yosha somehow I expected you to say that...

19. --K-H-A-- Moogle Assistant

...brilliant...that's all I have to say...that and omg awesome ending don't ruin it with a Disney-ish ending in the epilogue lol.

20. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    Am I really that predictable? *shrug* Oh well, can't wait for the next chapter!!