A Hitler doll in Ukraine? Was ist dies?!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mirai, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Why does this video say "This film is currently unavailable due to geo restrictions in your area"

>:

I wanted to rant at the Hiltler doll >_>

Maybe he meant it to be an effigy to be burned?

2. Destined Working for WDW

Wow...this is....no.

What's next? Stalin, Huessin, Castro, John Wilkes Booth?

Epic FAIL

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

*facepalm*

WOW. Who was dumb enough to produce this?

4. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

This is the most horrible thing I have ever EVER seen.

It should never ever be okay to mass produce a doll, featuring the man who slaughtered millions of people, because he didn't like them. Ever.

This is disgusting in every sense of the word, and hopefully, the producer of this doll, will be sued so deep that they won't even have enough money left to buy a sandwich.

5. Singstar Traverse Town Homebody

Thats disgusting. I have no comment on that...Its just disgusting

6. Mirai King's Apprentice

Oh boy, oh boy.

I did not say that Hitler started it, nor did I say that he was the only one. I merely said "He was anti-semitic." Which is going against Jesus' teachings (and morality itself).

Also, source? I've never heard of this rewriting.

Also, while they are Wikipedias and therefore subject to ridicule, clickity, click, click.

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Source on the Bible Rewriting by the Nazis.

I can't find the source for Hitler being styled as God aside from my Tolerance & Inhumanity professor. The only instance I can think of is with the Hitlerjugend. The young men who had lost their fathers in WWI and were sort of the Nazi version of Boy Scouts. So in a sense, Hitler became their new father. And Germany as a whole saw Hitler as some sort of Messiah figure after the Beer Hall Pusch in 1933.

After Mein Kampf was published, and Hitler appointed as Chancellor, the book was the appropriate gift for weddings, graduations, etc. So if Hitler wasn't seen as a religious figure, he was certainly a local hero.

One of your links mentioned the National Church in which only Mein kampf and a sword could be placed on the altar with all other Christian symbols removed and/or destroyed. That sort of sounds like replacing Christianity to me.

If the Nazis wanted anything it would have been more a pagan religion since we know that Hitler listened to prophecies from a Jewish fortune teller and SS leader Heinrich Himmler was deeply obsessed with the occult. Religion wasn't that important to them, at least from my research. They were more concerned with the Aryan ideal. As seen with Himmler sending entire units of the SS on Archaeological digs looking for The Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail, among other things.

My little speil on Anti-Semetism in history was just to provide background on the idea.

8. Repliku Chaser

Hmm, the rewriting of the Bible I believe was meant as part of his movement to unify the Catholic and Protestant churches in Germany under a system kind of how old kings ruled with a religion as a part of the way of life back in the Dark Ages. It would give him more control to unify the factions and also spread things as he wanted. Religion was a sort of tool in the Dark Ages and also Hitler saw it as one, though his goal failed and the churches never did unify and kept mostly to their teachings.

As said, Hitler also didn't cause anti-Semitism. The notion for it had existed since Jesus's death. Actually one of the people to really push for it was the founder of the Protestant movement which was Martin Luther, though for some reason this gets often covered up. Hitler was at least a practicing Catholic on the outside and anti-Semetism had been around for a long time. However, in Germany it grew strong because by statistics, and propaganda to these statistics by the Nazis, it was found that Jews owned many of the stores still functioning after the loss of WW I and seemed economically more stable than many of the other citizens of the time. It was easy to slander this to their benefit and make regular people not like them even more.

Mein Kampf also mentions God in it in areas and Hitler clearly wasn't saying he was 'God' but it could be declared he believed he was some sort of prophet for sure. The SS including Himmler could be said to have 'worshipped' Hitler because he was their 'absolute' leader and they were very devoted to him and the Aryan cause. However, Hitler did not try to claim he 'was' God. He did however, elevate his status as being someone who was working under God's design at times, for sure. Even soldiers had Christian crosses and such as awards on their uniforms so it shows that even if Hitler was not so Christian himself, he knew he could definitely use it to get people more controlled and claimed he was a Christian. WW II is one of those subjects that is so controversial but interesting to me.

As for the doll in the Ukraine, I am actually surprised people allowed this there considering any 'positive' denotation of Hitler is illegal there as well as in many European countries. I don't agree with painting up the guy in a favorable light considering some idiots try to constantly argue with me about whether the Holocaust is just a fabrication of Jews or not. Despite this, I guess I have a quirky sense of humor and would want one and a Stalin doll, Sadam Hussein, Mussolini...so I could put them in some stupid scene like a wrestling ring cage match including dumb wrestling clothes and poke fun at them. I do not approve or condone of what he did, of course, but at the same time, I see nothing wrong with decorating up a stupid scene with him in it to laugh at. Maybe it's a coping mechanism or something.

9. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Well.....that sucks apparently,since everyone else thinks so.

10. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

... okay, the video isn't working for me o.o'

but, I still think a Hitler doll is a stupid idea... He doesn't deserve a doll... besides, what kind of person ould want to buy it? Are they trying to brainwash kids or something? >>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.